HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Developmental Camp July 10th-12th

Old
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
In the past they've done full on "GAME's" as a scrimmage, meaning 2 teams (dark vs light), 3 full 20 min periods w/ breaks inbetween to zamboni the ice, etc. Those were usually during the 'rookie' camps, if I remember usually in September.

During development camp, what they called a 'game', was more like 2 x 20 min periods w/o a real break and they intermixed the kids at times to see kinda who played well with who ... it's better than 'drills', but not really a "scrimmage game".

If that helps. ... I'm sure more info will be posted during the camp, and you can figure out if it's worth going after day 1 ... the Final day is usually the best day to go IMO, and most likely to see them play something close to a 'game'.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
I'm always shocked so many people seem to have never been, so here's all the info ...

http://www.toyotasportscenter.com/
TOYOTA SPORTS CENTER
555 NORTH NASH STREET
EL SEGUNDO, CA
(310) 535-4510

MAP

* NOTE - Keep in mind Nash is a one-way street, exit north of.

Parking has always been FREE, and there's an open lot and a covered lot next to it, arrive early especially if there's a scrimmage, because while plentiful the parking does fill up.

The practice's have also always been FREE, there's 2 ice rinks {1-NHL & 1-Olympic sized}, and one outdoor roller rink. Sometimes they split the groups into 2 squads and use both ice rinks, if you're watching one rink, you can't see the other.

The main NHL rink has bleachers, and as stated, it's wooden bench seating, so bring an ass cushion if you need.

Upstairs, there's additional area's to hang out and view the action, a Full snack bar making up burgers, dogs, pizza, etc. including the infamous overpriced Beer and a Team LA pro shop.

In the recent past, the scrimmages and/or rookie games depending upon when they're held, weekend or evening, can be ticketed events, meaning you needed to either grab tics at TSC before, or get there early enough before the event to make sure you got in. Sometimes they have charged a small amount {like $10 I think it was?} for the closing practice scrimmage / or rookie games vs (Ducks/Sharks/Yotes) rookies.
Quick note - Nash is NO LONGER a one-way street. They spent some time doing construction there last year & it is now two-way. (And having driven on it going the way you couldn't previously go when I went to the GM meeting a few weeks ago, I can personally attest to this)

Sybil227 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Ah thanks Sybil, wasn't aware of that change.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 12:01 PM
DaAnimal

My main question is How likely is it that B Schenn will make it to the Kings roster?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 12:07 PM
treize_kushrenada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
My main question is How likely is it that B Schenn will make it to the Kings roster?
not likely at all.. maybe 10% or less.. Brandon is hosting the Memorial Cup this year and im positive that DL wants him to play in the WJC.. maybe if he really had an outstanding camp then maybe, just maybe the Kings would let him play 9 games before sending him back. next season is a totally different story..

treize_kushrenada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Efrenm1431

thx a lot for the info guys. i did know about this place before this but im hesistant to go there because i got a ticket around here. i will try to go one of the 3 days.

Efrenm1431 is offline   Reply With Quote