HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Allen Walsh embattles Blackhawks over RFA statuses (NHLPA files grievance)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2009, 12:10 AM
ILuvLucic*

vCash: 500
Why did they wait until the last minute to accomplish such an important task?

Old
07-04-2009, 12:12 AM
DregerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
So instead of me reading through the last 5 pages of stupid bickering, can someone catch me up on the situation? I understand that Chitown may or may not have ****ed up with their RFAs, but I am lost everything after that.
Homer media who is fed by the management and the team says yes, but is that really credible? We all know players don't need to open their mouth and the NHLPA will get this investigated.

If the players ARE eligible for UFA< they will be forced by the union to take it. Right now the Union is trying to get every player the maximum amount of money they're eligible for, and also benefitting other players by doing so. If they somehow can refuse the UFA status that would be a bad precedent fore the rest of the players who aren't as upper-echelon. You can't have that.

This is why a lot of players who would like to sign for low dollars cannot, since it screws everything up when it comes to signing a lower-tier player.

Old
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
What is your source that "regular mail" was used?
This year the deadline was 5pm "New York Time" on 29 June 2009.

So "overnight delivery" would mean delivery the next day - 30 June 2009. Canada Day does not enter into it - unless you make the mistake of sending out the notices by ordinary post which according to the story in the OP is what occurred. However using ordinary post breaches the requirement for how clubs are to deliver notices to players in the off-season.
Quote:
Chicago general manager Dale Tallon says the qualifying offers were mailed to the players in time, on June 29th, but says because of the July 1 holiday, some of the players didn't receive them in time.

Additional sources say qualifying offers are not supposed to be mailed.

Overnight delivery via courier and direct fax to the players agent is preferred and certified or registered mail is acceptable only if the other means are unavailable.
If they were "mailed" on time and sent by overnight delivery as required the Canada day Holiday would have no effect because they would have been delivered on 30 June 2009.

Old
DregerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
This year the deadline was 5pm "New York Time" on 29 June 2009.

So "overnight delivery" would mean delivery the next day - 30 June 2009. Canada Day does not enter into it - unless you make the mistake of sending out the notices by ordinary post which according to the story in the OP is what occurred. However using ordinary post breaches the requirement for how clubs are to deliver notices to players in the off-season.

If they were "mailed" on time and sent by overnight delivery as required the Canada day Holiday would have no effect because they would have been delivered on 30 June 2009.
Exactly.

He could have had them picked up by FedEx anytime before 5 and theyd' be GUARANTEED before a certain time the next day! All BS!

Old
07-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
So instead of me reading through the last 5 pages of stupid bickering, can someone catch me up on the situation? I understand that Chitown may or may not have ****ed up with their RFAs, but I am lost everything after that.
You've already summed up all known information. Everything else is just a pure speculation at this moment.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
And now the panic from those who bet everything on them being found UFAs begins...

Panic? Why?

Based on the scenario as presented, they would have likely been UFA.

If the facts are other than has been reported then any predictions could be voided.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Panic? Why?

Based on the scenario as presented, they would have likely been UFA.

If the facts are other than has been reported then any predictions could be voided.
Because you assumed the scenario "as presented" was what was actually happening.

It was pointed out to you that the source for this was very vague on actual specifics.

Now that the entire situation is collapsing around those of you who were jumping up and down with "UFA UFA!", those of us who tried to point this out are just sitting back and smirking.

It's even more pleasing to see Dregorfan in near meltdown over this as dozens of his posts get invalidated on the spot. Epic fail.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:22 AM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Because you assumed the scenario "as presented" was what was actually happening.

It was pointed out to you that the source for this was very vague on actual specifics.

Now that the entire situation is collapsing around those of you who were jumping up and down with "UFA UFA!", those of us who tried to point this out are just sitting back and smirking.

It's even more pleasing to see Dregorfan in near meltdown over this as dozens of his posts get invalidated on the spot. Epic fail.

Because everyone knows the most logical thing to do is create several alternate scenarios and argue the merits of each individual alternate scenario.

The question was wether or not the scenario as presented would even be an issue - it was determined that it would be by most people who understand basic legal principles and have read the CBA, based on specifics of the scenario.

What's the problem?

Old
07-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Stuy

Sounds like Dreger needs to talk with his source. Hung him out to dry there.

07-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Flapjack*

Dreger looks stupid over this.

Congrats Dreger, for more Twitter followers you just made yourself the new Eklund.

Must have been a slow news day or Dreger didnt get a bonus or something.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
I'll tell you what...in the last year...some people have developed a real bona-fide hate for this team, it's fans, it's management, it's players.... Anything that can be deemed as detrimental to us is nearly grounds for a holiday. LOL

Old
07-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:

Since that was the reported scenario from a media outlet that usually gets the hockey facts right...

The article starts with:
Quote:
Sources tell TSN the NHL and the NHLPA are investigating what might have been an enormous mistake by the Chicago Blackhawks.
At this point the facts are yet to be finally determined so who knows.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregerFan View Post
Naw. I'd just take Barker, trade a very-desirable Stuart contract back home to LA (They'd love him back, DL has a mancrush on him) AND POACH your boy for 4-5, just because we can and we'll have a top 4 that's actually 4 #1s on any team.

How about them apples? You realize the NHLPA is in existence for this very reason right? So the players don't have to open their mouths and the suits can do the heavy lifting. They will take UFA if they get it. And the suits will fight hard.
If Cam Barker is your Number one, or you think he is, you have problems. Im a big fan of his, but he is barley a top 4 on the Hawks, if that. I guess thats what happens when you determine a players value via numbers.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:32 AM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Now the players are saying everything went thru on time, Versteeg, Barker, Eager and Brouwer.

Lock the thread, Dregklund is hilarious.
To be fair, what the hell else are they going to say? "**** yes, I can't wait to get out of this ****hole!!" They're saying the right things and letting people look into it. We'll see what comes of the whole thing in a little while.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Because everyone knows the most logical thing to do is create several alternate scenarios and argue the merits of each individual alternate scenario.
No, everyone knows that when a source that is not citing sufficient evidence or facts, the basis for it should be questioned until more are presented.

Instead, we had every tom, dick, and harry jumping up and down trying to pretend they were lawyers, accountants, or whatever. What they should have pretended to be was critical readers.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
I'll tell you what...in the last year...some people have developed a real bona-fide hate for this team, it's fans, it's management, it's players.... Anything that can be deemed as detrimental to us is nearly grounds for a holiday. LOL
Bah...I can guarantee that the vultures would be circling over any team right now, whether it be the Hawks, Leafs or Thrashers. It's the prospect of getting something for nothing, the team doesn't factor into it.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
To be fair, what the hell else are they going to say? "**** yes, I can't wait to get out of this ****hole!!" They're saying the right things and letting people look into it. We'll see what comes of the whole thing in a little while.
You might be right, but why would the Gm, players and everyone be lying. To try to make Dreger look bad?

Old
07-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Good, I'm so sick of the "Hawks are my second favorite team, after my real favorite!" bandwagoners.

Hatred is good for hockey.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
No, everyone knows that when a source that is not citing sufficient evidence or facts, the basis for it should be questioned until more are presented.

Instead, we had every tom, dick, and harry jumping up and down trying to pretend they were lawyers, accountants, or whatever. What they should have pretended to be was critical readers.
Very well said.

I'd rather though that the league do something to prevent even a possibility of that happening in the future.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Thats the second time today youve started a post like that. Is that you Hank Hill.

Seriously though, youre right.
LMAO

I didn't even realize that. No...not Hank Hill. Hayden McCall. Yeah...I know. Means nothing. Neither does being right most of the time. LOL

Old
07-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
You might be right, but why would the Gm, players and everyone be lying. To try to make Dreger look bad?
Well, SOMEBODY just made Dregor look bad, but it wasn't anyone on the Hawks.

Hopefully he checks his sources better next time.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
LMAO

I didn't even realize that. No...not Hank Hill. Hayden McCall. Yeah...I know. Means nothing. Neither does being right most of the time. LOL
I have a question, not just to you but to everybody, who is the more reliable source, Dreger or Bmac.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Retail1LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Bah...I can guarantee that the vultures would be circling over any team right now, whether it be the Hawks, Leafs or Thrashers. It's the prospect of getting something for nothing, the team doesn't factor into it.
Oh...I know in this instance, the team doesn't matter. I was just speaking in general terms. There are more threads about the speculation of our impending implosion next year, it's retarded. I mean...everyone jumps the gun, making assumptions like they have even a semblance of a clue in regards to what this team will or won't be able to do.

Old
07-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Stuy

Source: Hawks filed proper paperwork

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/chi090704.html

Old
07-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Oh...I know in this instance, the team doesn't matter. I was just speaking in general terms. There are more threads about the speculation of our impending implosion next year, it's retarded. I mean...everyone jumps the gun, making assumptions like they have even a semblance of a clue in regards to what this team will or won't be able to do.
Take it as a compliment. No one seemed to have a hate-on for the team when they sucked. Extrapolate from that what you will...

Closed Thread