HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov-O'Byrne

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2009, 03:04 PM
  #51
Basszor
Registered User
 
Basszor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
O'Byrne taking the first pairing minutes and responsabilities??? Haven't you watch last season? he was a liability.
Alot of the young players were a liability last year. I think we should at least give him a chance, like we should to the Kost plek ect

Basszor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 05:18 PM
  #52
habsrock76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
O'Byrne just needs to get his confidence back and play regularily instead of once every 4 or 5 games. He has all the tools to be a top shut d-man in this league, size, wheels and he can actually chuck the knuckles if need be.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 05:23 PM
  #53
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Spacek will play with Markov. Gorges with Gill, and Weber/Obyrne/Subban, etc. with Hammer.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
  #54
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
He needs to lose the visor. I don't know why but I always picture big, hard hitting defenseman without a visor. That's just me.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
  #55
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
I'm amazed at the number of people here who thinks O'Byrne can log top minutes here...

Do you have a kind of short-term memory loss or something?

Even if he vastly improves over last year (not difficult), he's still light-years away from being able to play with Markov.

It took a long time for Komisarek to be able to do that and he was much more talented than O'Byrne.

It's Spacek or Gorges that will play with Markov (I would have wish for Beauchemin, but what the hell)...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
  #56
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboys99 View Post
He needs to lose the visor. I don't know why but I always picture big, hard hitting defenseman without a visor. That's just me.
Hey Don, didn't know you were a fan of HF...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
  #57
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Hey Don, didn't know you were a fan of HF...
Well now you know.


Last edited by theboss*: 07-03-2009 at 05:52 PM.
theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 06:13 PM
  #58
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'm amazed at the number of people here who thinks O'Byrne can log top minutes here...

Do you have a kind of short-term memory loss or something?

Even if he vastly improves over last year (not difficult), he's still light-years away from being able to play with Markov.

It took a long time for Komisarek to be able to do that and he was much more talented than O'Byrne.

It's Spacek or Gorges that will play with Markov (I would have wish for Beauchemin, but what the hell)...
I think it's you who has long-term memory lost, in fact you're just acting like day to day emotional Habs fan. Komisarek at O'Byrne's age wasn't where he is right now. 2 years ago O'by way very physical and was getting better and better until his freak accident in his 2nd fight of the game againts the Panthers, last season he started off on the wrong side and just went downhill. There's no reason why with a new team direction, a new coach, hopefully a new defensive coach and a partner like Markov that O'byrne couldn't take care of the defensive game in the way Komi did, he hits just as strong as is an as good skater. His problem was just confidence.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 06:26 PM
  #59
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I think it's you who has long-term memory lost, in fact you're just acting like day to day emotional Habs fan. Komisarek at O'Byrne's age wasn't where he is right now. 2 years ago O'by way very physical and was getting better and better until his freak accident in his 2nd fight of the game againts the Panthers, last season he started off on the wrong side and just went downhill. There's no reason why with a new team direction, a new coach, hopefully a new defensive coach and a partner like Markov that O'byrne couldn't take care of the defensive game in the way Komi did, he hits just as strong as is an as good skater. His problem was just confidence.
HF has gone down hill really fast these days, it's unbelievable... another personnal attack.. what's wrong

As for your argument, well, it's your opinion. Because even before his injury, he wasn't as good as you make him. Certainly not good enough to be Markov's sidekick.

If he is, we're in deep ****.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.