HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hows Der Pock-Meister Looking?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2004, 04:05 AM
  #1
st_roland
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BUSH CONTRY-Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Hows Der Pock-Meister Looking?

I was contemplating picking up thomas pock in the later rounds of a fantasy draft. How has he played so far?

st_roland is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 07:53 AM
  #2
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Pock is getting rave reviews, but unless it's a pretty big draft, I doubt I would draft him. There's no guarantee he'll be in the lineup consistently next year or the year after.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:45 AM
  #3
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Pock is getting rave reviews, but unless it's a pretty big draft, I doubt I would draft him. There's no guarantee he'll be in the lineup consistently next year or the year after.
wha???? that just makes no sense at all?

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:46 AM
  #4
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Are you suggesting there is a guarantee that Pock will be a full-time player next year? That seems awfully bold and ambitious.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:52 AM
  #5
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Are you suggesting there is a guarantee that Pock will be a full-time player next year? That seems awfully bold and ambitious.
well how do you mean drafted? he's signed to a professional contract, not a try out? he's on the rangers now and he much better than purinton and bouchard! i don't think he's going anywhere away the rangers as of right now, but i would like to say i'd pencil him in to next years line-up too!

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 11:59 AM
  #6
28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
well how do you mean drafted? he's signed to a professional contract, not a try out? he's on the rangers now and he much better than purinton and bouchard! i don't think he's going anywhere away the rangers as of right now, but i would like to say i'd pencil him in to next years line-up too!

FANTASY draft.

28 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 01:18 PM
  #7
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
well how do you mean drafted? he's signed to a professional contract, not a try out? he's on the rangers now and he much better than purinton and bouchard! i don't think he's going anywhere away the rangers as of right now, but i would like to say i'd pencil him in to next years line-up too!
Don't forget, he'll have to compete with Kasper, Kondratiev, perhaps Baranka and any vets we may or may not sign for next season, though.

007 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 01:34 PM
  #8
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
you are assuming its a 1 year league which i doubt is the case.. pock is a good risk pick

in the hall is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 04:58 PM
  #9
Safir*
 
Safir*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Turkmenistan
Posts: 13,959
vCash: 500
How would you best describe Pck's defensive game? I mean is he liability like Poti. You get the point.

Safir* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 05:14 PM
  #10
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
How would you best describe Pck's defensive game? I mean is he liability like Poti. You get the point.
not at all... there are few in the league that are as much of a liability as poti

honestly i think its more a myth because he used to be a forward so people nitpick.. what is most impressive is his positioning, he is not overly physical but knows where to go and is smart with the puck and with his stick (unlike poti he knows more then poke checking)... i think the only detractor other then his not very physical defense, is he seems to pinch too much something poti does but that is their game.. i suppose we are spoiled by leetch

in the hall is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 06:16 PM
  #11
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Are you suggesting there is a guarantee that Pock will be a full-time player next year? That seems awfully bold and ambitious.
what are u talking about they wouldnt have signed the kid for no reason if he aint in next year it will be the year after, pock and tyutin are something to build around with nyrs defense. he is a talent and looks very good coming straight from college ... where do u get your views from?????

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 06:25 PM
  #12
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Don't forget, he'll have to compete with Kasper, Kondratiev, perhaps Baranka and any vets we may or may not sign for next season, though.
baranka ( dont even count himm we are monmths away from the draft )???? kondartiev???? they are pretty good prospects... pock coming form college looks very good and steady, not nervous looks like a proffesional he belongs to stay and play in Ny i see him and tyutin our top player s on d "d" pock i think will turn out out ok. anyone got any comparisoons who they think he can turn out to be similar to???? i would say, hmmmm cant think of any names off my head but i would say a 50 point d man same for tyutin

pock- rachunek
kasparitis- tyutin
sean hill (would like to see him here )-lampman/ kondartiev, rather see lampman

we need some north american players in our lineup

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 11:25 PM
  #13
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
baranka ( dont even count himm we are monmths away from the draft )???? kondartiev???? they are pretty good prospects... pock coming form college looks very good and steady, not nervous looks like a proffesional he belongs to stay and play in Ny i see him and tyutin our top player s on d "d" pock i think will turn out out ok. anyone got any comparisoons who they think he can turn out to be similar to???? i would say, hmmmm cant think of any names off my head but i would say a 50 point d man same for tyutin

pock- rachunek
kasparitis- tyutin
sean hill (would like to see him here )-lampman/ kondartiev, rather see lampman

we need some north american players in our lineup
Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that Poeck will have competition with other the d-men not playing right now who will be trying for a spot on the opening-night roster. Baranka, probably not yet, but Kondratiev, based on everything I've read, should be ready. I like Poeck very much, he's played very well thus far. I don't think he's played enough NHL games to start calling him a top-2 d-man already, though.

Then again, it doesn't look like the Rangers will have any top-2 d-men next year. Personally, I'd be like to see Tyutin on the top pairing, because he's a guy I'm think will be a top-2 d-man. (but if Poeck fits there, too, more's the better). I think Tyutin could see 50 points per season, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it, because I think he's the type of player who'd clean up defensively before looking for offence (though he'll definitely chip in). That's what I really like about him.


Last edited by 007: 03-29-2004 at 11:29 PM.
007 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.