HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Oilers Trade Block: Ryan Smyth Edition

Old
07-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Canuck09

vCash: 500
Oilers Trade Block: Ryan Smyth Edition

I was going to post this Friday morning at work but got a little busy. What happens later that day, Ryan Smyth gets traded in the NHL, it was a little strange. Anyways...

While it kills me to do it, the longest tenured Oiler (on the active roster for the 00-01 season!!!) has been put on the trade block. Ryan has been a great Oiler, but I must explore trade options for the best of the organization. He is coming off a solid NHL season scoring 26 goals for a dreadful Avs team. The perfect veteran addition to the top 6 of a team in contention, at a reasonable $3,600,000 price tag.

In trading Ryan I would favour one of the following scenarios:

1-Package that brings a youngish (younger than Ryan at least) Defenseman capable of playing in the top 4 now. Will consider a deal for a young player not quite there yet but with potential. (Again a little strange because this is part of what the Avs got in return)

2-Package that brings a couple very solid younger cheaper 3rd line wingers that aren't totally out of place on the 2nd line in case of injury.

Of course I will consider any offers, those are just two organizational needs. You can catch me via PM, MSN or email at canuck09ca@hotmail.com.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Canuck09

After seeing the results, or partial results, of the start of FA it looks pretty clear that FA isn't going to net me a 2nd pairing Dman. If it looks like you're going to come up short of adding that top 6 LW (at a reasonable $3.6 Mil) don't forget Ryan Smyth is still available.

My needs are about the same as my original post. I'm looking for a Dman to play on my 2nd pairing, a little offensive flair would be preferred. As an alternative I could also use a real good 3rd line C or W.

As always though, I will consider all offers.

Old
07-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Default101

you'll probably have better luck fielding legit offers once UFA first stage.. and maybe second stage is done.. i'm sure there's lots interested (myself included) but just too much unsure going into the FA.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 02:00 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
you'll probably have better luck fielding legit offers once UFA first stage.. and maybe second stage is done.. i'm sure there's lots interested (myself included) but just too much unsure going into the FA.
That may be true, but it doesn't hurt to keep putting the word out.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
That may be true, but it doesn't hurt to keep putting the word out.
Exactly, just making sure people remember he's available.

And just so you don't forget...insert Seinfeld reference....Co-Stanza.

Old
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Canuck09

Taking Brocks lead I figured I would bump my topic as well.

I'm still mostly after a 2nd pairing Dman but will look at any offers.