Sutter is a better coach than GM

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Flames 1st pick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
Hey, Bravos and Huzzahs and all that for Coach Sutter (when he hasn't delegated responsibilities to his underlings which seems to be a regular occurance). Rah Rah and and all that. I remain unimpressed however.

blah blah blah

I see that you are missing Button the clown....lol

In case you are too dense to get it. Sutter is 10 times the GM Button was.

His ability as a GM got the Flames in the playoff this year. Period.

What matter the most is when the team need a deal. He did it.

Kipprusof, Nilsson, Simon, Ville all helped at crucial time.

Button never gave the team a chance.

Thanks Daryl!!!

Old
03-31-2004, 12:12 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
And only thus. Can't see the Promised Land from here.
Your promised land includes the likes of Jamie McLennan and Blair Betts? You've been a Blackhawks fan too long.

Old
03-31-2004, 12:16 AM
Hitman*

I think way too many people are being too hard on Craig Button here. He did afterall get us Jordan Leopold (our leading scorer on D) and provided us with some of our best youngins (Kobasew, Lombardi, Taratukin, Krahn etc.)

Just bash BR.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:23 AM
CaramonFLM

If BR really wants a response he can see how quickly his "trolling" will get him Banned on Calgarypuck.com, not to mention how much verbal abuse he would take for the **** thats coming out of his mouth.

Old
03-31-2004, 05:58 AM
ForeignFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonFLM
If BR really wants a response he can see how quickly his "trolling" will get him Banned on Calgarypuck.com, not to mention how much verbal abuse he would take for the **** thats coming out of his mouth.
I thought it was coming out of his keyboard.

:lol (love these new smilies!!!)

Old
03-31-2004, 08:47 AM
feff

vCash: 350
Send a message via Yahoo to feff
What's really rich is the fact that BR is actually defending and almost PRAISING Peter Buzek in another thread on this page (too lazy to post).

With that, all cred has been lost. Now that the name Dowbiggen attached it's unclaimable.

Re Button. Made some good deals, but mostly was asleep at the switch. Never gonna forgive him for getting rid of St. Louis. 219 in the dome was a fan of his, and there was a row of us pissed to see him go...

Old
03-31-2004, 10:11 AM
feff

vCash: 350
Send a message via Yahoo to feff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Then people should simply discuss his arguments on merit as you have chosen to do
or ignore them.

There's no need for personal attacks as others have chosen to do, and they won't be tolerated.
So then we should let a guy who has only baited entire legions of fans over a rather long period of time.

I just don't get it. Let me know when you see this guy for what he really is. To me the fact that he's allowed to post this garbage is a total joke.

What would you do to me if I went on the Canucks board and just told them all that, really, their team is a piece of crap because of this and that (random irrational reasons) and that the Naslund trade was bogus?

Just thought I'd ask.

Old
04-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Zhackpot

Quote:
Hey, Bravos and Huzzahs and all that for Coach Sutter (when he hasn't delegated responsibilities to his underlings which seems to be a regular occurance). Rah Rah and and all that. I remain unimpressed however.

Man, he got swiped on the Drury deal. Steve Reinprecht was damaged goods from the get-go and Rhett Warrener, while effective nonetheless so far, was deemed expendable in Buffalo due to his injury history and his boulevardiér off-ice demeanor. Remember the two-way contract offer?

The Simon, Kiprusoff and Nilson deals are equally brutal. None address the long-term future of the organization (let's pretend this is a possibility).

Sutter hasn't done anything more than a makeshift patch-over on this squad. It may spell short-term semi-success, but in giving away the future, Sutter has certainly set himself up for moderate success. And only thus. Can't see the Promised Land from here.
Most successful coaches, business leaders, etc, have capable people they can delegate too. To suggest that is not good coaching or leadership is plan idiocy.

Why keep a guy like Drury in Calgary when it was obvious he didn't want to be here? Flames definitely didn't need another cancer or distraction in the dressing room. If healthy Reinprecht was on pace to put up similar number of points as Drury has. Warrener has definitely done all he was asked to do on the blueline and with the defence corps. A lot of rumblings this season in Buffalo that they shouldn't have gotten rid of Warrener.

The Simon deal was strictly a playoff move and if they can keep him he will be a positive player for the Flames, he obviously opens up room for Iginla.

How the hell is the Kiprusoff deal a bad one? 3rd rounder for a goalie who has proven himself this season. Flames have wasted first rounders on goalies who have done nothing (Kidd) so this was the equivalent of drafting an NHL ready goalie.

Nilson is a good young player and again without a true farm system in place the Flames can only develop so many young players and let's face it without a playoff appearance this season the Flames may not have been in Calgary much longer, so again another good trade and Nilson's value has risen since arriving so he will be worth more than what Sutter paid for him if he is moved.

You state that Sutter has set himself up for moderate success. Isn't that better than the lack of success the Flames have had the previous 7 seasons?

Gotta start somewhere.

Old
04-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

I've come up with a new nickname for BR that I think is more appropriate.

Trollbiggen.

Old
04-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Badger Bob

He's been awfully quiet the past couple of days. He must be seething over the clinched playoff spot, and is waiting for just the right opportunity to come rain on the parade.

Old
04-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

No, I think he's pissed about being outted and his relation to a certain no-mind yellow journalist.

Old
04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
xxIn_Flamesxx

banned

My guess is that he got a ban for a short period of time. My remarks got me a 48 hour ban so i was unable to watch the magic number twinkle down to 0. I was pretty mad that the moderators chose to do that to me. I think this board needs a new set of moderators because if BR can come on here and say BS like "sutter has done a temperary patch up" then i should be able to call him on it and point out how much of a moron he is. just my two cents but ill probably get another ban.

Old
04-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxIn_Flamesxx
My guess is that he got a ban for a short period of time. My remarks got me a 48 hour ban so i was unable to watch the magic number twinkle down to 0. I was pretty mad that the moderators chose to do that to me. I think this board needs a new set of moderators because if BR can come on here and say BS like "sutter has done a temperary patch up" then i should be able to call him on it and point out how much of a moron he is. just my two cents but ill probably get another ban.
Yes, BR has been making a lot of asinine posts lately. The best way to counter is by facts and logic. You could also choose to ignore it. The other choice is to continue posting profanity, after being advised privately not to do it.

If the decision had been left up to me, you would've been gone permanently. (BTW, it was the adminstrator who issued the ban.) BR at least has a track record of posting threads worthy of discussion. What have you ever done to elevate the quality of threads here? Your complaints won't do much to ingratiate you to the powers-that-be.

Last edited by Badger Bob: 04-02-2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old
05-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Hehe, this thread could use a bump...

Old
05-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
It may spell short-term semi-success, but in giving away the future, Sutter has certainly set himself up for moderate success. Can't see the Promised Land from here.
If the "Promised Land" is 4 games away from the Cup... open your eyes.

If "Moderate Success" is the Stanley Cup Finals... Oiler fans would take that.

How anyone can be critical of Sutter this year is beyond me. GM of the year wouldn't be wasted on him and he's done one of the best coaching jobs this year too.

I didn't read the rest of this thread because I was too stunned by post#1.

Congrats CGY fans, it's been a long time coming.

Old
05-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Yeah BR's trolling is pretty clear in retrospect eh? What a tool that guy is.

Closed Thread