HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boedker to Leafs

Old
07-04-2009, 11:20 AM
daethfromabove1979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Actually, it's been two years. From 2001-2007 former GM Mike Barnett preferred to trade prospects and picks for aging vets. That's why he's out and Maloney is in.
phoenix needs to stop penciling players into their lineup right after being drafted.. boedker could have used another year in the OHL instead of going straight to the big leagues and turris was definitely rushed into the league too, even tikhonov was rushed straight in, i just really don't like how phoenix is developing their talent

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangler Status View Post
It wasn't a proposal I was just wondering if this is the value that Coyotes fans hold to Mikkel Boedker.

In other news my NHL09 line of Boedker Stamkos Voracek had a combined 354 points this season.
Amateur. Toews got 318 by himself.

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Coyotes aren't trading Boedker, Leafs aren't trading Schenn.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:53 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by daethfromabove1979 View Post
phoenix needs to stop penciling players into their lineup right after being drafted.. boedker could have used another year in the OHL instead of going straight to the big leagues and turris was definitely rushed into the league too, even tikhonov was rushed straight in, i just really don't like how phoenix is developing their talent
That's changing this year. Maloney agrees they screwed up by rushing the kids and announced that practice is over.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Maloney basically addressed this. He admitted that many of the kids were brought up too quick. He said many of them weren't ready for the NHL or the NHL schedule. The strategy is different this year and that's why he brought in guys like Vandermeer, Fiddler, Aucoin and Labarbera. Alot of the Coyotes fans thought guys like Ahnolov, Ross or Goncharov could crack the NHL lineup this year, but it looks like they will get more time to develop in the NHL.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:26 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sselssalc View Post
Sounds like the name of a new action film.

BOEDKER: Not Going Anywhere

The sequel will hopefully be:

Phoenix: finally going somewhere else.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Boedker isn't going anywhere, period.

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
Yeap. Big fan of him.

07-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Habsfanatical

The leafs would have had Hedman or Tavares by now if they really wanted to trade Schenn.. when Burkie was calling NYI and TB which name do you think came up as a starting point for a trade for one of the top 2 picks??

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:25 PM
piere McGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
Boedker is a 2008 top 10 pick who had a successful rookie season the year after he was drafted.

Schenn is a 2008 top 10 pick who had a successful rookie season the year after he was drafted.

Who do you think the Yotes would demand for Boedker if they were forced to deal him?
r u kidding? 27 points in 78 games...schenn has like 12 in 65. all boedker has is decent dangles. Schenn is way more complete. Kadri will be a mikkel boedker

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:26 PM
piere McGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
The leafs would have had Hedman or Tavares by now if they really wanted to trade Schenn.. when Burkie was calling NYI and TB which name do you think came up as a starting point for a trade for one of the top 2 picks??
Burke said NYI didn't take on call from him. would u want to trade schenn + the 7th for hedman? no.

Old
07-04-2009, 01:33 PM
JonnyC

Quote:
Couldn't agree more about Turris, however, I didn't think Boedker and Tiki had such a bad year.

JonnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwortzman View Post
Burke said NYI didn't take on call from him. would u want to trade schenn + the 7th for hedman? no.
Im not a leaf fan regardless but my point was that Burkie wouldve included Schenn in talks for the 1st 2 picks if Schenn was going to be traded anywhere.. Plus come on.. Do you believe everything that comes out of Burkies mouth?

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
We've got our own version of Boedker in Kadri.
They were line mates in Kitchener.. Pretty different players IMO.

Boedker is probably on of the most over hyped players to come out of the draft in the last little while.

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:41 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Actually he's already packing for Hamilton.

I'm kidding btw, I want the Yotes in Phoenix

Old
07-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Kills Me View Post

Boedker is probably on of the most over hyped players to come out of the draft in the last little while.
I dont think he was overhyped at all. I do believe Cody Hodgson should have been picked ahead of him, but Phoenix did fine picking him up. He was the 7th ranked player on ISS final list.

Glad we came away with Luke Schenn, though.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 01:44 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
r u kidding? 27 points in 78 games...schenn has like 12 in 65. all boedker has is decent dangles. Schenn is way more complete. Kadri will be a mikkel boedker
You can keep telling yourself these things, but we're keeping Boedker unless an incredible deal comes along that we can't turn down. I highly doubt that will happen. Boedker remains untouchable on this team because he fits our current and future organizational direction.

To be honest, Schenn would just be the starting point for a trade to go down for Boedker.

Old
07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:

Quote:
Actually he's already packing for Hamilton.
Have you watched Boedker play by chance? If you had, then you would understand why your first statement is downright ignorant, no offense.

Packing it up for Hamilton, eh? You're in for a disappointment!

Old
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
piere McGuire*

Quote:
Have you watched Boedker play by chance? If you had, then you would understand why your first statement is downright ignorant, no offense.

its a relief to see a phoenix coyotes fan

Old
07-04-2009, 02:02 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
its a relief to see a phoenix coyotes fan
Internet message board traffic does not equate to fan support or numbers. There are plenty of fans here, just ask the generation who have had the chance to learn to play hockey at a young age because of the Coyotes. It's a real shame that people tend to put our state and team down because they don't understand that Phoenix is one of the biggest cities in the country. Some people still believe that it's the wild west out here. Ignorance is not always bliss .

Old
07-04-2009, 02:10 PM
RR

Quote:
Internet message board traffic does not equate to fan support or numbers. There are plenty of fans here, just ask the generation who have had the chance to learn to play hockey at a young age because of the Coyotes. It's a real shame that people tend to put our state and team down because they don't understand that Phoenix is one of the biggest cities in the country. Some people still believe that it's the wild west out here. Ignorance is not always bliss .
They'll shutup, or should shutup, if more of us show up this year. And we will!

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:19 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:

What the hell are you trying to say?

Old
07-04-2009, 02:19 PM
ducky

Quote:
You can keep telling yourself these things, but we're keeping Boedker unless an incredible deal comes along that we can't turn down. I highly doubt that will happen. Boedker remains untouchable on this team because he fits our current and future organizational direction.

To be honest, Schenn would just be the starting point for a trade to go down for Boedker.

Don't go there.

Schenn is the obvious player Phoenix would demand in return. Certainly the Coyotes could not ask for more.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2009, 02:40 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
What the hell are you trying to say?
I'm trying to say that if you had ever watched Boedker play, then you wouldn't state that he is/was the most "over hyped" player in last year's draft. If you have watched him play and still think he's overrated, then I guess that's your opinion. He's a great player with a bright future ahead of him and we intend to keep him for as long as we can. Any team would be lucky to have him on their roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Don't go there.

Schenn is the obvious player Phoenix would demand in return. Certainly the Coyotes could not ask for more.
Of course not! How dare we ask for more from a team like the Leafs. Why we's jus' the lonely Coyotes of the wild, wild west. We's still got them dirt roads and horses out here. Wish that Ford fella would finally bring us some Model T's so we could get some players in the desert. I don't even know how we keep the ice cold with all this sun and heat, darn toot'n!

Old
07-04-2009, 02:46 PM
daethfromabove1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
I dont think he was overhyped at all. I do believe Cody Hodgson should have been picked ahead of him, but Phoenix did fine picking him up. He was the 7th ranked player on ISS final list.

Glad we came away with Luke Schenn, though.

i'd still take boedker over hodgson.. if boedker was still in the ohl last year i bet his numbers would have been better than cody's.. not taking anything away from hodgson who had a great year but i still like boedker more and wish he wasn't in the nhl last year

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote