HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ilkka Pikkarainen returns to Devils

Old
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
4rde

vCash: 500
Ilkka Pikkarainen returns to Devils

http://devils.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=433222

Ilkka had a career high year in terms of goals and points, he really stepped up as a goalscorer for his team in the finnish elite league this year. Not that the Devils are getting him to score goals, but he is also big and tough.

Sounds to me like he is having a real shot to make the roster right away, he didnt sign to play in the ahl.

EDIT: its a one-way contract.

Last edited by 4rde: 07-02-2009 at 10:37 AM.
4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:31 AM
School

its been a sad 2days to be a devils fan

School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Puckclektr

What a joke. Lou better sign someone signifigant. He hasn't addressed our issues, like a top D or a number two center. This guy is a foruth liner.

This guy is being outscored on his own team by the likes of Stephen Guolla, Rem Murray and Shawn Bates but put up 149 PIM. My guess is to replace Rupp

This is ********. You have a year or two left with an elite goalie before this team may be forced to rebuild and you do **** all. Stupid signings the last couple of years in Rolston and Zubrus and a bunch of ********. If he re-signs Pandolfo I am going to lose it...

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by School View Post
its been a sad 2days to be a devils fan
Why, because we got rid of who we wanted to get rid of and didn't sign any garbage out of panic?

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
School

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Why, because we got rid of who we wanted to get rid of and didn't sign any garbage out of panic?
losing gionta is a big deal im sorry. its alway garbage to all you other devils fans if we signed havlet you all would be up on his high horse. im a realist our whole division has gotten stronger and we have not..

Old
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
If he re-signs Pandolfo I am going to lose it...
Pandolfo already has two years left on his contract.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
School

we have not addressed any of our problems that got us eliminated in the first round

Old
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Welcome to Dallas' world. Big Joe has done **** in trying to improve this team already.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Pandolfo already has two years left on his contract.
My bad. I thought he only signed one year last year. Well that sucks. Hopefully he is traded. Unless that waste of space has a NTC.

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I Hate Tie DOMI

Quote:
we have not addressed any of our problems that got us eliminated in the first round
Sutter is gone so that helps.

I Hate Tie DOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
Welcome to Dallas' world. Big Joe has done **** in trying to improve this team already.
thanks for hearing what im saying. i cant even talk on the devils board without being a outcast. we have some fans that love mediocrity. Everytime other teams sign or make a deal its a problem but if we did it it would be the best thing since sliced bread. im embarrassed to be a season ticket holder

Old
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Epic signing

07-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Wow I hate so much of HF boards.

If a team doesn't make a big splash on the first day of free agency they're castigated by fans and rivals alike. Because, after all, unrestricted free agency has alsways proven to be a good barometer of Stanley Cup Playoff success.

Get real people. Half the contracts that were handed out yesterday will look horrible in two years time.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
thanks for hearing what im saying. i cant even talk on the devils board without being a outcast. we have some fans that love mediocrity. Everytime other teams sign or make a deal its a problem but if we did it it would be the best thing since sliced bread. im embarrassed to be a season ticket holder
Yeah, I bet you would have been a propenent of signing Drury or Briere two off-seasons ago.

Embarassed to be a season ticket holder after a quiet 23 hours. Wow. Good, the Devils don't need you as a fan.

Old
07-02-2009, 09:48 AM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
What a joke. Lou better sign someone signifigant. He hasn't addressed our issues, like a top D or a number two center. This guy is a foruth liner.

This guy is being outscored on his own team by the likes of Stephen Guolla, Rem Murray and Shawn Bates but put up 149 PIM. My guess is to replace Rupp
I actually thought he was HIFK's best forward this season, not sure if he can match the nhl level now though.

And when he played in the ahl years back he was really a grinder then, now he can score aswell.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
and you have yet to offer any solutions when people ask what contracts you would have liked the Devils to take in

Just go sell your season tickets again because of a slow first day

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:51 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Yeah, I bet you would have been a propenent of signing Drury or Briere two off-seasons ago.

Embarassed to be a season ticket holder after a quiet 23 hours. Wow. Good, the Devils don't need you as a fan.
More like 'a quiet 4 years'. Lamoriello has been very mediocre since the lockout and few very Devils fans call him out on it.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:54 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
losing gionta is a big deal im sorry. its alway garbage to all you other devils fans if we signed havlet you all would be up on his high horse. im a realist our whole division has gotten stronger and we have not..
When a player makes $4 million dollars and can't top 25 goals or 60 points, no it isn't a big deal. Gio was a great soldier and I appreciate everything he did but there is no way on God's earth that he is worth $5 million a year long term when he has proven that he can't produce at a high level anymore.

We've needed to get rid of our extra baggage and get younger for a while, now's the time that we can finally do it.

Also, kind of hard to build a team when you don't have a coach. Lou knew the types of players he wanted to get with Sutter.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
We have a select few on the Dallas boards that think Niskanen, Grossman, Sydor, Daley, Hutchinson, Robidas are a top D core. Granted if Zubov comes back i don't think he will be that effective given his injuries. Big Joe decides to let 99% of the top D available go without attempting to grab them. I guess we could look on the bright side...Witt is still available...

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
More like 'a quiet 4 years'. Lamoriello has been very mediocre since the lockout and few very Devils fans call him out on it.
I admit Lou has made some questionable decisions in the last four years. He's also made some genius ones like signing Oduya for instance. All in all, the Devils got ***** by the lockout and have won the Atlantic Divison title 3 of the last 4 seasons, even admist Lou's mistakes.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:02 AM
School

Quote:
When a player makes $4 million dollars and can't top 25 goals or 60 points, no it isn't a big deal. Gio was a great soldier and I appreciate everything he did but there is no way on God's earth that he is worth $5 million a year long term when he has proven that he can't produce at a high level anymore.

We've needed to get rid of our extra baggage and get younger for a while, now's the time that we can finally do it.

Also, kind of hard to build a team when you don't have a coach. Lou knew the types of players he wanted to get with Sutter.
i bet you he would of signed for 4 mil again. how can you say that our second line and a non producing center in zubrus. Give gionta someone that can put the puck on net with some power from the point and he will destroy. He scores off rebounds almost every goal scored when he had 48 was from about 3 feet out..

Old
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
School

Quote:

yeah and rolston is worth 5mill right.

Old
07-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
but plenty of Ranger fans have no problem hurling judgment at him. hate hate hate

That Parise contract trumps any of his mistakes by a lot.

where is JA? He's all about insulting when Lou Lam's does something questionable.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:05 AM
MBrodeur30

Quote:
Yeah we wanted them to be gone to have the cap space to adress our real needs. A d-man and a center. Now Lou has to sign someone. Most of the good FAs are already gone.

MBrodeur30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:06 AM
sattar18

You gotta love people panicking when its only July 2nd. Some teams learn after their mistakes and others dont. Lou doesnt want to spend cap space because he knows the cap will fall next year and wants to keep the core intact (Zajac, Parise, Martin, Marty, Elias) and im fine with that.

Winning on July 1st does not equal winning games.

sattar18 is online now   Reply With Quote