HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Left Wing Sniper Candidates

Old
07-02-2009, 04:56 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoffking View Post
what about someone like petr sykora...he scored 25 goals last year, albiet on a very offensively gifted penguins team but any thoughts...could probably get him for cheap and see what he could do.
I know you mentioned the talented Pens team, but keep in mind, he played w/ Malkin. I'm a Pens fan after a Kings fan and I say no to Sykora. He's very frustrating.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:00 PM
LeanSixSigma

what about Clowe? He had 22 goals and 30 assists last year. it might be possible to get him.

LeanSixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
Didn't the price for heatley go UP since Ott had to cough up 4mil at 12:01 this morning?
I think that depends on what Melnyk decides. If he decides at some point this summer that he can not stand having Heatley anywhere near Ottawa for another minute, then his value goes way down. If Melnyk is OK to let Heatley not play and eat up SIGNIFICANT cap space for part or all of the season, then Murray can demand more, especially considering half his salary this year is already paid.

I think Dean stays away unless Melnyk decides he just wants to unload him, and Murray is not getting any offers that really help the team improve from teams Heatley will waive his clause to go to. Only then, as I said in the other thread, do I think Dean would bite.

In that scenario, Murray would be so desparate to unload Heatley and his cap hit, that Murray would be more willing to accept assets that he doesn't need, but can flip for stuff he does need.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK33 View Post
what about Clowe? He had 22 goals and 30 assists last year. it might be possible to get him.
Maybe so, but at what cost? San Jose and LA are division rivals and that could have alot of influence on what goes back the other way.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I think that depends on what Melnyk decides. If he decides at some point this summer that he can not stand having Heatley anywhere near Ottawa for another minute, then his value goes way down. If Melnyk is OK to let Heatley not play and eat up SIGNIFICANT cap space for part or all of the season, then Murray can demand more, especially considering half his salary this year is already paid.

I think Dean stays away unless Melnyk decides he just wants to unload him, and Murray is not getting any offers that really help the team improve from teams Heatley will waive his clause to go to. Only then, as I said in the other thread, do I think Dean would bite.

In that scenario, Murray would be so desparate to unload Heatley and his cap hit, that Murray would be more willing to accept assets that he doesn't need, but can flip for stuff he does need.
I may be in the minority but Heatley never said he would go to Edmonton. I didn't expect him to say anything less to Ottawa in that regards. B.Murray is trying to drive his price up but they need to settle for a fairly decent return and move on. We will see if playing hardball will be the best thing for that team or not. Seems like another Yashinesque year for the Sens on the horizon. Maybe their gamble will pay off again.

Old
07-02-2009, 05:11 PM
R0CKET

I think Kovy would help and do a fair job of adding offense.

I think I like the Tanguay idea best at this point, yes he is more of an assist man but I think that they are a pretty wretched puck possession team and I like the thought of adding his passing ability. All that is going to get more out of the scorers we have.

If Heatly is an option, not that I'd take that chance, but he has to be damaged goods at this point and with nothing (other than a rejected deal for Edm) coming in the quest begins to become "how low are the Sens willing to go" to get his fat contract and issues off their roster? Based on this, I'd consider an offer of Moller, Ersberg, Lewis or a 2nd. With so many runors about LA going after the guy it makes me wonder if Dean really has this guy on his radar screen?

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Jwm1986

I think we might have Phil Kessel on our team by the start of training camp...could be an unbelievable player for us for years to come

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
OldGreatWestern

umm yeah... DL really needs to bring in a Left wing. If a signing or trade isnt made who are our options? ... Moller, Purcell?

Frolov - Kopitar - Williams
?????? - Stoll - Brown

If that is filled by Moller or Purcell (neither left wings) it seems like we would be a man short on the third line as well.

Can you imagine if any of our top 6 forwards were to get injured. We are already stretching it. We would be completely screwed. We really just do not have any depth up front. Get on top of it Dean your BLOWING IT.

I could see Clowe or Stum. Would love Hartnell though.

OldGreatWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:24 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

no love for Kovalchuk?

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
From ESPN about Kovalev:
One would think Los Angeles would be a fit given that the Kings struck out on Gaborik and Havlat. Sure, they signed blueliner Rob Scuderi on Thursday, but here's a young and talented team screaming for a big-name addition up front. But as of late afternoon Thursday, the Kings had still not touched based with the Kovalev camp and another source told ESPN.com the team was not interested in Kovalev's services.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauspaint View Post
no love for Kovalchuk?
Last time I checked, he was signed to another team. He would cost way too much in assets for DL to make a trade.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
From ESPN about Kovalev:
One would think Los Angeles would be a fit given that the Kings struck out on Gaborik and Havlat. Sure, they signed blueliner Rob Scuderi on Thursday, but here's a young and talented team screaming for a big-name addition up front. But as of late afternoon Thursday, the Kings had still not touched based with the Kovalev camp and another source told ESPN.com the team was not interested in Kovalev's services.
maybe they found out he wants 4+ years with NMC or NTC...

Old
07-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
From ESPN about Kovalev:
Well cross him off the list.

Old
07-02-2009, 06:31 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
From ESPN about Kovalev:
It all comes down to a good attitude, consistency and being a team player. Kovalev does not fit any of these.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Cheechoo?

Old
07-02-2009, 06:35 PM
ukyo

I think Sturm and Tanguay are the best combinations of good fit and cost to acquire. Gagne will probably be the best fit but will be expensive resource wise. I'm also still holding out hope that we can get Cheechoo out of San Jose.

Hossa was my Option A. That's clearly out the window. Time to come to terms with looking at Options B and C.

With regards to Heatley, I can't imagine that his value has gone UP. Anybody that was still in the running is probably saying ok, we don't have to beat that Edmonton offer anymore. We'll see if there is any more interest over the next couple days, but clearly nobody has stepped up further after both the bonus deadline and the start of free agency.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
I think Sturm and Tanguay are the best combinations of good fit and cost to acquire. Gagne will probably be the best fit but will be expensive resource wise. I'm also still holding out hope that we can get Cheechoo out of San Jose.

Hossa was my Option A. That's clearly out the window. Time to come to terms with looking at Options B and C.

With regards to Heatley, I can't imagine that his value has gone UP. Anybody that was still in the running is probably saying ok, we don't have to beat that Edmonton offer anymore. We'll see if there is any more interest over the next couple days, but clearly nobody has stepped up further after both the bonus deadline and the start of free agency.
Ottawa is playing stubborn. Philly does not have a lot of wing depth past Gagne and Hartnell. Gagne also has a NTC I believe.

Old
07-02-2009, 06:49 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Last time I checked, he was signed to another team. He would cost way too much in assets for DL to make a trade.
I don't know much about DL's history other than what he has done with Kings but has he ever made a big trade in his career?

Old
07-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Youngblood93

Rick Nash

Rumor has it that (TSN) Nash was upset about the contract extension CBJ offered him. It was only 5 years and Nash thought he'd get a lest 10. I believe he will be a UFA next July. If this report is true, 5 years off is a lot and most players and teams would not like to negotiate during the season. To distracting. He's 25, 6'4 218lbs. He is exactly what this team needs. I am not saying we wait for next July because the odds of big names coming to LA are not that good in July.

Say DL were agree on a trade for Nash and be able to talk about an extension of 10-12 years at 70-85 million. I would start a package with Johnson and Moller. What would you have to add to this package for Nash and would you do it?

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Rumor has it that (TSN) Nash was upset about the contract extension CBJ offered him. It was only 5 years and Nash thought he'd get a lest 10. I believe he will be a UFA next July. If this report is true, 5 years off is a lot and most players and teams would not like to negotiate during the season. To distracting. He's 25, 6'4 218lbs. He is exactly what this team needs. I am not saying we wait for next July because the odds of big names coming to LA are not that good in July.

Say DL were agree on a trade for Nash and be able to talk about an extension of 10-12 years at 70-85 million. I would start a package with Johnson and Moller. What would you have to add to this package for Nash and would you do it?
That was the Jackets first low-ball offer. It will get done eventually.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
That was the Jackets first low-ball offer. It will get done eventually.
very low

Old
07-02-2009, 07:28 PM
R0CKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
One of Kopitar, Doughty, or Schenn and a 1st round pick or 2.

A trade for him would be STEEEP.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Youngblood93

Any interest in Afenginov? (Spelling)

Maybe he needs a change of scenery.

Old
07-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreatWestern View Post
umm yeah... DL really needs to bring in a Left wing. If a signing or trade isnt made who are our options? ... Moller, Purcell?

?????? - Stoll - Brown

If that is filled by Moller or Purcell (neither left wings) it seems like we would be a man short on the third line as well.

Can you imagine if any of our top 6 forwards were to get injured. We are already stretching it. We would be completely screwed. We really just do not have any depth up front. Get on top of it Dean your BLOWING IT.

I could see Clowe or Stum. Would love Hartnell though.
don 't wanna kill some visions here.........
but there is a Teddy Purcell and most likely he will have that Spot

it's more like

Purcell - ??? - Brown

I don't see Stoll can carry that 2nd line role...... even Handzus
problem is how to fix it... i think Lombardi will start Stoll and give Schenn a tryout... propably we see a miracle like Quick

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Shellz

What about Versteeg? He is a LW.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote