Notices

Thrashers Roster 09/10

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2009, 03:29 AM
ArVeeDee

vCash: 500
Thrashers Roster 09/10

Obviously the idea is from the other topic. How do YOU think our lines will look next season?

Old
07-05-2009, 04:58 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Kovalchuk - Peverley - Antropov
Kozlov - White - Little
UFA PKer - Reasoner - Armstrong
Boulton - Slater - Thorburn

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

Old
07-05-2009, 09:23 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Kozlov - White - Little

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

Do you think Salmela and Valabik will be full time NHLers this year or will they try to get another dman?

Also, I would like to see Holzapfel get a shot at that 3rd line LW spot.

Old
07-05-2009, 09:45 AM
vyktor

Rather than clutter up your boards with a new thread I'll stick this in here since it affects next years roster.

What's up with Armstrong, I keep hearing rumors that he doesn't want to sign in Atlanta, haven't seen him file for arbitration or anything.

I've also heard that the Team loves him and wants to keep him around, isn't interested in moving his rights. Seems odd to me that he hasn't signed though, anyone have insight into what's going on?

Old
07-05-2009, 11:02 AM
blankspace6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyktor View Post
Rather than clutter up your boards with a new thread I'll stick this in here since it affects next years roster.

What's up with Armstrong, I keep hearing rumors that he doesn't want to sign in Atlanta, haven't seen him file for arbitration or anything.

I've also heard that the Team loves him and wants to keep him around, isn't interested in moving his rights. Seems odd to me that he hasn't signed though, anyone have insight into what's going on?
We have extended Qualifying Offers to 7 different players. None have yet to be re-signed at the moment. I think Waddell has been a little busy in the past few days.

Armstrong just recently had his wedding in Atlanta and he has not filed for arbitration. Both should be good indicators that he seems to like the city and the team.

Old
07-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyktor View Post

DW is never in a big hurry to do contracts. Then throw in the Draft and Free Agency only being 4 days apart. Then Kovy's contract goes on the front burner. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't get around to talking serious with his agent until the end of July.

Old
07-05-2009, 12:20 PM
GetPucksDeep

DW is letting the market set the price of RFAs. That's the way it's always been done. If the players don't like his offer, then go get a better one, or just sign for 1 year. The teams hold most all the cards in the RFA market, so what's the rush? Should they just cave to an agent's demands just to get something done in the 1st week of July?

The interesting question will be whether they can agree on something longer with Lehtonen, or whether he does another 1-year deal.

Old
07-05-2009, 01:06 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Kozlov - White - Little

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg
Hey everyone...first post. I'm a big Thrash fan and I look forward to joining in on all the topics. It's been a great off season so far, I hope DW keeps up the good work.

I agree with these lines here (maybe Kulda could give Lewis a run for the final spot). I've seen other ideas with White back on the first line, but after the success of the Little White Russian line last year, I wouldn't mess with it.

Old
07-05-2009, 07:36 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Kozlov - White - Little

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

Pretty much exactly what I'd have. However, with Crabbe signed, I'd either slot him on the 3rd line LW, or bump him down to the 4th/pk duty in hopes that someone will take Boulton off our hands. I like boults, but he really doesn't do much for us (and yes, i'm calling him a ****** fighter).

Just realized Crabb's a RW, so there goes my idea

Closed Thread