HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Arbitration Filings

Old
07-03-2009, 10:05 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Arbitration Filings

Post here for players or teams filing for arbitration:

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009..._ville_le.html

Jiri Hudler:

Quote:
Restricted free agent Jiri Hudler plans on filing for arbitration before the weekend. At that point, the Wings can choose whether the arbitrator should decide on a one-year or two-year deal. Hudler, 25, who made $1.15 million last season, will see his salary increase anywhere from the $2.5 million the Wings are offering to possibly an award in the $3.5-million to $4-million range. If the Wings don't like the arbitrator's number, they can trade Hudler.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
Clarke Macarthur

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/arti...4530477271.txt

Quote:
Regier said the Sabres have tendered some qualifying offers to their restricted free agents. He specifically mentioned defenseman Andrej Sekera and forwards Clarke MacArthur, Mark Mancari and Drew Stafford. MacArthur is heading to arbitration, he said.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Reddawg

Did the arbitration rules change? I remember when the Sabres went to an arbitrator with JP Dumont, then decided not to give him the deal he was awarded. If I recall correctly, this made him a UFA who could sign with anyone.

I only ask because I don't understand the note in the Hudler article about the Wings being able to trade him if they don't like the number attached to him.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 10:36 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
Did the arbitration rules change? I remember when the Sabres went to an arbitrator with JP Dumont, then decided not to give him the deal he was awarded. If I recall correctly, this made him a UFA who could sign with anyone.

I only ask because I don't understand the note in the Hudler article about the Wings being able to trade him if they don't like the number attached to him.
Well the team can accept the terms of the deal...and decide to trade him....compared to walking away from the terms and getting nothing in return.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:00 AM
jmwc95

Hudler should take the $2.5MM. That's how much Backes makes, and he scored 8 more goals (but 3 fewer points). They are the same age and both had their breakout year this season. There is no way he gets more than $3MM/yr.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:04 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
Hudler should take the $2.5MM. That's how much Backes makes, and he scored 8 more goals (but 3 fewer points). They are the same age and both had their breakout year this season. There is no way he gets more than $3MM/yr.
Backes was coming off a 13G-31pt season when Vancouver gave him what than seemed like a ridiculous offer-sheet of 7.5M for 3 years. St.Louis were forced to match, and that was the end of that.

Hudler is coming off a 23G-57pt season for his contract season, he deserves a fair bit more than 2.5M.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Blatherblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Backes was coming off a 13G-31pt season when Vancouver gave him what than seemed like a ridiculous offer-sheet of 7.5M for 3 years. St.Louis were forced to match, and that was the end of that.

Hudler is coming off a 23G-57pt season for his contract season, he deserves a fair bit more than 2.5M.
Yep Hudler's got a pretty good case. Improved every year, very durable and solid playoff performer.

Blatherblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Blatherblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatherblah View Post
Yep Hudler's got a pretty good case. Improved every year, very durable and solid playoff performer.
Also, my guess is they may look at Filppula, who had worse stats last year and got 15m/5 yrs

Old
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Well the team can accept the terms of the deal...and decide to trade him....compared to walking away from the terms and getting nothing in return.
They also get 10 days to trade him before giving their decision on whether or not to accept. In Dumont's case, everyone knew the Sabres weren't going to accept a big ruling, and just bided their time.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Kencaid

Quote:
Also, my guess is they may look at Filppula, who had worse stats last year and got 15m/5 yrs
i agree, and Grabo's signing with the leafs will also help his case. Grabo had less goals and less points and got almost 3M.

I don't think he will get 3.5 as Krejci got 3.75, but I could see him getting 3.25....which is a lot more than 2.5

Last edited by Kencaid: 07-06-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: typo
Kencaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 12:46 PM
FissionFire

Clowe's 3.5M signing should push Hudler's potential award down a bit now to maybe the 2.9-3.1M range.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Pyke*

I wouldn't mind Ottawa offering him an RFA offer sheet.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

I would expect ice time to be taken into consideration here. 57 points while playing only 13 mins a night is pretty sick. Wings of course will fight back with weak playoff performance.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Blatherblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
That's not possible once a player files for arb

Old
07-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Tra La La

Ryan Callahan is eligible for arbitration.

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...tml?id=1753525

As is Matt Hunwick

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s_with_bruins/

And Tomas Plekanec

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/s...tml?id=1753525

Wellwood and O'Brien (eligible)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...man-aaron-rome

Fehr, Gordon, Morrisonn, Jurcina, Pinizzotto and Wilson have salary arbitration rights

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062903767.html

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

You all have to remember the roles of Filppula and Huds on the team. Hudler is good for us, I really want him to stay, but he is more or less a role player. Filppula is a centerman, and a good one at that, and he has shown up huge the last couple of playoffs. Hudler had a mediocre postseason, a bit less than desirable for me.

Nonetheless, he did great all season, and I'm expecting him to get ~$3 million. I just hope Kenny keeps him.

Zetsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:51 PM
solo16

Quote:
Hasnt been anything official that he has filed. Only that he intends to file. I am sure he will look at any offers before he may have before filing.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
I thought he just intended to file"?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Blatherblah

Quote:
I thought he just intended to file"?
Yeah you're right sorry. Then yeah he'll definitely be weighing the offers against his chances in arb. Unless the offer blows him away though (I'm assuming he wants to stay in Detroit), he'll probably go with arb.

Old
07-03-2009, 04:37 PM
detredWINgs

Booth is 24 and had 60 points, and got an average of 4.25M, so that certainly doesnt help Detroits case.

But Kenny will trade him if he gets too much. Thats the short and long of it. The Wings cant afford to give Huds more than 2.5

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
Pretty hard to say that looking at the contract that Graboski just signed ($2.9M x 3 years).

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 06:03 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsyuk View Post
You all have to remember the roles of Filppula and Huds on the team. Hudler is good for us, I really want him to stay, but he is more or less a role player. Filppula is a centerman, and a good one at that, and he has shown up huge the last couple of playoffs. Hudler had a mediocre postseason, a bit less than desirable for me.

Nonetheless, he did great all season, and I'm expecting him to get ~$3 million. I just hope Kenny keeps him.
Arbiters don't take those things into account. And if I'm not mistaken, they can't compare his value to 1) UFA signings or 2) RFA signings in the past year.

They look at his stats relevant to the team, and they look at other RFA signings within the year. They can't judge based on "intangibles".

Considering Hudler's strong point is simply putting up numbers, hes got a good case. Although Im betting Holland either 1) Works out a deal with him before the hearing; or 2) Trades him.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Never liked Hudler.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Blatherblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Arbiters don't take those things into account. And if I'm not mistaken, they can't compare his value to 1) UFA signings or 2) RFA signings in the past year.

They look at his stats relevant to the team, and they look at other RFA signings within the year. They can't judge based on "intangibles".

Considering Hudler's strong point is simply putting up numbers, hes got a good case. Although Im betting Holland either 1) Works out a deal with him before the hearing; or 2) Trades him.
They look at other comparable RFA salaries, that is players who signed in an arbitration-eligible year. I think shorter term contracts (since they're deciding 1 or 2 year deals) and more recent contracts (since it's supposed to be market based) are preferred.

Old
07-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
If Hudler files for arbitration an offer sheet cannot be tendered.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote