HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Smyth to the Kings for Quincey, Preissing, 5th rounder

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Quattro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Until it can be determined that any NHL players twitter accounts are actually legit, they aren't going to be allowed here.

- T
THANK YOU. Seriously, HF need to seriously consider banning any references to twitter as well as reinstituting the ban on links or references to Eklunds moronic blog.

Old
07-06-2009, 04:07 AM
123slam

Can someone make a pump-up video for the 09-10 season including the new additions to the team? That would be ****ing awesome. (LeftKinger maybe?)

Old
07-06-2009, 07:53 AM
4thliner*

Colorado did well in dumping Ryan Smyth's huge 6.5 per long term contract not because they will need the cap space anytime soon but to rebuild. I can see a team making a push for the cup in the next year or 2 (and living with the tough of overpaying for Smyth badly in 2 years), but LA might not even be a playoff team next year with him in the line up let alone a serous contender. Also it will most likely mean not being able to resign Frolov.

Ryan Smyth is an OLD and getting worn down 34 year old player who's made a living in front of the crease taking a beating. He's 60 pt guy and anyway you slice it 6.5 is way too much cashing in the UFA.

Last edited by 4thliner*: 07-06-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old
07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post

Ryan Smyth is an OLD and getting worn down 34 year old player who's made a living in front of the crease taking a beating. He's 60 pt guy and anyway you slice it 6.5 is way too much cashing in the UFA.
BUT...he's character. He's Captain Canada. He'll be worth it to this young group.

Old
07-06-2009, 10:02 AM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Can someone make a pump-up video for the 09-10 season including the new additions to the team? That would be ****ing awesome. (LeftKinger maybe?)
i think he's now at the point of charging for his services's and rightfully so.

Old
07-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Standing in front of the net in the NEW NHL does not wear you down like it did before th erule changes. I'm so sick of hearing that. It's a completely different thing.

Old
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
THANK YOU. Seriously, HF need to seriously consider banning any references to twitter as well as reinstituting the ban on links or references to Eklunds moronic blog.
If it's a source we can verify as legit (and there are plenty of legit Twitter accounts), they are allowed.

Eklund's rumor mill reports are now consolidated in to their own thread. (Speaking for this forum only.)

- T

Old
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
DaAnimal

Personally, I dont think it was a steal. It was a good pickup. I kinda liked KQ, but oh well.

I don't know too much about Smyth but I know he's fast and loves to crash the net.

The only thing that I was thrilled was the fact we dumped P's contract.

Overall, I thought it was a fair trade but it favored the Kings a little bit more

Old
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

I am rarely judgmental of other poster's opinions so I won't address people directly. I will simply state that anyone who considers this trade for Smyth as anything less than tremendous forward motion for the team that give it both credibility and identity may not understand hockey as a team game and a sport.

Old
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
I've been considering doing one since we signed Smyth. But I'll probably wait til the season gets a bit closer.

Old
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I've been considering doing one since we signed Smyth. But I'll probably wait til the season gets a bit closer.
I'm curious where you (or anyone else who cuts highlite vids on their own time) get your footage? I do a lot of freelance editing and I kind of want to put one together, but I don't have any saved recordings of Kings games to capture. I'm used to editing straight from source material so do you guys who do these videos go through a vcr or dvd recordings or do you just find and download clips from online sources like youtube or from nhl.com or what? Thanks in advance.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I am rarely judgmental of other poster's opinions so I won't address people directly. I will simply state that anyone who considers this trade for Smyth as anything less than tremendous forward motion for the team that give it both credibility and identity may not understand hockey as a team game and a sport.
Great post. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Old
07-08-2009, 02:09 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
What exactly are you trying to say?

Old
07-08-2009, 02:18 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Come on dude, this is tinsel town. Anyone over 30 is a ugly piece of ****.

Old
07-08-2009, 02:33 AM
baxterbarton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
If it's a source we can verify as legit (and there are plenty of legit Twitter accounts), they are allowed.

Eklund's rumor mill reports are now consolidated in to their own thread. (Speaking for this forum only.)

- T
http://twitter.com/NHLplayers

Verifies NHL player's twitter accounts.

Old
07-08-2009, 02:45 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxterbarton View Post

But how can we verify this verifying account?

Old
07-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
But how can we verify this verifying account?
It has to be real. Who the hell would make up a fake Chris McAlpine twitter?

Old
07-08-2009, 05:27 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxterbarton View Post

I don't know how much I can trust that, unless Evgeni Nabokov has an incredible sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni Nabokov
I save special place in my gulag for Brian Boucher. Seriously, 3 goals on 21 shots? Is pathetic!

Old
07-08-2009, 11:13 AM
kynen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I'm curious where you (or anyone else who cuts highlite vids on their own time) get your footage? I do a lot of freelance editing and I kind of want to put one together, but I don't have any saved recordings of Kings games to capture. I'm used to editing straight from source material so do you guys who do these videos go through a vcr or dvd recordings or do you just find and download clips from online sources like youtube or from nhl.com or what? Thanks in advance.
I have the games on my HDD. I got them through torrents and I save them for future use such as vids. I suspect most people use their DVR and then dump them on their computers.

Old
07-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Chruceg

BUMP

I'm bumping this thread because today is the one year anniversary where Lombardi surprised all of us and got the Kings a much needed LW. Remember, all of us were pretty bummed because Hossa, Gaborik, and Havlat had all been signed by other teams. All the Kings had was Scuderi. Dean went off the board and got a great player for what I still think was absolute peanuts.

This is a happy 4th of July reminder that even if the Kings don't get Kovalchuk things are going to happen this off season that will improve the team. We just don't know what they are yet.

(I know technically this deal happened on July 3 but I found out about it on the 4th after a day of heavy boozing.)

Old
07-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
BUMP

I'm bumping this thread because today is the one year anniversary where Lombardi surprised all of us and got the Kings a much needed LW. Remember, all of us were pretty bummed because Hossa, Gaborik, and Havlat had all been signed by other teams. All the Kings had was Scuderi. Dean went off the board and got a great player for what I still think was absolute peanuts.

This is a happy 4th of July reminder that even if the Kings don't get Kovalchuk things are going to happen this off season that will improve the team. We just don't know what they are yet.

(I know technically this deal happened on July 3 but I found out about it on the 4th after a day of heavy boozing.)
Yes!

Peoples need to realize that Lombardi is doing his best to make things happen.

Old
07-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It isn't the one year anniversary yet I just woke up like 3 minutes ago and when I got to my computer, first thing I thought is we traded Ryan Smyth Either way, we are still in on the big fish. Dean already has trades lined up should we fail, so we are getting someone no matter what, so let's keep it in the free agency thread.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Closed Thread