HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Thoughts on the Bolts (After 1 day of FA)

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2009, 10:31 PM
CSampson

vCash: 500
Your Thoughts on the Bolts (After 1 day of FA)

Am I out of my mind to think we have a very credible blue line now? Ohlund, Hedman, Meszaros, Ranger, Smaby, Walker, Kracijek (the only **** smear in my opinion)...that's not including Lashoff or Wishart who should be up with the team soon (Lashoff should be up there IMO)...The only thing left to see is if we mesh back there. Chemistry was a problem last season but so were injuries. Walker was a bit of a surprise but he's a big guy, someone to block shots and be physical so I won't complain too much. We were way too soft last season anyways. Ohlund is a very dependable 2 way guy, and is gonna be an anchor. The best part is that all of our guys can play big minutes, and they should all be able to keep up depending on their icetime.

We didn't sign anyone up front but that isn't neccesarily bad...one could argue that we need another top 6 winger, but even if we don't get one I wouldn't be too against it. Our guys up front need to develop some chemistry anyways and new faces don't help that much. It is safe to assume that Downie will play a full time role, and hopefully other young guys like Paul Szczechura and Karsums fill out our offense. Prospal is due for his breakout season, as per his trend, so I can see 70-80 pts from him.

Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
Downie-Lecavalier-Prospal
Hall-Halpern-Artyukhin
Szczechura-Craig-Karsums

Hedman-Ohlund
Meszaros-Ranger
Walker-Smaby (this line destroys anything that moves)
Krajicek

Smith
??

Something like that? Even if not identical to what is posted above, I still think we got much better and more credible. A stable coaching staff and plan with Tocchet, and no hype to the beginning of our season (Europe, half a new team, Melrose) should also be very beneficial.

What do you guys think of the look of the team now?

Old
07-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Rschmitz

Pretty much the most any bolts fan could have hoped for. They could try and rework the third/fourth lines, but I am content knowing that the blueline is stabilized.

Old
07-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Hockeyfan02

Still a few pieces needed like a backup goalie, they probably need to find a cheap top 6 winger, and there was talk at the townhall meeting of upgrading the bottom 6 which hasn't been done yet. Is there enough money to go around and do that? I don't know, probably going to be a trade or two. In the last week this team has improved drastically on the blueline. It's light years ahead of where it was at the end of last season. I'm very happy with what's happened in the last week and I feel much better about the team than I did last year during free agency. Still a long way to go in the offseason though.

Old
07-02-2009, 12:14 AM
RunAmucK

it look alright just dont have anyone involved with the team publicly say you guys are the best in your division. it didn work out to well for ya last year lol

Old
07-02-2009, 12:17 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Really hope they bring in someone really strong defensively for the bottom 6, I would love to see Axelsson here, beyond that I don't think we need much. I can't believe they did it, but they managed to get my hopes up again for next season.

I think Ranger gets traded though, he is just my pick for who ends up on the outside looking in.

Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
Axe-Halpern-Artyukhin
Szczechura-Jones-Karsums

Hedman-Ohlund
Meszaros-Smaby
Walker-Lashoff
Krajicek

Old
07-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
They did adress the most vital issues at the blueline, so im very pleased, we will get a back-up goalie and maybe a winger. But even if not, I think they done a great job so far both in the draft and with the deals made yesterday.

07-02-2009, 03:20 AM
hockeybhoy67

Sorry if was not talked about already but why wasn't Corey Murphy even considered? I'd take him over Kraijeck..

I also think we could do with a cheap top 6 winger

Old
07-02-2009, 03:23 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
They did adress the most vital issues at the blueline, so im very pleased, we will get a back-up goalie and maybe a winger. But even if not, I think they done a great job so far both in the draft and with the deals made yesterday.
I feel the same way. We could end up trading for a better winger and just signing a goalie or vice versa. I think we'll find out about that very soon though.

Old
07-02-2009, 04:55 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRANGE VICTORY View Post
Really hope they bring in someone really strong defensively for the bottom 6, I would love to see Axelsson here, beyond that I don't think we need much. I can't believe they did it, but they managed to get my hopes up again for next season.

I think Ranger gets traded though, he is just my pick for who ends up on the outside looking in.

Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
Axe-Halpern-Artyukhin
Szczechura-Jones-Karsums

Hedman-Ohlund
Meszaros-Smaby
Walker-Lashoff
Krajicek
Noooo he wont be traded, or hed better not be

Why do people keep saying this, a 24 year old dman, that has a cap hit of less than $950k who is capable of being a number 3 dman on most teams. Sure he has had injury problems, but he has been out since feb/march and should be just fine for training camp. He has nearly 4 whole seasons experience in the NHL and he is JUST 24 years old. I mean at that price he could even be the 7th dman of Krajicek if it cam to that (who will undoubtedly have signed for more) also if he HAS to be traded it should not be done now, his value is at a low, just coming off of surgery who knows how he will be long term, so if you trade him it is at the deadline. But dont.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:27 AM
ImaPuckhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Noooo he wont be traded, or hed better not be

Why do people keep saying this, a 24 year old dman, that has a cap hit of less than $950k who is capable of being a number 3 dman on most teams. Sure he has had injury problems, but he has been out since feb/march and should be just fine for training camp. He has nearly 4 whole seasons experience in the NHL and he is JUST 24 years old. I mean at that price he could even be the 7th dman of Krajicek if it cam to that (who will undoubtedly have signed for more) also if he HAS to be traded it should not be done now, his value is at a low, just coming off of surgery who knows how he will be long term, so if you trade him it is at the deadline. But dont.
I like Ranger however he is not a physical player (neither was Murphy) and thus not a Tocc kinda player. That is the only reason I can for trading him. That and he has a nice salary number and is a developing pucking moving defenseman and thus have some value.

Lets see what they do today, we need a goalie that can start (Love Smith but his health scares me even if he starts the season he is one hit away from being injured) and we need a winger.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:33 AM
BoltSonian33

First of all, i like the signings so far.The hair dude adressed the needs of the team and filled the holes. So i should be excited for the new season, even if we do not get a winger which i think we need if we want to go for the play offs.

BUT.in the last 2 days my freaky mind had me thinking about mike smith.What IF (god beware) he is not ready to play when the season starts, or if he thinks he is ready but plays like vinny last year.
with all the injury problems and bad luck this team has, we MUST go after a 1B Goalie to not risk to throw away this season again.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:38 AM
TBFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Totally agree. They addressed their biggest need. I would like to see another winger here either thru trade or a FA. Haven't seen enough from Downie to warrent playing on the first 2 lines.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:48 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPuckhead View Post
I like Ranger however he is not a physical player (neither was Murphy) and thus not a Tocc kinda player. That is the only reason I can for trading him. That and he has a nice salary number and is a developing pucking moving defenseman and thus have some value.

Lets see what they do today, we need a goalie that can start (Love Smith but his health scares me even if he starts the season he is one hit away from being injured) and we need a winger.
He wasn't a physical player because his shoulder was held together by a few pieces of pasta. He can play a little tougher (and he did very early in the year, and then his play dropped off when his labrum snapped again) and I expect him to in the future.

As for Downie... I think he's fully capable of playing in the top six. He looked stellar with Stamkos, because hes so good along the boards.

Old
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Untamable

Id rather switch up the first two lines a little....

Malone-Lecavalier-Prospal
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis
Hall-Halpern-Artyukhin
Szczechura-Craig-Karsums

because as Bobsled said, Downie played so well with Stammer.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:18 AM
echlfreak

Downie should be on the 3rd line at best as an agitator and they should try and fill the last top forward slot with:

Samuelsson
Tanguay
Fedotenko
Sykora
Kovalev
Recchi for cheap

How much do you think TB will spend up to to complete their roster???

Old
07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Downie should be on the 3rd line at best as an agitator and they should try and fill the last top forward slot with:

Samuelsson
Tanguay
Fedotenko
Sykora
Kovalev
Recchi for cheap

Don't care for the moody ***** that is Kovalev, Sykora wouldn't be bad, Fedotenko ran his course here, Tanguay will cost too much i'm sure (and is soft), Recchi would be... okay but not great, Samuelsson i'm on the fence about.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Hockeyfan02

I'd like to avoid Samuelsson. He was in the perfect system in Detroit surrounded by a lot of talent. I don't think he's going to be anywhere near the same player on a different team. Tanguay is probably terrified to come here because of R2.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamable View Post
Id rather switch up the first two lines a little....

Malone-Lecavalier-Prospal
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis
Hall-Halpern-Artyukhin
Szczechura-Craig-Karsums

because as Bobsled said, Downie played so well with Stammer.
Looks good to me

Dare I say the "p" word?

Nope

Old
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I'd like to avoid Samuelsson. He was in the perfect system in Detroit surrounded by a lot of talent. I don't think he's going to be anywhere near the same player on a different team. Tanguay is probably terrified to come here because of R2.
Probably right on both accounts.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Sear91

I think we did a great job at addressing the most dire problem at the blue line. We should definitely get a 1B goalie and at least a decent 2nd liner or borderline 3 liner. I personally would go with Sykora.

Old
07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

I still wan't ville leino

Old
07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
TBLFanatic

I don't think Hedman is going to be playing top minutes for us this season. Well, if thats what you mean by listing him at the first pair heh. I still think Meszaros and/or Ranger will be up there.

Old
07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
Hedman-Ohlund
Meszaros-Ranger
Walker-Smaby (this line destroys anything that moves)
Krajicek
Wow, this defence looks very solid.

Old
07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post

Samuelsson
Tanguay
Fedotenko
Sykora
Kovalev
Recchi for cheap

Assuming Downie has been working on his skating he can be in a top 6 role.....There is no doubt he has the skillsm He looked great even in his rookie year when he was given time with good players on a line with Hartnell and Richards. If you have a line that cycles in the offensive zone he can be deadly.

Old
07-03-2009, 08:13 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
you guys should sign Niittymaki to back up Smith, since you guys play ATL 6 times

Closed Thread