HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We are FAST

Old
07-03-2009, 10:04 PM
x-bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
The Hobbit line but who's the 4th hobbit?

Cammalleri/Merry - Gomez/Frodo - Gionta/Sam

Who's Pippin? He's the dumbest of the bunch too.
Gill? Oh no...wait...?

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Go Habs Go

Man Gionta is really fast

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlp=8467407&fr=false

Look at the 2005-2006 season. Looks like at the beginning, Gionta was playing with Kozlov and others but then half way through, he's united with Gomez and either Elias and Brylin. Some really fantastic goals and its always assisted by Gomez.

He's so small but so awesome, I think he's going to become a huge fan favourite soon.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
From the games I watched of the Flames, I think Koivu and Cammy might have the same speed. Koivu still has good speed too.

Though, Cams does have good speed, and a great shot, Gomez and Gionta attack and Cams is the trailer to fire a shot home. Sounds good to me.

Anyone heard of when a press conference might be introducing the new FA and maybe Gomez as well ?
When Beauchemin will be signed.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Amputechture

When are these guys going to be introduced to the media, put on the jerseys and such?

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:27 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38 View Post
You can't hit what you can't catch.

Speed, speed, speed!

They may be small, but they have the wheels.

A.Kost, Pleks, S.Kost....Zoom, zoom!!
Cammalleri and SKost fast?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:27 PM
beaverBFP

Quote:

Look at the 2005-2006 season. Looks like at the beginning, Gionta was playing with Kozlov and others but then half way through, he's united with Gomez and either Elias and Brylin. Some really fantastic goals and its always assisted by Gomez.

He's so small but so awesome, I think he's going to become a huge fan favourite soon.
i just creamed my pants a little
im pumped

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:50 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:

He'll definitely be a fan favorite. Not just because of his skills but also because of his work ethic. I think that the people who used to admire Koivu for working hard will love Gionta for the same reason.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Pedro McGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cammallari isn't as fast as many people think. Calgary fans and La fans keep saying that.
Just the fact that poeple think he is fast, there has to be something to it one would think.

Ive noticed an attitude change in this forum in the last day or so. Am I imagining this or do poeple seem to be accepting it now. We are not in a terrible position folks. this team will be ****ing frustrating to play against.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:13 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Cammalleri is slow btw.
yup....but apparently since he's small every habs fan thinks he's fast.

Gomez isnt a rocket either.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Like I said, we're so small, it would be insane to put all of our big and physical players on the same line. Gomez, Gionta, Cammer and Andrei K. need someone to do their dirty work. IMO that will be Pacioretty and Latendresse.
It would be ideal for Pacioretty to play finisher on a line with Andrei Kostitsyn. Those 2 really clicked last year with Plekanec in the 3, 4 games Carbo played them together.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
yup....but apparently since he's small every habs fan thinks he's fast.

Gomez isnt a rocket either.
What? Ever since he has worked on his skating a couple of seasons back Gomez has been one of the fastest skaters in the league.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Melvin Udall

[QUOTE= [B]#57 [/B] ;20239573]We are FAST

WE ARE SMALL.........SMALLER THAN EVER!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Cammalleri and SKost fast?
Yes.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:42 AM
FinnHab

i hope we succes like fast and small Sabres few years ago..we just miss that one centerman....

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Disgruntled

I don't know if Martin has changed his coaching style but he was 100% dump and chase during his time in Ottawa.

Disgruntled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Gainey is probably hoping the same thing as you.

He is trying to recreate a chemistry that worked in the past.
If he is right, then we are the winners in all those trades/UFA.
if not, he will be out next summer...

From Gomez perspective, this is his last chance before being called a Bust. Either he delivers and rebuild his confidence or he fails and then nobody wants him.

The key to all this is Gomez. Let's hope he can be back!!!
One thing for sure, there is a better team to support him and more motivation here... If this is what he needs, he got pently of it!

exelent post.

When i see the speed and skill we will have now it makes me think of the 70's. That offence was built on speed and skill. This team is primed with a really good wave of prospects on the fringes. Pacioretty is pretty much on his way to becoming a regular this season and either of O'byrne,Weber, or Subban too. The left overs that don't make it plus the maxwell/ Russel/White/Carle etc. are pretty good too.

I like the skill level and speed. As long as Latendresse and Pacioretty are used on the top lines i see no problem with size. Pleks is key too. I think he will excell this year. He can't be snake bit 2 years in a row. He is very skilled and fast.

