HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade thought

Old
07-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Trade thought

Hey boys, over from the Oilers board. Don't ask me WHY THE **** I thought of this, and then followed it up with a thread on your board but whatever! Do you guys think Corey Crawford is the answer long term in net? If NOT, then may I propose this trade: Jack Skille for Josh Harding.

Don't know if Harding has been mentioned here but IMO he's the perfect guy for your team. Fits right in with the age, has put up pretty good numbers in limited time for the Wild, likely wouldn't cost starter type money (1.5? 2 at the most). And with Hossa locked down for the next DOZEN years, I'm thinking Skille is expendable despite the giant steps he's taken (I thought for sure Tallon would just leave that roster spot open for him next season and save the cap space). What are your thoughts?

Also a side note that you've likely heard a ton this season: So pumped to see the Hawks back in the elite! Great team to watch, the league is so much better when the Hawks matter. You guys that have stuck through it deserve it and more!

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Gardebut30

If that's all it took to get Harding, I'd do it. I also think he'd be a great fit here as well, but I believe Harding has more value than that.

On the other hand, while Skille's value seems to have dropped, especially around here, I still think he's a decent player with good potential. Who could've known at this time last year that Versteeg would break out like he did and be a Calder candidate? Not saying he'll pull a Versteeg, but some players just take a little longer to develop.

All in all, though, I'd definitely do this swap.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:34 AM
massivegoonery

Sold.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Ironic. LOL I was JUST going to start a "I want Josh Harding" thread.

I'll tell you what...I'd be all about acquiring that kid and a pick for one of Niemi, or Crawford...along with Versteeg or Barker.

Create some cap space, address a need...

I just think I'd be much more comfortable with Harding stepping in between the pipes in the even of a Huey Kablooie...than I would Crawford or Niemi.

Usually, I'm all about giving your organizational depth a chance to succeed at the next level...which Skille, Crawford, Niemi etc haven't had a chance to do. However...we seem to be built for the hear and now...and in that instance...having someone like Harding over the two backups we have now...is a more appealing option to me.

My heart's still fluttering over Hossa and Madden...but I have to be honest...getting Harding would excite me more than either of those two.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Since this thread is generically titled "trade thought"...I'm going to throw something else out there.

Los Angeles was real quiet when all the FA's hit the market, and still have need for scoring at the wing. They're also ridiculously stocked prospect-wise. I wouldn't mind sending them Versteeg and Barker, to get Ersberg,Teubert, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Whether Jack Johnson pans out in LA or not...this would give them some stability while the rest of that sweet defensive prospect pool of Voinov, Hickey, Doughty etc. continue to develop. They also have a ton of goaltenders in Quick, Bernier, Zatkoff etc...so they can afford to move a goalie.

Old
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
I wouldn't mind sending them Versteeg and Barker, to get Ersberg,Teubert, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
That's horrible.

Old
07-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Retail1LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
That's horrible.
What would you want out of LA for that combination? Sometimes you have to take a little bit less back when you're dumping salary.

I don't object or disrespect your opinion in anyway...but in the future...when you offer your opinion like that...please provide what you feel a fair alternative...so I can see how far I off I was when you make the assessment of "horrible".

Old
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Retail1LO

Not only that...but much like what's happening with Heatley right now...when the rest of league knows you're under the gun...you have to imagine they're going to put the screws to you and you're not always going to get what you think you should. The potential exists, anyway.

Old
07-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback guys! I just think Harding's value is lowered with the Avs and my Oilers having filled there vacancy's, the Leafs likely to land Gustafsson, and just about everyone else in the league having filled there starters role's. The only teams that I think make sense are either you guys or the Wings because at least then while he wouldn't be the starter he would be the guy of the future and get 35-40 starts this season. I love Skille, I think Minny would love a guy like Skille who has the ability to step in and score 20-25 for them this season, he would fit in with what Fletcher is trying to build there.

Old
07-05-2009, 09:58 AM
fourstringninja

I think after destroying us with that 56ish save performance last year, I think all fans would want Harding as a backup.

Sadly, we dont have the cash to go around. That, and they seem a bit bi-polar on the 'Niemi v. Crawford' issue.

fourstringninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 10:30 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
What would you want out of LA for that combination? Sometimes you have to take a little bit less back when you're dumping salary.

I don't object or disrespect your opinion in anyway...but in the future...when you offer your opinion like that...please provide what you feel a fair alternative...so I can see how far I off I was when you make the assessment of "horrible".
Ersberg is meh and Teubert is worse than meh. I really have no desire for either of those guys.

I don't think there's any need to dump salary at the moment. If they want Barker and Versteeg, they can try and sign them to an offer sheet.

Old
07-06-2009, 11:07 AM
khawk20

Harding is good, but the Hawks seem committed to going with either Niemi or Crawford for a year backing up Huet. thus, no point in taking on Harding right now.

khawk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
Hey boys, over from the Oilers board. Don't ask me WHY THE **** I thought of this, and then followed it up with a thread on your board but whatever! Do you guys think Corey Crawford is the answer long term in net? If NOT, then may I propose this trade: Jack Skille for Josh Harding.

Don't know if Harding has been mentioned here but IMO he's the perfect guy for your team. Fits right in with the age, has put up pretty good numbers in limited time for the Wild, likely wouldn't cost starter type money (1.5? 2 at the most). And with Hossa locked down for the next DOZEN years, I'm thinking Skille is expendable despite the giant steps he's taken (I thought for sure Tallon would just leave that roster spot open for him next season and save the cap space). What are your thoughts?

Also a side note that you've likely heard a ton this season: So pumped to see the Hawks back in the elite! Great team to watch, the league is so much better when the Hawks matter. You guys that have stuck through it deserve it and more!
Ari - could you let me know what you consider to ba a "giant" steps he's taken? AFAIK - he's looking like a marginal 3rd liner who has wheels but not the compete level necessary to be more than a complementary player. Just wondering if someone has seen something that I'm missing?

And I agree that Harding would be a GREAT fit. I just have a hard time thinking the Hawks could afford to pay Harding "market" value to be the back-up in CHI. I think he'd be great getting 25+ starts a year to keep Huet fresh.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Ari - could you let me know what you consider to ba a "giant" steps he's taken? AFAIK - he's looking like a marginal 3rd liner who has wheels but not the compete level necessary to be more than a complementary player. Just wondering if someone has seen something that I'm missing?
Well, maybe GIANT steps was a bit over the top, but the kid has looked great down on the farm from everything I've heard. Yes, right now he would likely only be a 3rd line guy, but IMO so did Bolland. Now Bolland is reminding me A LOT of a guy from our team...Shawn Horcoff (just don't give him a ridiculous contract!) Always been a big fan of Skille though.

Old
07-18-2009, 12:13 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
Always been a big fan of Skille though.
hah. I didn't think anyone was a big fan of Skille.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote