HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How big was the point...

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Kluivert4Ever

vCash: 500
How big was the point...

That the Sabres missed out on against the Pens the other night?
If Sabres would have gotten that point they would only be 1 win and an Isles loss away from the playoffs.
Man they must be kicking themsleves for that missed oppertunity, but hopefully they can kick our ***** to give us a chance at the lottery and give them a chance to end the Isles season

Old
03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

oh how great would it be if the isles choke and don't make it. come on sather play 3 on 5 againts buffalo and give the sabres the game.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Janerixon

i can think of a few things we can do to help the sabres

1) call up pushor and rest tyutin
2) mike dunham... you will start
3) i think its time for guys like mcallister to move back to d and he and purinton should get 20-25 minutes of icetime each

i think this could help, however the rangers have a way of showing up when games mean nothing, with that being said we get crushed by the devs tommorrow and find a way to beat the sabres and knock them out of the playoffs

Old
03-29-2004, 10:32 PM
rickyrod

i wonder if all the guys we traded away can come back for this one game...then we'd be sure to lose.

Old
03-29-2004, 11:09 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
i wonder if all the guys we traded away can come back for this one game...then we'd be sure to lose.

Wow Rucinsky, Nedved, Barnaby and Simon have been scoring of late, Imagine if they were scoring while on the Rangers when we were fighting for the playoffs, we would have prolly made it. I think Purinton should play on the PP then wed prolly have a few shorthanded goals against and that would move us closer to top 5 pick.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
i hope its another 6-0 win for buffalo. ill take the sacrifice. BUFF IN! ISLES OUT! PLEASE GOD!

Old
03-30-2004, 12:48 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
i hope its another 6-0 win for buffalo. ill take the sacrifice. BUFF IN! ISLES OUT! PLEASE GOD!
i noticed you keep rooting for the rangers to win, all the power to ya but why???

Old
03-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
i noticed you keep rooting for the rangers to win, all the power to ya but why???
i watch the games night in and night out, since the early 90s. im still a big a fan as ever but now i flip on the game and EXPECT them to lose, and that gets a little tiresome after a while. i need a win here and there to boost my spirits to continue watching. for 7 years its been the same old thing. lots of hope ending in disappointment. maybe its just me but when im watching them get slaughtered 4-0, it really gets me down. in contrast, when its a 2-2 game and Jagr makes one of his insane top corner wristers with 4 guys hanging off him, i cant help but want to see that through to the end. or when one of the new guys nets his first goal, i want to see that as a key piece in a big win. a high pick is important, but so is morale, both for the team and its fans.

im also a sabres fan to a lesser extent, and of course i hate the isles, its a given. its looking bleak for buffalo, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited by Firefly: 03-30-2004 at 01:13 AM.
Old
03-30-2004, 01:36 AM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
[QUOTE=JOrtmeyer41]Wow Rucinsky, Nedved, Barnaby and Simon have been scoring of late, Imagine if they were scoring while on the Rangers when we were fighting for the playoffs, we would have prolly made it.QUOTE]

Rucinsky, Barnaby and Simon were scoring here (Nedved not so much)...it was the bigger names we needed to score...

Old
03-30-2004, 02:10 AM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
2) mike dunham... you will start
LMAO. No matter what, I don't care if your leg fell off. Hey, if it did, that's even better for the Rangers.

The Rangers losing that game is a win-win situation. It gets Buffalo 2 points closer to the Islanders, and it keeps the Rangers in the race for the #5 spot.

BTW, on the subject of that 5th spot. Can the Yotes win ONE freakin game?! HONESTLY. :mad:

Old
03-30-2004, 02:15 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
[QUOTE=RushingRocket]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Wow Rucinsky, Nedved, Barnaby and Simon have been scoring of late, Imagine if they were scoring while on the Rangers when we were fighting for the playoffs, we would have prolly made it.QUOTE]

Rucinsky, Barnaby and Simon were scoring here (Nedved not so much)...it was the bigger names we needed to score...

Yea I realize that, but what Im saying is that they should have all played the same way that they are playing now at the same time.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:34 AM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
LMAO. No matter what, I don't care if your leg fell off. Hey, if it did, that's even better for the Rangers.

The Rangers losing that game is a win-win situation. It gets Buffalo 2 points closer to the Islanders, and it keeps the Rangers in the race for the #5 spot.

BTW, on the subject of that 5th spot. Can the Yotes win ONE freakin game?! HONESTLY. :mad:
Lately poor Vancouver beat them with 40+ shoots, Coyoties averaged 17 or so. With the schedule they have I donīt think the will win at least one :mad: ... maybe Chicaga can lose, but...

Old
03-30-2004, 07:28 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea I realize that, but what Im saying is that they should have all played the same way that they are playing now at the same time.
Matty, Simon, & Rosie DID all play the same way that they are playing right now. You cannot expect to ride those players into the playoffs. All 3 played about as well as NYR fans could have hoped for. As for Nedved, amazing what an actuall system and linemates that make sense can do for you.

Closed Thread