HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tell Mess Goodbye

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 04:02 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Tell Mess Goodbye

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/21934.htm

Old
03-28-2004, 10:35 AM
vbox81

Go tell it on the mountain, Brother Brooks.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:58 PM
LondonFan

What did you expect? The trade deadline has passed, what else would LB have to write about?

Old
03-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Brooks has been covering this team for years and every year he gets less and less access to inside information and every year his work involves an ever increasing amount of fiction and speculation.

The guy is probably one of the least respected reporters in the business. One reason teams plant more leaks than ever is because of guys like him.

Brooks hasn't had access to inside information with this team in at least two years. Everything he reports is already "known" to many insiders before he gets it.

We used to call him the termite.

I read his articles more for comic relief than anything else at this point.

Old
03-28-2004, 05:00 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Brooks has been covering this team for years and every year he gets less and less access to inside information and every year his work involves an ever increasing amount of fiction and speculation.

The guy is probably one of the least respected reporters in the business. One reason teams plant more leaks than ever is because of guys like him.

Brooks hasn't had access to inside information with this team in at least two years. Everything he reports is already "known" to many insiders before he gets it.

We used to call him the termite.

I read his articles more for comic relief than anything else at this point.

not totally disagreeing with you edge, but he did know before anyone about sather stepping down as head coach! maybe nitpicking but you get my drift! i think he writes more as a fan than any writer does!

Old
03-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
not totally disagreeing with you edge, but he did know before anyone about sather stepping down as head coach! maybe nitpicking but you get my drift! i think he writes more as a fan than any writer does!
I agree, but I love what he writes. I think he is the best hockey writer, and he always comes up with great, funny stuff.

Old
03-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Sather stepping down wasn't a huge secret.

And there's more to being a journalist than being funny.

The guy has like 5 law suits going against him at the moment for his "crack reporting".

Old
03-28-2004, 07:39 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
and also the carter trade last year which came from no where... to the general "public" of course...

Old
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Personally I like the quote someone at the NHL's central office had the best when someone asked about Brooks:

"He's our version of Geraldo".

Old
03-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
and also the carter trade last year which came from no where... to the general "public" of course...
Wow the Carter trade too. Holy Cow, Brooks is such a good writer I mean I can't decide if he is Woodward or Bernstein?

Come on these boards are filled with really smart rangers fans i just find it surprising anybody gives what brooks says a second thought.

Old
03-29-2004, 01:09 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
There's always John Delllapina

I like those articles from the Journal-News that King posts. They're usually long and interesting. You don't necessarily need a scoop if what you write is deep and insightful.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:13 AM
vbox81

Sometimes (only sometimes) its good to have someone who write what everyone is thinking. Since I don't have Sather or Dolan's phone number/e-mail address/home address and I don't have a public outlet, I appreciate Brooks' writing what I'm thinking.

If he didn't write for me, would Melrose be the most scathing Ranger-hater? God know Brooks is much more moderated (and Melrose hasn't spoken a word of truth since.... since.... GET A HAIRCUT!)

Closed Thread