Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vikings Game

Old
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
suitup17

vCash: 500
Vikings Game

Hey guys, I was looking to come down from Winnipeg to go and see the Vikes play the Packers. Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale? I understand for this game they will be hard to get, but I remember the Vikes having a hard time selling out their playoff game last year. Just wondering what it would be like to get tickets. They are currently going for about 2-3x + regular price on Stubhub. Is there no possible way to get tickets at face value or even close to it? Also, I was just wondering what would be a good hotel to stay at for a reasonable price. I'm basically looking for the best bang for the buck. I'm worried that once Favre signs with the Vikes, the tickets will skyrocket even higher. Thanks for all the help.

suitup17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 01:12 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
It all depends on a lot of things.

If you do not mind missing the first 5 minutes or so of the game. You can usually fight a scalper trying to unload his tickets just after kick off. Then you are looking at face value.

For hotels. Depends on what you want. Staying close to the U campus, there arw relativly cheap hotels and are close. Not sure on addresses but you could find out the adress for Marriucci or Williams areana and look close to there. Nice neighborhood. Nothing special. The bars on campus are younger crowds but fun and there would be plenty of places to eat. If you like pizza and sandwiches and stuff. The gopher mens team plays an exibition vs Britsh Columbia that Sunday the 4th. Those tickets will go for face value and if you wait i am sure half price after a bit.

Downtown is a little more expensive and the distance is about the same. The hotel are a little nicer and more money. You can catch the light rail to the games and its not bad. You can walk too. Either way. The night life going back to your hotel, the bars can be just as young or a little older. Most are more up tempo from the campus ones. There are several and i am not sure of address. I stayed in a few of them. Nothing special but nothing to bad.

Not sure if you like to party or tailgate. But after most vikes games i take a cab home. People show up at about 7 so as early as 6AM. And go hard up to, during and some after the game if they do not want to sit in traffic. I know its a monday night game. I have been there all day for one of those.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:12 AM
suitup17

Well i actually got a steal from Stubhub. I got endzone tickets for 175 each, row 6!!! Now I just need to find a hotel to stay in. I'm thinking the aloft? I would prefer to walk there if I could and this hotel seems to be pretty close. Another question though, does anyone know if the season will start early because of the olympics? I'm gonna see what the schedule is like on July 15th and see if I can catch a hockey game while I'm there too.

Old
07-08-2009, 03:02 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
For a two night stay. Iam guessing sun and mon nights. You are looking at 300 i bet for the aloft. At the raddison on washington on campus. It would run you about 200.

From the Raddison its a 8 block walk to the dome and a 4 block walk to the gopher hockey arena. If you do not mind walking 10 or less blocks. You could save about 100 dollars.

The days inn. On campus. About a 15 block walk. Still not bad. Its a generous 15. Is about 80$ a night. Now you are looking at 140. Thats 2 gopher tickets and the rest is cab fair and its still cheaper than the aloft.

Both walks are down Wash ave. A busy street. Not a bad walk at all.

The aloft will be nicer.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 01:08 PM
suitup17

Thanks for all of the information. I will make a decision once the NHL schedule comes out. I hope it starts early because of the Olympics.

Old
07-08-2009, 03:21 PM
djp4516

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitup17 View Post
Thanks for all of the information. I will make a decision once the NHL schedule comes out. I hope it starts early because of the Olympics.
How many tickets are you looking for? We usually sell the Packers game (we have season tickets in section 138, lower deck corner of the west endzone) because it's easy to sell... especially this year with all the hoopla... we have 2 tickets. They run at 75 dollars apiece, I'm sure we'd sell them for around 120 or so.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Jokes

Another good hotel to check out would be the Holiday Inn Metrodome. It's within walking distance of the dome the U of M campus and downtown, and it's relatively cheap.

Jokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:35 PM
suitup17

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
How many tickets are you looking for? We usually sell the Packers game (we have season tickets in section 138, lower deck corner of the west endzone) because it's easy to sell... especially this year with all the hoopla... we have 2 tickets. They run at 75 dollars apiece, I'm sure we'd sell them for around 120 or so.
Well thanks for the offer. I actually bought some from Stubhub in section 118. I got screwed for the ones that were in section 100, row 6. Apparently the seller no longer had them? BS I say!!! Just to ask, why would you want to sell them? With Favre more than likely coming back, that will be a huge game. I've never watched an NFL game live before. Very excited!

Old
07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
suitup17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
Another good hotel to check out would be the Holiday Inn Metrodome. It's within walking distance of the dome the U of M campus and downtown, and it's relatively cheap.
I looked at that too. I usually stay in the Holiday Inn when I go to St. Paul for Wild VS Sharks games. When I looked on expedia, it was showing that Holiday Inn was more expensive then the Aloft. I'm thinking it's because of the people coming in to see the game. Thanks for the info. I really just want to be able to walk to the game. I'm also thinking that I may catch the last Twins game of the year on the Sunday, or maybe they'll make the playoffs and I could watch one of those games. The fact that it's KC kinda sucks, but would be nice to catch a game. I also wonder if the NHL season will start earlier this year because of the Olympics. I would love to catch another Wild game while I'm out there. I guess I'll have to wait until July 15th to see what the schedule will be like. Thanks for the info!

Old
07-09-2009, 04:24 AM
djp4516

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitup17 View Post
Well thanks for the offer. I actually bought some from Stubhub in section 118. I got screwed for the ones that were in section 100, row 6. Apparently the seller no longer had them? BS I say!!! Just to ask, why would you want to sell them? With Favre more than likely coming back, that will be a huge game. I've never watched an NFL game live before. Very excited!
Because people don't always want to buy tickets and that's one game that for sure will be sold. The tickets cost a hell of a lot of money to renew each year.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
suitup17

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Because people don't always want to buy tickets and that's one game that for sure will be sold. The tickets cost a hell of a lot of money to renew each year.
Thats true, I just figure that'd be a must-see game, but it's very obviously a money maker.