HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did everyone forget about Anisimov?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
  #51
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Not as big of an issue as it might seem, not a lot of people have the speed to keep up with him. I don't think Dubinsky has the speed to keep up with him either. Chances are Gaborik is going to carry the puck. If you give him a faster LW and AA is the 3rd man in, in the high slot it works. We won't know until they play together in camp and I am sure they will experiment. But either way Dubinsky or AA will be sufficient.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
  #52
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
He's just as viable as Dubinsky... Dubinsky played with Jagr his rookie season. AA also had a more impressive time in Hartford that Dubinsky at the same age. 81 pts in 80 games at age 20, as opposed to Dubinsky's 43 in 71 at the same age. At 19 Anisimov had 43 pts in 74 games. I think they are on par with each other, slight edge to Anisimov in the offense category.

Check out this gem. Nice goal.


No, he's not as viable as Dubinsky because he hasn't played two seasons on garden ice. I don't care what their splits where as prospects in hartford, you can't manufacture bright lights, intensive media, and brutal fans in hartford. There are ways to develop prospects and then there are ways to crush them.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:41 PM
  #53
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
No, he's not as viable as Dubinsky because he hasn't played two seasons on garden ice. I don't care what their splits where as prospects in hartford, you can't manufacture bright lights, intensive media, and brutal fans in hartford. There are ways to develop prospects and then there are ways to crush them.
Yeah if you assume he is a weak individual. Dubinsky isn't a robot, he had to deal with the same **** his rookie season and did fine. They are both viable options IMO, all those things you say are going to affect him don't disappear if you play on the 2nd or 3rd line either. He doesn't live in a bubble and if he handles camp well and the coaches deem him a viable option to center the 1st line then he will.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:15 PM
  #54
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
You don't think there's a difference between being a rookie getting 14 minutes on the third line and being a rookie centering the new $7.5M winger getting 22 minutes a night?

If there's some kind of ridiculous chemistry between anisimov and gaborik, the so be it. But he really shouldn't be an option. Weak individual? We've all seen more than a few strong willed veterans crushed by the garden lights, why would you assume that it can't happen to a young kid who is rushed?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:20 PM
  #55
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
You don't think there's a difference between being a rookie getting 14 minutes on the third line and being a rookie centering the new $7.5M winger getting 22 minutes a night?

If there's some kind of ridiculous chemistry between anisimov and gaborik, the so be it. But he really shouldn't be an option. Weak individual? We've all seen more than a few strong willed veterans crushed by the garden lights, why would you assume that it can't happen to a young kid who is rushed?
I didn't assume it couldn't happen but obviously I am playing the optimist while you take the role of pessimistic Ranger fan #15390, Dubinsky didn't have ridiculous chemistry with Jagr, and all I am saying is it's possible. Where do you get that they are rushing Anisimov? I think he is ready now.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:42 PM
  #56
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
I didn't assume it couldn't happen but obviously I am playing the optimist while you take the role of pessimistic Ranger fan #15390, Dubinsky didn't have ridiculous chemistry with Jagr, and all I am saying is it's possible. Where do you get that they are rushing Anisimov? I think he is ready now.
I'm not being pessimistic, I've just seen a lot of prospects (and a lot of disappointed fans.) I want him on this team next year, I just want him on the third line. That would not be rushing him, putting him on the first line and giving him the keys to the kingdom out of the gate would be.

The longer you watch hockey and follow prospects the more you realize that you need to back down your expectations at least %25 or you're going to be disappointed a lot. It's just not that easy to make the jump, and the risks of too much to soon are high. Personally, I think expecting a 21 year old rookie to solve the first line center problem is madness.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
  #57
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I'm not being pessimistic, I've just seen a lot of prospects (and a lot of disappointed fans.) I want him on this team next year, I just want him on the third line. That would not be rushing him, putting him on the first line and giving him the keys to the kingdom out of the gate would be.

The longer you watch hockey and follow prospects the more you realize that you need to back down your expectations at least %25 or you're going to be disappointed a lot. It's just not that easy to make the jump, and the risks of too much to soon are high. Personally, I think expecting a 21 year old rookie to solve the first line center problem is madness.
I'm not saying it is going to happen, but none of us expected it to happen with Dubinsky either. I fully understand the concept of not rushing a player. However if the coaching staff determines he can play on the 1st then I don't think it would hurt him. It can be said that some players strive under the extra pressure of performing in the spot light. Nothing I have seen from AA makes me gun shy about giving him a little responsibility. If he makes the team out of camp they will most likely experiment with him in several situations during. Obviously the coaching staff knows more than we do.

I am personally of the belief that he could handle the pressure much like Dubinsky did, he's been in NA for awhile now. I am not saying he will be put in that situation, just simply that I have faith in him as a prospect. My expectations are not overblown for him either. I see him as a 3rd line C this year with the potential to do more. That's all, he is a good piece to have on the team.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
  #58
cmdevisser
Registered User
 
cmdevisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chesapeake, Va
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
How many Rangers prospects have had 81 points in the AHL as a 20 year old? Do you realize how big of a deal that is. He was the only skater in the top 10 in AHL scoring under the age of 24.

That's f***ing huge.

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:50 PM
  #59
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I'm not being pessimistic, I've just seen a lot of prospects (and a lot of disappointed fans.) I want him on this team next year, I just want him on the third line. That would not be rushing him, putting him on the first line and giving him the keys to the kingdom out of the gate would be.

The longer you watch hockey and follow prospects the more you realize that you need to back down your expectations at least %25 or you're going to be disappointed a lot. It's just not that easy to make the jump, and the risks of too much to soon are high. Personally, I think expecting a 21 year old rookie to solve the first line center problem is madness.
Assuming AA makes the team out of camp (which I think is a high probability) I would have to expect he will start on the 3rd line. Torts moves guys up or down and provides more ice time for good performance. Unless Artem lights it up in camp and shows great chemistry with Gaborik, there's no reason not to start him as 3rd line pivot. Let him work his way up and earn more responsibility over time...no need to throw him into the fire on day 1.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:59 PM
  #60
Duponttime*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
I seriously doubt with the Rangers wanting size up front that he won't make the team. My guess is Drury will play wing and take faceoffs when needed. Anisimov will probably go the Callahan and Dubinsky route in that it will take him a couple of years to start figuring out their offensive game at the NHL level.

As of now the only forwards we have that are a lock are Gaborik, Higgins, Dubinsky, Callahan, Zherdev, Avery, Drury and Korpikoski. I think Korpikoski is a lock because of his ability to play the PK as well as his conditioning which Torts puts a premium on.

So that leaves 4 forward roster spots available. I don't expect Zherdev to be here if the right deal presents itself. I also don't expect Brasher to play in more than 50% of the games this year. He's worthless.

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 07:17 PM
  #61
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,673
vCash: 500
I don't think anyone forgot about Anisimov, but as everyone else has said he's a rookie. He's only played one NHL game if I'm not mistaken, and he didn't hurt the team, but he certainly wasn't the best player on the ice. Being defensively responsible and putting up a few points here and there makes a good rookie. Having the ability to center a force like Gaborik is a lot to ask, thats the kind of rookie that is few and very, very far between. I'm sure that as camp goes on Torts will see what's what and assign everyone to the roles that they best fit. However I do agree that signing a 1st line center at this point is ridiculous because none of the available players are nearly good enough to be worth keeping Dubinski away from the position, Koivu included. Hopefully Sather will finally let a free agency period end on a high note.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 01:50 PM
  #62
ebn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
I remember when Rangers signed Drury and Gomez they had Cullen as the third line center. They ended up trading Cullen and Dubinsky played third line center with Callahan and Prucha that year. Eventually Dubinsky ended up with Jagr by the end of the year and playoffs and did well. Anisimov needs the same thing from his rookie year. Unlike Anisimov Dubinsky didn't have the numbers Anisimov had. Anisimov obliterated the AHL last season as a 20 year old. Now he is a year older and needs to play third line center not first in the NHL. Put him with Zherdev who is also russian and a veteran and see what they can do.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
  #63
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,673
vCash: 500
I agree that putting him on a line with zherdev might work out well. Zherdev is a beast when he's on his game, but that hasn't happened very often since he became a Ranger. Perhaps pairing him with Anisimov could be good, as they could both us a big season to prove their worth. Plus, I wouldn't say that Zherdev has really meshed well with any of the other centers yet.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 01:35 AM
  #64
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Is he gritty?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.