HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov-O'Byrne

Old
07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Markov-O'Byrne

Markov practically devoloped Komisarek on his own, turned him in a defensive beast in the very same way O'Byrne with a little confidence can be. With his skating, a defensive coach and a 6'5 230 pound frame, playinh with Markov would do him tons of good and help us forget Komi in no time.

Thoughts?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Hmmm, it's an interesting concept. I think that we should be worrying more about putting together the best possible pairings rather than developing O'Byrne. Try it in pre-season, if they play well together than go for it with the bonus of helping O'Byrne's development, if not, don't push it.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

If O'Byrne can pick up is game, it could work...O'Byrne can skate and he can hit...but I'm not sure he can be consistent enough to play with Markov. It's hard to say because he's one of the player who once showed good things, but who faded away last year. Which player will we have next year? That's the key...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Mustafa*

I'd prefer OB to developpe with Hamr since it would mean less responsabilities and less icetime, take some pressur off him.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Kman777

I think Gorges is a better candidate.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I'd prefer OB to developpe with Hamr since it would mean less responsabilities and less icetime, take some pressur off him.
You think there's less pressure playing with Hammer? 1st off, Hmarlik should be the one playing with one of Subban or Weber so that HE can consentrate on his defensive game, not the other way around. It's not really about devoloping O'Byrne as it is beneficiating both him and Markov. O'Byrne can and could deliver the hits with Markov on the other side, not to mention he's a much better fighter then Komisarek when the time is needed.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You think there's less pressure playing with Hammer? 1st off, Hmarlik should be the one playing with one of Subban or Weber so that HE can consentrate on his defensive game, not the other way around. It's not really about devoloping O'Byrne as it is beneficiating both him and Markov. O'Byrne can and could deliver the hits with Markov on the other side, not to mention he's a much better fighter then Komisarek when the time is needed.
O'Byrne taking the first pairing minutes and responsabilities??? Haven't you watch last season? he was a liability.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Habruti!

I like Obyrne, I actually think he will develop into a better player then Komisarek. He has much better offensive flair but he needs to properly coached to make sure his confidence is high. If I recall Georges was not a whole lot better few years ago and developed into a fine Dmen.

To me Hamerlik - Spacek is a natural fit.
Georges, Gill is also a natural fit if Georges outplays Suban, Carle and Webber which is not a guaranty. That leaves Markov on the first pairing, I am hoping that either Obyrne or one of the young guys will make there ways to the first Dmen pairing.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
O'Byrne taking the first pairing minutes and responsabilities??? Haven't you watch last season? he was a liability.
He's 1 year older, his confidence issues are gone with last season and we will probably have a new defensmen coach. Komisarek was nothing more then a n.6 before he played with Markov too.

Old
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Komisarek struggled horribly in his first few seasons. Give O'Byrne a chance, I think he can be better then komisarek in the sense where he has better mobility

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Markov practically devoloped Komisarek on his own, turned him in a defensive beast in the very same way O'Byrne with a little confidence can be. With his skating, a defensive coach and a 6'5 230 pound frame, playinh with Markov would do him tons of good and help us forget Komi in no time.

Thoughts?
I think it's worth a look.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Hammer and O'bryne as the 3rd pairing would be ok I guess...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
King Of The World

O'Bryne has the potential to become a beast considering his size. He just need's to improve his skating and on ice vision + decision making.

Reports out there say Breezer is pondering retirement and thinking of becoming our defensive coach. I honestly wouldn't mind that....I actually would welcome it

King Of The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Captain Saku

O'Byrne should not play more than 15 mins a game. Let him play those 15 mins with Markov but pair Markov with another one for the remaining of ice time. If it turns out well, then O'Byrne can play the whole game with Markov.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
JayBee*

Obyrne plays scared. His confidence is shot and Montreal is not the place for a young kid with a fragile ego. He's the type of guy who will floorish on another team.

I really don't see him making the jump in Montreal.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
O'Byrne should not play more than 15 mins a game. Let him play those 15 mins with Markov but pair Markov with another one for the remaining of ice time. If it turns out well, then O'Byrne can play the whole game with Markov.
Lol it's not working like that...Markov would have to adjust his play for 2 teammates in the same game ? Each game?

Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

I prefer Markov - Subban

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
He's 1 year older, his confidence issues are gone with last season and we will probably have a new defensmen coach. Komisarek was nothing more then a n.6 before he played with Markov too.
So during the summer he goes from the 635th best player in the league to a top pairing d-men? I'd like that to happen, i'm one of his fans, but that's completly unrealistic.

Old
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
snoozy

I dont think that would be that bad. Obyrne is a better skater than Komi and I think last year was just the sophmore slump like all players get. I say lets see in the practices and pre games and see..if not...then we can play webber or subban. I agree Spacek and Hammer is a great fit. Then we can play Gill and Gorges along with on of the other rookies switching. We are alot better in defense as we have alot more options now..IF the rookies show alot of promise.

I mean we can not be that much woirst without Breeze by there. He is good...just not the speed or mobility to have what his mind is telling him to do. I also would not mind a Joel Bouchard as a defense coach. This guy breaks down the plays and is fantastic showing people what to do and not do

snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Mustafa*

During the season things may change.

Old
07-02-2009, 08:17 PM
le_sean

O'Byrne is bad. Just doesn't think the game at all. He's a 7th defenceman, no more. In no way should he ever be paired with our top defender.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:18 PM
not quite yoda

Markov will play against the other teams' best forwards. Is that who we want O'byrne against?

Markov's duo will get the most ice time. Is that what we want for O'byrne's duo?

The answers to both these questions are no.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:19 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
I think Gorges is a better candidate.
I'm 90% sure that's what it'll be. Markov - Gorges. They played great together last season, and gorges is a bit more skilled offensively than Komisarek was.

Subban would also be interesting with Markov.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
I'm 90% sure that's what it'll be. Markov - Gorges. They played great together last season, and gorges is a bit more skilled offensively than Komisarek was.

Subban would also be interesting with Markov.

It would already be nice if Suban could manage to make the team this year...

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:30 PM
snoozy

Guys..how about this????? Lets do a 3 way trade or what Boston did with Hackett awhile back. Let some team get Kaberle..then we can trade Pleks, Metro, D'ago + picks. We then have Sk play the second line center and sign AK27 for cheap. Then have Stewart or Chips play fourth line center. There we will have are #2 D man and also piss off Burke in the process..kills 2 birds with one stone..LOL

snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote