HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

winners/losers/and the left out, first 24h.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Grannys

vCash: 500
winners/losers/and the left out, first 24h.

Who were the obvious winners, losers and the totally left out on day one of the free agent frenzy? What do you guys think? List yours!!

Heres are some of mine:
(homer pick) Calgary -Win, got on to the rush faster than other teams could say "canada day", added JayBo

Rangers - Win, unloaded salary but then took on some also. Gave the team a good jolt which is good. If Gabby gets hurt on day one, this might be a loose.

Tampa - Win, Adding a Swedish elite defenseive veteran to mentor the next super power defense man.

Montreal - Win, Some questionable moves but overall Gainey gave the team a good facelift and gave the team a new core.

Chicago - Win, man of man did they make a splash by adding Hossa to an already powerful forward punch.

Toronto - Lose, unable to bring in any big guns, Burke was left in the dust. But small moves are key also and this loose can turn into a win, lets see.

Vancouver - Lose, signed the ginger bread sisters before anyone could touch them but lost Ohund, same team so far as last but minus a big D man.

Minnesota - Lose, 50/50 on this one, Lost their injury man but added another (lately less) injury man.

Oilers - Lose, and this aint necessarily their fault. We all know the story. Dany is a giant ****.

No where to be found:

Sabres: Where are they?
San Jose: Might not need any or have room to sign but after the dust settles might wheel and deal.
LA: Relying on their young future I guess.
Dallas: Thought Joe was going to do something but...
Colorado: Anyone there?

Last edited by Grannys: 07-02-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
TeamSeals

How does Minnesota lose? We replace Gaborik with Havlat (both similar talents and similar injury risks) for $2.5 million less and added Zanon to a decent contract. Both are really solid moves by Fletcher and definitely makes us a better team then 24 hours ago.

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
Who were the obvious winners, losers and the totally left out on day one of the free agent frenzy? What do you guys think?

Heres are some of mine:
(homer pick) Calgary -Win, got on to the rush faster than other teams could say "canada day", added JayBo

Rangers - Win, unloaded salary but then took on some also. Gave the team a good jolt which is good. If Gabby gets hurt on day one, this might be a loose.

Tampa - Win, Adding a Swedish elite defenseive veteran to mentor the next super power defense man.

Montreal - Win, Some questionable moves but overall Gainey gave the team a good facelift and gave the team a new core.

Chicago - Win, man of man did they make a splash by adding Hossa to an already powerful forward punch.

Toronto - Loose, unable to bring in any big guns, Burke was left in the dust. But small moves are key also and this loose can turn into a win, lets see.

Vancouver - Loose, signed the ginger bread sisters before anyone could touch them but lost Ohund, same team so far as last but minus a big D man.

Minnesota - Loose, 50/50 on this one, Lost their injury man but added another (lately less) injury man.

Oilers - Loose, and this aint necessarily their fault. We all know the story. Dany is a giant ****.

No where to be found:

San Jose: Might not need any or have room to sign but after the dust settles might wheel and deal.
Joe really ****ed up in the first 24 hrs

Colorado signed Craig Anderson. They needed to address their goaltending and i think they did.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
kfernandes29

Quote:
Who were the obvious winners, losers and the totally left out on day one of the free agent frenzy? What do you guys think?

Heres are some of mine:

Toronto - Loose, unable to bring in any big guns, Burke was left in the dust. But small moves are key also and this loose can turn into a win, lets see.

Vancouver - Loose, signed the ginger bread sisters before anyone could touch them but lost Ohund, same team so far as last but minus a big D man.

Minnesota - Loose, 50/50 on this one, Lost their injury man but added another (lately less) injury man.

Oilers - Loose, and this aint necessarily their fault. We all know the story. Dany is a giant ****.

No where to be found:

Screw all the LOOSE LOSERS!

kfernandes29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSeals View Post
How does Minnesota lose? We replace Gaborik with Havlat (both similar talents and similar injury risks) for $2.5 million less and added Zanon to a decent contract. Both are really solid moves by Fletcher and definitely makes us a better team then 24 hours ago.
Exactly. Will put similar points, if not more, than Gaborik due to him being less injured, and on a 2.5mil cheaper contract.

Then, we add Greg Zanon, an underrated D-man for a good price.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
KGpens

Why is the Leafs signing Komisarek not considered a big move?

KGpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
SkullSplitter

this thread =

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfernandes29 View Post
Screw all the LOOSE LOSERS!
That's what I was kind of thinking....

Anywho, I'll take the Wild loosing even though I liked but didn't no love what they did day one.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
ldnk

I'm really confused how the Leafs lost. They picked up a solid top 4 defenseman, a desperately needed fighter, and another 2nd pairing defenseman who brings a lot of toughness.

The Leafs are rebuilding, not trying to win the Cup next year. But I guess you are just playing a little loose with the wins and looses.

ldnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
this thread =
How so?? Im more interested in other peoples opinions on the matter, just listed mine for fun.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Exactly. Will put similar points, if not more, than Gaborik due to him being less injured, and on a 2.5mil cheaper contract.

Then, we add Greg Zanon, an underrated D-man for a good price.
I don't want to sound like an arrogant Wild fan who thinks we had the greatest day ever yesterday but to say we lost is ridiculous. At worst we are neutral from where we started the day and realistically we are improved a little bit.

Old
07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Hale Dawerchuk

The biggest losers to me are Ottawa (overpaid for Neil, and on the hook while that moron Heatley leaves 'em twisting).

The oddest collection of signing was Montreal... they swapped out skill-for-skill, and didn't get any bigger. Heck, last year's Leafs had them on the run on occasion. (This year's games are going to look like Nintendo Ice Hockey, with three little guys against a medium guy and two fat guys.)

As for my hometown Leafs, they've shuffled the deck and, I assume, have bought some room on the ice for their few skill guys. I don't think they're going anywhere in the standings, but they're better positioned to move forward.

Hale Dawerchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
KDizzle

The Canucks signed Aaron Rome.
He's the next Lidstrom... more than plenty to replace the old, slow Ohlund...

(in case you missed it )

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Bullrun

all i know is that the first youtube video of havlat I watched was him putting up 2 goals at the saddledome....

so thats a super win for wild fans...

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Would you care to make a friendly wager on this? Vcash? Avatars?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I really don't know what my team will look like next year. We've lost...

- Brian Gionta (Montreal)
- John Madden (Chicago)
- Bobby Holik (retirement)
- Shanahan (is still a UFA... is he gonna sign with the Devils, who knows)

It's not over but I don't see Lou signing anyone "important" and will probably go with rookies like Bergfors, Halishchuk, Pelley and possibly Cormier. I rather have alot of cap space to resign guys like Parise, Zajac and Martin long term and still have some wiggle room to add another player via trade.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:58 AM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Would you care to make a friendly wager on this? Vcash? Avatars?
I think we can both agree that the player who will have more points is the one who stays healthy and I don't like the odds of both of them staying healthy. If they both miraculously stay healthy I would say Havlat will have around 80 points and Gaborik will have around 85 points.

Old
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
crazyforhockey

Cgy won because they improved the speed of their defence maybe at some cost to offence but itis minor to the advantages.

Van sideways so far.....Ohlund was to be gone anyways replaced with a puck moving defencman(elite)that hasnt happened so far...they do have some good young prospects making the team-fianlly something up the pipeline.Sedins signed to a bargin price.

Chi wow it looks like they are the early favorites for the west.....Will be solid...but their goaltending-Huet-not sure on him...BUt the biggest proplem for Chi is they could win this year but will lose pieces next year-cap related.At least they can get good draft picks for the guys they trade going into draft time next year.Good trade off if they win the cup.

Big winners the teams left with cap and a solid core....so many teams will be unable to sign rfa's this year or next so some sweet deals in trades could happen for the patient teams

Mtl ? small but skilled maybe more constient??

Edm ????

crazyforhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
FlaPanthers7

Panthers = LOOSERS for trying to sell the fan base that Ville Koistinen is the heir apparent to Bouwmeester and for not making any other FA signings.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Tripod

Loser was Marty Biron...guess he shouldn't have asked Phlly for 4-5 mill.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
canuckfromtoronto

Vancouver loses, we lost Ohlund (expected) and do nothing by way of UFA's other than the Sedins, our top 6 is brutal

canuckfromtoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:17 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Vancouver does not lose for the lose of Ohland--worst kept secret from the wet coast was that he was on the slow boar to china from the team

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Okposofan21

islanders: lose...73 games in '09-'10

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Devsfan309

How does New York win? They just unloaded salary which was good for them, but they just took on even more salary. They also have to re-sign Callahan, Dubinsky, and Betts with barley any money left..... Also though, they should of gave up either Rosival, Redden, or drury instead of gomez b/c gomez would actually get a talented winger who can put the puck in the net. I think they took up too much salary with the Gaborik and Brashear signings and traded the wrong guy...

Devsfan309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Nash

Quote:
Who were the obvious winners, losers and the totally left out on day one of the free agent frenzy? What do you guys think? List yours!!

Heres are some of mine:

Vancouver - Lose, signed the ginger bread sisters before anyone could touch them but lost Ohund, same team so far as last but minus a big D man.
I can understand you are jacked at getting Jaybo, who I thought was the best defenseman out there, but are you forgetting that you also lost your top goal scorer? Losing Cammalleri hurts the Flames way more than losing Ohlund hurts the Canucks. Aucoin is gone for you now also.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote