HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Chicago

Old
07-03-2009, 02:59 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Montreal - Chicago

This proposal was done by Koseegin on the Habs board and actually isn't all that bad for either club.

TO CHICAGO
- Ben Maxwell - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=76656
Extremely gifted centre with second line potential. Ignore a lot of his junior stats, he was highly regarded but hurt often. He played the entire season last year though and held up more than fine physically. He posted 58 points in his rookie season in the AHL and earned a cup of coffee to the Canadiens for a 7-game stint. He didn't score any points but didn't get much ice-time with good players.

- Matt D'Agostini - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80171
One of the best shots I've ever seen. D'Ago is tall, has incredible acceleration, and has a decent work ethic. He needs work in the defensive zone, but he's a very good sniper. The thing I like most about D'Ago is his willingness to go to the net.

Here's a few highlights;

- 1st Round Pick in 2010 (though I feel a 2nd rounder is more than fair).

TO MONTREAL
- Patrick Sharp - Gives Montreal another option for a 2nd line centre (or 2nd line winger) if Plekanec is up to task.

- This opens up almost $4M of cap space for Chicago next season for the re-signing of Keith, Toews, and Kane, which should help quite a bit.

EDIT: Also, please don't reply unless you know the guys coming from the Habs organization. If you just see a couple of guys who you don't really know and assume its horrible, I don't want to read it. If you know Maxwell and D'Ago, please post your comments (positive or negative). If you don't, you're reply is pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 07-03-2009 at 03:15 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
This proposal was done by Koseegin on the Habs board and actually isn't all that bad for either club.

TO CHICAGO
- Ben Maxwell - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=76656
Extremely gifted centre with second line potential. Ignore a lot of his junior stats, he was highly regarded but hurt often. He played the entire season last year though and held up more than fine physically. He posted 58 points in his rookie season in the AHL and earned a cup of coffee to the Canadiens for a 7-game stint. He didn't score any points but didn't get much ice-time with good players.

- Matt D'Agostini - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80171
One of the best shots I've ever seen. D'Ago is tall, has incredible acceleration, and has a decent work ethic. He needs work in the defensive zone, but he's a very good sniper. The thing I like most about D'Ago is his willingness to go to the net.

Here's a few highlights;

- 1st Round Pick in 2010 (though I feel a 2nd rounder is more than fair).

TO MONTREAL
- Patrick Sharp - Gives Montreal another option for a 2nd line centre (or 2nd line winger) if Plekanec is up to task.

- This opens up almost $4M of cap space for Chicago next season for the re-signing of Keith, Toews, and Kane, which should help quite a bit.
**** NO!

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:06 PM
LordLucic*

Doing that big a of sell job for D'Agostini just makes you seem desperate.

Now if D'Agostini was switched for D'Agostini it would be a very fair trade.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
**** NO!
You really didn't have to quote the whole post. And seriously, if you're not going to put any debate into the thread, just leave.

Old
LordLucic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post

Now if Pacioretty was switched for D'Agostini it would be a very fair trade.
Woops. Fixed

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
You really didn't have to quote the whole post. And seriously, if you're not going to put any debate into the thread, just leave.
Did you see the proposal? The Hawks get *****

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post

Now if D'Agostini was switched for D'Agostini it would be a very fair trade.
Like I said, it wasn't my proposal. It was another posters on the Habs forum.

D'Agostini is one of my favourite players. He works fairly hard, his shot is incredible, he reads the play well, and he's got a huge reach. His biggest problem, like I mentioned is in the defensive zone, but that may come with maturity.

It's more-so a fact of the Habs having too much available for the Top-6 (Sergei Kostitsyn will likely get slotted in to play with his brother). Then on the Top-9, Latendresse and Lapierre have worked wonders with each other, so Pacioretty is the logical fit because he's decent defensive and fits the style of play.

That leaves D'Agostini for fourth line duty because after last year, he definitely deserves a spot on the club. But at the same time, he's not going to do much playing with the likes of Laraque, Stewart, and Metropolit.

Old
MrSerious

Quote:
Wouldn't really make sense to do this until next off-season.

edit- and even then, **** NO!

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Did you see the proposal? The Hawks get *****
Fair enough, if that's how you feel.

Both Maxwell and D'Ago have the potential to be 60ish point players in the NHL, something similar to Sharp. I know Sharp has leadership qualities and a strong work ethic, but I don't see how top very good prospects (one with considerable NHL experience) and a high draft pick for a very solid 2nd line player is "****ed."

Especially when Chicago is going to be "****ed" when they have 3 incredible players to sign next year and very little cap space. The fact of the matter is, Sharp is the most movable asset the team has that isn't needed as much as the rest.

Dustin is nice but paid WAY to much. He had a good playoffs, but his production is not enough to warrant the cap hit he's got.

Old
07-03-2009, 03:14 PM
CH4

come abroad, Natey, You'll have to endure Beaker, Mcphee and AD instead of this

the proposal isn't that bad; Maxwell is a very valuable asset.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:28 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Lucic View Post
come abroad, Natey, You'll have to endure Beaker, Mcphee and AD instead of this

the proposal isn't that bad; Maxwell is a very valuable asset.
Already am.

Thanks for the reply though. I can't believe people are making it seem like D'Ago and Maxxy are garbage lol

Old
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Flapjack*

Habs strike out not on in offseason Free Agents, nut akward, underwhelming trade proposals that only benefit the Habs.

Doesnt Toronto have anything the Habs like?

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:34 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Habs strike out not on in offseason Free Agents, nut akward, underwhelming trade proposals that only benefit the Habs.

Doesnt Toronto have anything the Habs like?
Seriously.. do you know Maxwell or D'Agostini? If not, GTFO. Thanks.

For example, Sharp (over a full season) was on pace for 13 points as a rookie. D'Agostini on the other hand was on pace for 35 over a full season.

I can't believe for a "Hockeys Future" board, no one knows anything about young players.. lol

PS. This is not to say D'Ago will be better than Sharp, but I see no way he can be labeled as garbage. Most players can only dream of scoring 12 NHL goals, D'Ago did it in 53 games in his first NHL season.

Old
07-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Seriously.. do you know Maxwell or D'Agostini? If not, GTFO. Thanks.

Enough to know Sharp as a return for them is a complete fleecing for the Habs.

Tallon doesnt pick up the phone and erases the voice mail before he hears it.

Old
07-03-2009, 03:43 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Enough to know Sharp as a return for them is a complete fleecing for the Habs.

Tallon doesnt pick up the phone and erases the voice mail before he hears it.
Did you miss the first round draft pick as well in 2010 in his deal? Two solid draft picks, a 1st round draft pick for sharp which also frees up cap space for your team and you guys are acting like he just offered you a 4th round draft pick for sidney crosby.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Did you miss the first round draft pick as well in 2010 in his deal? Two solid draft picks, a 1st round draft pick for sharp which also frees up cap space for your team and you guys are acting like he just offered you a 4th round draft pick for sidney crosby.
Why would the Hawks do this, again?

The Hawks are in "win now" mode, anything less than a comparable player or upgrade, doesnt make sense for them.
Giving up a top line forward doesnt help them, neither does any sort of so called "cap relief" when they are going all in right now, this year.

The only player of interest the Hawks would have would be one of the two goalies on the Habs, and neither are worth Sharp.

Old
07-03-2009, 03:54 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:

The Hawks are in "win now" mode, anything less than a comparable player or upgrade, doesnt make sense for them.
Giving up a top line forward doesnt help them, neither does any sort of so called "cap relief" when they are going all in right now, this year.

The only player of interest the Hawks would have would be one of the two goalies on the Habs, and neither are worth Sharp.
The free'd up space can net you a better defencemen, or forward for a cheeper cap hit short term (if you are trying to win now) while giving you more room to resign next year. Not saying your team would be stronger doing this move, but on the other hand the reactions some of you are making are blown out of proportion. Its not a fleecing by any means. If anything it is a solid trade that just doesn't fit your teams current plans.

Old
07-03-2009, 03:55 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

So win now and potentially lose one of three incredible players next year? The cap is going down next season, we already know that. I'm pretty sure signing Hossa to a 12-year contract was to go "all-in" for the next 4 or 5 years, rather than one year in specific.

I also think D'Ago is ready to produce 50+ points in the NHL, especially with good players. He'd be Top-6 in Montreal, no question in my mind if it wasn't for the likelihood of the brothers playing together.

I wasn't trying to rip you off and you feel this makes you a worse team now, that's fine.

But to rip into the players offered and saying the Hawks get fleeced is absolute ********.

As rookies, D'Agostini had a better season than Sharp. Again, I'm not saying that will be the story of their career, but D'Agostini has a bright future and IMO the potential to score 35 goals with the right centre.

Not to mention D'Ago's cap hit would be minimal. $600Kish for a 1-way contract.

This doesn't even mention Maxwell (our #1 centre prospect, well maybe except Leblanc) or a 1st Round pick.

Old
07-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
The free'd up space can net you a better defencemen, or forward. Not saying your team would be stronger doing this move, but on the other hand the reactions some of you are making are blown out of proportion. Its not a fleecing by any means. If anything it is a solid trade that just doesn't fit your teams current plans.
John McDonough, Hawks team president, said cap space is over rated yesterday.

Your admitting this trade downgrades the Hawks, so, that is why Tallon hangs up the phone, turns to everyone laughing and starts the convo with "Hey guys, getta load of this".

The teams arent good trading partners unless it involes one of the Habs goalies, then it would be interesting trying to predict what it takes and who goes where.

Old
07-03-2009, 04:04 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

Your admitting this trade downgrades the Hawks, so, that is why Tallon hangs up the phone, turns to everyone laughing and starts the convo with "Hey guys, getta load of this".

The teams arent good trading partners unless it involes one of the Habs goalies, then it would be interesting trying to predict what it takes and who goes where.
Cap space is overrated? Tell that to some of the teams who have barely squeezed under.

And he never admitted it downgraded the Hawks, he said it might not make your team stronger.

Neither of us have any idea how D'Agostini would click with Toews and/or Kane. I'd predict no less than 30-goals and 50 points. And acquire the other 3 pieces ($3.3M in cap space, Maxwell, 1st) it looks like a great deal, at least to me. Especially because you could go out and sign a pretty decent defenseman for that money (Ossi Vannanen jumps to mind).

Old
07-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Flapjack*

Quote:
So win now and potentially lose one of three incredible players next year? The cap is going down next season, we already know that. I'm pretty sure signing Hossa to a 12-year contract was to go "all-in" for the next 4 or 5 years, rather than one year in specific.

I also think D'Ago is ready to produce 50+ points in the NHL, especially with good players. He'd be Top-6 in Montreal, no question in my mind if it wasn't for the likelihood of the brothers playing together.

I wasn't trying to rip you off and you feel this makes you a worse team now, that's fine.

But to rip into the players offered and saying the Hawks get fleeced is absolute ********.

As rookies, D'Agostini had a better season than Sharp. Again, I'm not saying that will be the story of their career, but D'Agostini has a bright future and IMO the potential to score 35 goals with the right centre.

Not to mention D'Ago's cap hit would be minimal. $600Kish for a 1-way contract.

This doesn't even mention Maxwell (our #1 centre prospect, well maybe except Leblanc) or a 1st Round pick.

Again, for the umpteenth time, the Hawks wont lose one of TKK unless they want to, its that simple.

The Hawks dont need a featured cog in their team dealt for prospects, no matter what anybody thinks.
If your trading Sharp, your trading for a comparable player who will help this club this year, and neither would do that.

Why would Tallon downgrade?

Old
07-03-2009, 04:06 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:

Looking at your lineup, I really dont think you will be missing sharps 60 points per year at best at 3.9 million a season for the next few years. What I was suggesting was if you did the trade, go after someone with that 3.9 million on a one year deal (instead of sharp longer term and you can try to win now. Then next year you have more room to work. There are plenty of RFA's around 50 points a year that would come cheeper. The 10 points less one one player, is a downgrade but like I said looking at your lineup I really doubt you will have trouble scoring. Your team should be able to light up the league offensively.

Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Again, for the umpteenth time, the Hawks wont lose one of TKK unless they want to, its that simple.

The Hawks dont need a featured cog in their team dealt for prospects, no matter what anybody thinks.
If your trading Sharp, your trading for a comparable player who will help this club this year, and neither would do that.

Why would Tallon downgrade?
D'Agostini wouldn't help the team? I can't agree so obviously this debate is dead to us.

And unless they want to? True, but if they start sending guys to minors to make cap space, especially someone who was recently signed like Cristobal or Dustin, it's going to look horrible for FA's in the future.

Old
Varius

I like D'Agostini and think he could become a solid Top 6 guy in the future, but Maxwell I'm not sold on at all.

That aside however, CHI will keep the team core intact I'd think for this year unless it's a trade to upgrade another position like D with a equal-level player to Sharp. They will worry about who they need to dump next off season.

Aside from that, if they were moving Sharp, I could see many teams being very interested and offering a lot more value than what's proposed here.

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
I like D'Agostini and think he could become a solid Top 6 guy in the future, but Maxwell I'm not sold on at all.

That aside however, CHI will keep the team core intact I'd think for this year unless it's a trade to upgrade another position like D with a equal-level player to Sharp. They will worry about who they need to dump next off season.

Aside from that, if they were moving Sharp, I could see many teams being very interested and offering a lot more value than what's proposed here.
This is a fair reply I can live with. At least he gave decent reasons instead of just jumping over the facts of the Habs prospects.

Ywo very solid prospects and a 1st Round pick is hard to come by for a 60-point player. Sharp is probably one of those guys worth more to the team than on the trade market.