HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to Washington

Old
07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
I think you severely over rate Heatley. as in a player that publicly states he doesn't want to be there.

In exchange you want one of the top goalie prospects in the AHL who just took his team to the calder cup in Neuvirth, by most accounts a stud dman who is both very young and very cheap in Carlson, a borderline bust winger in Fehr and our 1st?

The problem with your proposal is you're asking the CAPS to give up a significant future return for a guy they don't 100% need right now.

Gossermer. I have many questions about your trade proposal but what makes you think Heatley would waive his NTC twice?

Green, Carlson, Semin and Neuvirth don't get traded without a significant salary reduction on the CAPS end and a significant return on top of it.
Uhm... I think you significantly overrate prospects.

Fehr is a bust. Neuvirth is #3 on the Caps depth chart, and in any case, Ottawa has Leclaire, Elliot, Auld ahead of him for sure, and Glass and Lehner in the system. We don't need Neuvirth.

Carlson is meh. He might develop, he might not.

I don't want Capital scraps for a 50g scorer. I rather leave him on our roster.

Penner, for all he might be overpaid, is a 30g scorer. Cogliano has speed to burn and is at worst a 3rd liner. Smid is a roster defenseman.

Your proposal is nowhere near that. Stop being a homer for Washington players.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Uhm... I think you significantly overrate prospects.

Fehr is a bust. Neuvirth is #3 on the Caps depth chart, and in any case, Ottawa has Leclaire, Elliot, Auld ahead of him for sure, and Glass and Lehner in the system. We don't need Neuvirth.

Carlson is meh. He might develop, he might not.

I don't want Capital scraps for a 50g scorer. I rather leave him on our roster.

Penner, for all he might be overpaid, is a 30g scorer. Cogliano has speed to burn and is at worst a 3rd liner. Smid is a roster defenseman.

Your proposal is nowhere near that. Stop being a homer for Washington players.
I made no counter proposal. I'm explaining why the proposal above would be unacceptable to the CAPS.

I'm not over rating anyone. I'm saying we don't NEED what that proposal offers. I am saying that to the CAPS, the prospects that would go the other way are more valuable to us then being totally hamstrung by the Heatley contract.

That's called common sense, not over rating.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:29 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanegan View Post
Nylander's wife might not let him come.
that sounds like a personal problem

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:31 PM
PKV Jungle Friends
Gonna Be a Gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanegan View Post
Nylander's wife might not let him come.
That sounds like a problem all in itself...

PKV Jungle Friends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
that sounds like a personal problem
also a fact. Part of the big war of words that took place when he signed with the CAPS was due to his wife basically saying she didn't want to go to Edmonton.

Old
07-04-2009, 03:34 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
also a fact. Part of the big war of words that took place when he signed with the CAPS was due to his wife basically saying she didn't want to go to Edmonton.
That's a myth that was long ago debunked by Mrs. Nylander herself. She did not have any last minute "I'm not going to Edmonton" moment.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:36 PM
PKV Jungle Friends
Gonna Be a Gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
I guess the Caps will have to settle for Green, Backstrom and Semin along with Ovechkin.
I guess the Pens will have to settle for beating the Caps in the playoffs (again) and winning the Stanley Cup...

In all seriousness, you guys have a hell of a team and we'll be seeing a lot of one another in the playoffs for the next decade. You guys will win sometimes and we'll win sometimes. either way, the Pens-Caps are a good story for hockey and getting more people to care about the sport. That's all that matters.

As far as Heatley to Washington goes, there is no chance it will happen unless either Semin or Backstrom is coming the other way, along with a lot more. The Caps can only pay so many superstars.

PKV Jungle Friends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Taranis_24

Send a message via MSN to Taranis_24
I just don't get it. Why Edmonton, Washington or any other team would give up a lot for Heatley. He gave up on Atlanta because things got tough for him there and then has a so-so season in Ottawa and now wants to give up there too. The guy is talented but seems to quit a lot, imo. The offer from Edmonton I don't see Ottawa getting better than that. I just don't see Washington (Fehr, neuvirth, 1st and Carlson) giving up those kind of assets to acquire him and don't see how Ottawa can really expect that kind of return.

Taranis_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsrule26 View Post
Fehr, Morrisonn and Nylander and a 1st spare parts LOL, they all contributed to a team that was playing after 82 games. They all had decent stats playing in limited roles ie Fehr 2nd and 3rd line had as many points as Penner, Morrisonn better stats than Smid and even Nylander produced 33 pts getting 4th line minuits and as healthy scrath alot of nights. Just cause he didn't fit into BB plans doesn't make him a terrible player. I will be laughing when you finnish in the basement with Heater in the pressbox and Spezza demanding a trade next.
Max Talbot was a nice contributor playing on a team that went further than the second round.

You should trade Ovechkin for him.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Ottawa fans are so bad, seems they do not get Heatley is not a popualr guy around the nhl right now.

And the second deal from Wash, why would you trade Semin for Heatley, they are almost similar in talent and Heatley can be had for cheaper than that

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:44 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

Rather keep a grumpy Heatley.

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 04:47 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Heater to Washington?

So Sens gets back Alzner and more? Seems decent.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:30 PM
jb**

Quote:
guess yo missed the joke then

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by init2winit View Post
Haven't you heard? Alzner is Caps scraps.
Uh, what??

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Some people just need to deal/realize that a lot of teams seem to not be willing to give up a lot of good, young pieces of their future for Heatley (under the current situation). This is probably due to having no idea where the salary cap is going to go in the future and those cheap prospects/players are going to become even more valuable to a team staying competitive consistently and for a long time.
Some people just don't get that Heatley can play in Ottawa this season just fine.

Old
07-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Exactly. Not my opinion, but that's how some young prospects are viewed by others.

I wasn't just talking about you, but I am well aware he can stay put in Ottawa. The whole point of people making trade proposals are to see what he can fetch in return if Ottawa doesn't want to keep him. There is no way Ottawa is going to get fair value for him, so if they trade him it is because they feel they have to. So they are going to have to pick from what is offered and I think Ottawa could do a lot worse than picking up some great top prospects to help them rebuild (from any team, not just Washington). But again personally, I wouldn't give up the young prospects for him because he does not serve a need for the Caps.
Ottawa isn't rebuilding. They're reloading, at best.

Old
07-04-2009, 08:42 PM
EvenStrengthHockey

i would go with the 2nd deal but not the first

EvenStrengthHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 08:47 PM
sensfan83*

Heatley, Auld & Picard for Semin & Alzner

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
guess yo missed the joke then
guess he didn't miss as he does have 6 kids.

Old
07-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Alex28*

**** that Heatley is the last player we need. Volchenkov, though, is quite intriguing.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote