HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

** Free Agency 7/1/09 Part 2 **

Old
07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
We may end up with Kovalev and/or Beauchemin...but if ANYBODY really wanted either of these guys they would be signed by now.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
what happens when it dosen't work out?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
DL is clearly challenging the kids to get better before he makes a drastic move for an impact player. I like it.
This isn't PEE WEE you don't challenge the young players to get better before you reward them with help. This is the NHL, where people spend a lot of money to watch this team do nothing every year. We have a right to be pissed and to expect more then some BS about challenging our younger players to get better. You want to challenge them to get better, send them to the AHL and say "see you when you get better"!!!!

lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:42 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
LOL Nice

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:43 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
This isn't PEE WEE you don't challenge the young players to get better before you reward them with help. This is the NHL, where people spend a lot of money to watch this team do nothing every year. We have a right to be pissed and to expect more then some BS about challenging our younger players to get better. You want to challenge them to get better, send them to the AHL and say "see you when you get better"!!!!

Like the good teams do...LMAO...Sanguinetti in a Kings = top 4 dman...anywhere else...AHL until 22

Old
07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
His cap plan is wholly contradictory. There is no point in trying to make sense of it because it doesn't make sense.

In 2007 he dropped more coin than he'll probably ever spend in any offseason for the rest of his life and got nothing more than a pile of ****.
All on short term deals. I know it's complicated. Ah, who am I kidding it's not complicated at all. He brought some fillers in and now they are gone. End of story.

Don't you have a bridge to look for?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
LAMoFoKANGS*

Look at who we are NOT going to go after NEXT year

The other and most important thing for this organization is to sign Rick Nash to a contract extension. The Blue Jackets put forth their first offer and after Nash and his agent reviewed it, they were none too please.

According to the Dispatch, Nash was very disappointed.

“Things didn’t line up the way I anticipated them lining up,” Nash said. “I thought we had a solid chance of getting (a contract) done, especially with all the interest they said they had going into this.

“If this doesn’t happen in the next week, and we can’t hit a number where we’re both satisfied and we both feel it’s fair … if they want me that bad, they’ll get it done.”

The Dispatch also learned that the contract was for 5 years.

The statement reported in the Dispatch that sent Blue Jacket fans running to their phones to call their therapist was when Nash said, “There were tons of teams throwing some pretty big money around (yesterday). If this doesn’t get done, I’m sure I won’t have a problem getting signed by somebody next summer.”

LAMoFoKANGS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMoFoKANGS View Post
Look at who we are NOT going to go after NEXT year

The other and most important thing for this organization is to sign Rick Nash to a contract extension. The Blue Jackets put forth their first offer and after Nash and his agent reviewed it, they were none too please.

According to the Dispatch, Nash was very disappointed.

“Things didn’t line up the way I anticipated them lining up,” Nash said. “I thought we had a solid chance of getting (a contract) done, especially with all the interest they said they had going into this.

“If this doesn’t happen in the next week, and we can’t hit a number where we’re both satisfied and we both feel it’s fair … if they want me that bad, they’ll get it done.”

The Dispatch also learned that the contract was for 5 years.

The statement reported in the Dispatch that sent Blue Jacket fans running to their phones to call their therapist was when Nash said, “There were tons of teams throwing some pretty big money around (yesterday). If this doesn’t get done, I’m sure I won’t have a problem getting signed by somebody next summer.”
Nash is a southern Ontario kid from Toronto, if he isn't a blue Jacket he is likely TO bound. Because they will actually sign a guy to a long term deal and spend some money

Old
07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

A Lombardi quote that tells you everything.

Quote:
"We know that, at some point, we're going to have to make a significant move, but I believe that it has to be a heck of a player," Lombardi said. "There can't be any questions."
No questions? It has to be perfect? The FA cannot have any character issues at all, must do everything he is told, have no ego, have complete allegiance to the team he is joining, must never ask any questions, must score a ton of goals, put up a ton of points, show up every night, and must sign for a reasonable amount as judged by Dean's view of the market...right? No questions means no questions at all. In my business, we call it paralysis by analysis. It generally accompanies the dip **** who is trying to form the right question to ask while 1/2 the cross examination is over.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:50 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

No questions? It has to be perfect? The FA cannot have any character issues at all, must do everything he is told, have no ego, have complete allegiance to the team he is joining, must never ask any questions, must score a ton of goals, put up a ton of points, show up every night, and must sign for a reasonable amount as judged by Dean's view of teh market...right? No questions means no questions at all. In my business, we call it paralysis but analysis. It generally accompanies the dip **** who is trying to form the right question to ask while 1/2 the cross examination is over.
Hahaha. I love Zad. Why arnt you nerds attacking him? Is he saying something different then I am? Bunch of Racists.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:51 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:

No questions? It has to be perfect? The FA cannot have any character issues at all, must do everything he is told, have no ego, have complete allegiance to the team he is joining, must never ask any questions, must score a ton of goals, put up a ton of points, show up every night, and must sign for a reasonable amount as judged by Dean's view of the market...right? No questions means no questions at all. In my business, we call it paralysis but analysis. It generally accompanies the dip **** who is trying to form the right question to ask while 1/2 the cross examination is over.
Don't forget a serious knee injury...

Old
07-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Well, July 1st passes and we do nothing. Is anybody honestly surprised? Nope, it's challenge the young players is how we are going to get better. Awesome. That definatly could not have been done with an elite talent in the lineup. That'll only hinder there development. We mustn't do anything that might disrupt the chemistry of this team. This team needs to build together, well of course except those of you who challenge DL in any way. You are then a locker room cancer and deserve to be dealt.

**** YOU LOMBARDI! Yeah, that's it. We are never going to make playoffs with this ****ing idiot. It'll always be next year the kids'll come through, just one more year and it'll be good. You have to make a move while you have the chance. Look at Chicago. They have a fantastic team this year, why should they give a **** about years later, just deal away Campbell the year after if you need. Look at the Rangers, there is always a way to make it work under the cap. Not advocating being like the Rangers, but this was our best chance to take a chance but the cheap chicken**** DL will not do it. This is why SJS had to fire him to take it to the next level.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Waa waa waa -- I don't think I've read this much whining around here since last July 1, the annual Day of Pay-Full-Retail Player Buying.

Of course, we all know that July 1 is the only possible day for an NHL GM to accomplish anything whatsoever.

Lombardi is hereby officially disallowed from making any moves at all until next July 1, correct me if I'm wrong.

[emoticon plays violin, emoticon cries]

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
lakings41

Quote:

How about being fed-up? It's not like the fans that are begging for action want to see this team get hurt. We want to see improvement and a signing of a player like Havlat to five million a year would get no complaints! **** he'd be 34/35 when his contract expires.
And honestly you don't stop at Havlat either. You tell your kids that were helping you with improvement. You can also get off the 19 yr old teaching an 18 yr old how to be a hockey player/professional BS!
Every year a picture like this or the sky is falling seems to appear! I honestly would like to know what the hardest working front office does beside scout SJ and Philly games. If you love em' so much go the **** back!

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I just noticed the resemblance.

Old
07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Well, July 1st passes and we do nothing. Is anybody honestly surprised? Nope, it's challenge the young players is how we are going to get better. Awesome. That definatly could not have been done with an elite talent in the lineup. That'll only hinder there development. We mustn't do anything that might disrupt the chemistry of this team. This team needs to build together, well of course except those of you who challenge DL in any way. You are then a locker room cancer and deserve to be dealt.

**** YOU LOMBARDI! Yeah, that's it. We are never going to make playoffs with this ****ing idiot. It'll always be next year the kids'll come through, just one more year and it'll be good. You have to make a move while you have the chance. Look at Chicago. They have a fantastic team this year, why should they give a **** about years later, just deal away Campbell the year after if you need. Look at the Rangers, there is always a way to make it work under the cap. Not advocating being like the Rangers, but this was our best chance to take a chance but the cheap chicken**** DL will not do it. This is why SJS had to fire him to take it to the next level.
As much as it pains me.....agreed. I gave you 3 years like you asked Mr. Lombardi. Beauchemin and Kovalev won't appease me...nor will giving up assets for Heatley.

More than half our core players will be UFA's in 3-4 years, what in the **** are you waiting for???

Old
07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
lobo

Well I've had enough of this garbage for today. I'm going to bed where I get to dream about Gaborik getting 50 goals as a Ranger instead of a King. Oh well. Hope Kopitar has big shoulders, because he has an entire team to carry next year. I feel sorry for him, so much talent forced to play for a tool like Lombardi.

Good night now.

Old
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
6 years / 30m for Havlat
Seriously?

Um yeah, Pasadena.

Old
07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
lak4ever

Quote:
I just noticed the resemblance.

hahahahahhaha

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Where are all the Knuble haters?

In retrospect...he sure is a good signing now?
Knuble lover checking in. Washington got a great deal there.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
DeeMeck

I wonder if the Lubo deal has anything to do with this...talk about betrayal of a player with "Kings" stamped on his ass...

Old
07-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
Knuble lover checking in. Washington got a great deal there.
Agree. Remember when Washington was some obscure team in the league? I do too.

Old
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Agree. Remember when Washington was some obscure team in the league? I do too.
Yeah, drafting a generational talent helps.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I wonder if the Lubo deal has anything to do with this...talk about betrayal of a player with "Kings" stamped on his ass...
No doubt. Like I've said since the Lubo trade, DL had a reputation as a tightwad and twoface before he came here, and the Lubo/Cammy/O'Sullivan situations have only further proven this. Anybody who thinks JJ and Frolov are staying here longterm, yah well might as well keep dreaming of Kovalchuk and Nash signing here next year, never going to happen.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 11:07 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
No, I was with you three years ago. I just have more patience. I was a fan of the 1978 NY (Joe Pisarcik) Giants. It took that wreck of an organization 6 years to make a serious playoff run and 8 years to win a Super bowl after bringing in a real GM. I feel I know how this works.

Let me leave you with one thought. Championships are won as much by moves NOT made as with those moves that ARE made. We did not blow our wad today on guys that will hold the Cup up one day. We do have dry powder. That will be evident in the next six weeks.

I will make one prediction. The Rangers will not win the Cup in the next 5 (at $7.5mm) years.
Nailed that one, I'm sure of it. Neither will Minnesota or Montreal.