The Defence is upgraded on the skill side and Gill is an upgrade replacement on the PK. If Schneider can be retained cheap i think the ability of the D core to pass the puck will be instrumental to our speedy skilled forwards.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:06 AM
jasonleaffan

vCash: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
It's going to be fun seeing this team play this season. If we thought the team was fast before, wait until next year. Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri might all just be among the top-10 fastest skaters in the league.

Those 3 will replace Tanguay, Koivu and Kovalev, the latter two were getting slower with each games. We also got rid of Lang.

Add to that the Kostitsyn brothers, Lapierre, Plekanec and Pacioretty. We are FAST.

Now to really exploit Toronto's pylon-filled defense, Jacques Martin will need to make sure the defensemen on this team make some good outlet passes, and stop using the side boards every single time. If we can achieve that, we're going to have the puck most of the time and we will be dangerous. We CANNOT play a dump and chase style. It will kill us.

Yeah, we're small, but that can be easily fixed. I am seeing some of you putting Cammer-Gomez-Gionta all together on the first line. That is INSANE. The two key players this coming season will be Pacioretty and Latendresse, because they are young, talentend, BIG, GRITTY and are WILLING TO GO INTO DIRTY AREAS. They are going to be playing with Cammer, Gomez, Gionta and Andrei K. and that will be our top-6.

Which leaves Plekanec, Lapierre, D'Agostini and Sergei K to make an awesome 3rd line, and Laraque and Stewart on the 4th to create havoc.

I am pumped for the 2009-10 season. Only negative thing I have to say about what Gainey has done is WHY THE HELL DID YOU GIVE UP MCDONAGH. But we'll see how that one works out.
Your best d-man last year is now a pylon in toronto, funny how that works. we have become a hell of alot tougher team to play against. It will show all next year as we knock around small teams, like yours i can not wait for the season to start

jasonleaffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Habs12max

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleaffan View Post
Your best d-man last year is now a pylon in toronto, funny how that works. we have become a hell of alot tougher team to play against. It will show all next year as we knock around small teams, like yours i can not wait for the season to start
he wasn't our best d-man, Markov was...And after markov, I have to say it was GORGES.

He is a pylon, O'byrne skates better than him.

He hits, but he is a pylon.

You D is too slow .

Habs12max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs12max View Post
he wasn't our best d-man, Markov was...And after markov, I have to say it was GORGES.

He is a pylon, O'byrne skates better than him.

He hits, but he is a pylon.

You D is too slow .
People laugh at us overpaying to get players.. I have no problem overpaying to get some points on the board.. but overpaying to stand there and watch us skate around him to put points on the board.. Fair Trade I guess.. But then again it is Toronto and from what Ive seen from the media Burkies doing one hell of a good job rebuilding there.. slower.. dumber.. What was Mr.Gainey thinking ?? hahahahahaha

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Habs12max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
People laugh at us overpaying to get players.. I have no problem overpaying to get some points on the board.. but overpaying to stand there and watch us skate around him to put points on the board.. Fair Trade I guess.. But then again it is Toronto and from what Ive seen from the media Burkies doing one hell of a good job rebuilding there.. slower.. dumber.. What was Mr.Gainey thinking ?? hahahahahaha
lol yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe Komisarek will crush some of our players, but it will be in a 4-1 win for the habs because they wont be able to catch up with our skill an speed.

Anyway, Kaberle, Shenn, Kulemin, tlustly and Poni are good, but they are not first line players. And for the grabovski lover, well, when paired with some good players in Montreal, he looks like ******. I understandable that he looks good if you compare him to jeff finger and co. haha

Habs12max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled View Post
I don't know if Martin has changed his coaching style but he was 100% dump and chase during his time in Ottawa.
Martin said that he wats a puck possession team here like Detroit (he did mention Detroit) and not a dump and chase style. Anyways, with our smurf line, a dump and chase style would be foolish.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:35 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

The Bell Center is no more...

With all this speed....

...zoom, zoom, zoom...

Welcome to Mazda Center

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:43 AM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
the Habs are Fast and Furious. welcome to the chase of the Cup.

ymorin007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled View Post
The thing I remember most about those Ottawa teams:

1) They always beat us

2) They had a fantastic transition game

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
The thing I remember most about those Ottawa teams:

1) They always beat us

2) They had a fantastic transition game
3) Relentless on the puck carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleaffan View Post
Komisarek has not at any point been the Habs best defenseman.

Quote:

Wow, thanks for the link. I was checking out Kovalchuk(my favorite player) and he's exactly like I remember. Aside from Ovechkin, he's the only winger in the East who can create all kinds of offense by himself. Put him with anyone in the league, he'll still get 40 goals, 40 assists. I mean check out his goals and compare them to other players, he's a one man team.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote