HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Free Agency 7/1/09 Part 2 **

Old
07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
SFKingshomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
http://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod

at least were doing something.
I have no doubt DL is trying. People need to cut the guy some slack.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Johnny Utah

By the way whoever defended the Canadians signings please realize they don't have a Brown, Kopitar, Doughty or Frolov...they lost there top players today in Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev and Komisarek....who is left? The Kostisyn's? Markov? That's it. They had to do a quick makeover....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Montreal, Chicago, Philly cap problems seem to be hampering them alot.
That's for sure, since they're spending up to the cap today, not thinking about how they will have a hell of a time re-signing any good players tomorrow.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Kings man 4 life

Last July 1 everybody was pissed as **** we didn't land a D man then Boom we get OD for free, if you honestly think that Dean is crying because he couldn't sign anyone, thenm your is full of it. Get over yourself. Dean has his eyes on the prize and isn't going to blow Cap on a FA who wants too much. He'll get someone as a Cap casualty.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
That's for sure, since they're spending up to the cap today, not thinking about how they will have a hell of a time re-signing any good players tomorrow.
Read the post right above yours....

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Johnny Utah

Kovalev is known to be lazy and not care sometimes....when he wants to be the best player on the ice, he is...when he doesn't want to be...he isn't....McKenzie or someone on the TSN Panel said it best today...Kovalev is Montreals "best" and "worst" player.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeeMeck

Quote:

Why...they can take Barker, Ladd, Keith and flip them for other assets...they'll make it work. Just watch. We'll be the ones giving up assets.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I actually wouldn't mind Antropov but not at $5 million a year which he is supposedly asking for.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
JT8888

Quote:
yeah didnt they learn from the rangers? i mean come on how are the rangers going to be able to sign good up and coming FA like gaborik with anchors like gomez and drury?

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Why...they can take Barker, Ladd, Keith and flip them for other assets...they'll make it work. Just watch. We'll be the ones giving up assets.
He's arguably their best defenseman.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Plan B again.

Gaborik should have been signed.
How much would you have given him? 5 years /8.0? or 6 years/7.5? How far would you have gone if you were bidding against Sather?

Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Jwm1986

How the hell could Montreal sign Havlat..Havent they spent enough money today?? Jeez..

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Jwm1986

The more i think about it, i really dont think not signing one of the big guys is that bad.... i think DL has something planned.... at least i hope so

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
He's arguably their best defenseman.
Seabrook is their best dman....but if you have to move Keith (for a 1st and a prospect no less) then you are still getting future assets...and still have room for Hossa so you can do some damage.

Old
07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
How the hell could Montreal sign Havlat..Havent they spent enough money today?? Jeez..
You freaked me out....i thought they really did sign him.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Ah Captain Ron,

This is in response to your little jab at the end of the last thread. As usual you are full of it, because you like to misrepresent what other people say.

I never said the Rangers couldn't sign a big UFA today. I said if they did they would lose one or more of these RFAs: Callahan, Zherdev, or Dubinsky.

I said the same thing regarding the Blackhawks. If they aren't able to move Campbell, they will lose some RFAs. If the cap remains the same, and all indications are it is coming down, the Blackhawks have roughly $12M to sign Barker, Versteeg, Kane, Ladd, and Toews over this summer and next. Even if they move Campbell, they still might not get it done.

I'll give you something I disagree on with Dean. I think he should re-think his offer sheet strategy. This code of conduct among the GMs regarding RFAs is a lot of BS. Put a little pressure on these guys. Make Tallon decide if he's ready to give Barker $3M a season right now.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
You freaked me out....i thought they really did sign him.
lol same here, my heart skipped a beat for a second.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
I don't buy it. Chicago is headed for problems. Will they flip Toews too? Will they flip Kane? Versteeg?

Do they seriously want to flip Keith? Wouldn't they rather keep him?

Campbell is overpaid with years left, Huet is overpaid with years left. You have more confidence in the Blackhawks than I do.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Ah Captain Ron,

This is in response to your little jab at the end of the last thread. As usual you are full of it, because you like to misrepresent what other people say.

I never said the Rangers couldn't sign a big UFA today. I said if they did they would lose one or more of these RFAs: Callahan, Zherdev, or Dubinsky.

I said the same thing regarding the Blackhawks. If they aren't able to move Campbell, they will lose some RFAs. If the cap remains the same, and all indications are it is coming down, the Blackhawks have roughly $12M to sign Barker, Versteeg, Kane, Ladd, and Toews over this summer and next. Even if they move Campbell, they still might not get it done.

I'll give you something I disagree on with Dean. I think he should re-think his offer sheet strategy. This code of conduct among the GMs regarding RFAs is a lot of BS. Put a little pressure on these guys. Make Tallon decide if he's ready to give Barker $3M a season right now.

Yes...but they can trade Campbell, Ladd, and Barker for some good **** (look what the Rags got for Gomez)and still be extremely competitive. Who knows about the cap anyways...it was supposed to go down...big recession and all...cap still went up.

If the cap is 60 mil next year then all these teams are FINEEEEEEEEEE

Old
07-01-2009, 09:53 PM
riseandfall9

On XM. Apparently Gaborik did not like the fact that LA would not commit to a No Trade Clause and feared getting nixed as soon as he signed a long term deal via Visnovsky, Demitra . I guess DL wants players to be Loyal but he can screw everyone he wants.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
How much would you have given him? 5 years /8.0? or 6 years/7.5? How far would you have gone if you were bidding against Sather?
Exactly. I would have liked Gaborik, but no way in hell I'm going over 6 per season. Not for a guy who might not play 75% of each season.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
How many years in a row has this supposedly been the case?

And who are we going to poach, exactly? Briere?
Oh, if he was to bring in Briere and not sign Gaborik for a million more, 1 year less than Briere is signed for, I would be calling for a riot.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JT8888

Quote:
Seabrook is their best dman....but if you have to move Keith (for a 1st and a prospect no less) then you are still getting future assets...and still have room for Hossa so you can do some damage.
Hossa makes 1.45m more then Zus. I know its a 12y deal but he make only 1.45 more and is arguably one of the best player in the league.

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
Hossa makes 1.45m more then Zus. I know its a 12y deal but he make only 1.45 more and is arguably one of the best player in the league.
I don't get your point?

Old
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
riseandfall9

You guys really crack me up. Because LA is Detriot. They should for sure take less money to come to a crappy team. NO WAY I SIGN HIM FOR THIS MUCH OR THAT MUCH. Just go to bed and wake up in the morning and read how dumb you sound.

Im pretty sure when we miss out on Kovalchuk and Nash next year you will find some way to put your tail between your legs and be fine with the Kings not doing anything then aswell.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote