HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

proposal: NYR-OTT

Old
07-05-2009, 02:37 PM
bmundus

vCash: 500
proposal: NYR-OTT

this is my first trade proposal on here, sorry if there was a similar one posted.
i still think the rangers need another top 6 wing. given that they don't really have one in the system. there is some maybes but no "that guy is a stud and will score 40 + goals" . so Heatley i think is a good fit. don't get me wrong i think Grachev with Anisimov can be a force but not next year, maybe two but more like 3 seasons from now.
NYR: Heatley (8 mil), Volchenkov(3.2) and a player they want to unload.
Ott: Rozsival(6), Girardi(1.6), the rights to Korpikoski and Zherdev and our number 1 in 2010 might have to throw in Stepan or Zaborsky
i think this trade will also help Anisimov and our young D get a chance they need. also Dubi needs to be our # 1 center(or for those north of the border centre)
with torts behind the bench the rangers will kill it with two solid scorers in Heatley and Gaborik.
let me have it!
PS i think with Gomez gone Drury will be back to old his old self especially if they get a good wing for him like Heatley.

bmundus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
If the numbers end up working out, there's no opposition on my end. As much as I'd love to see Zherdev become a hit on Broadway -- he's just not a surefire thing, compared to Heatley who will easily transcend Z's numbers and give us another 1st liner which we certainly need.

For the record -- despite any character issues that've been brought up during the Heatley situation, I don't think he would be a lockerroom cancer or anything like others on this board have proposed.

I'm in complete support of Dany as a Ranger.

A Heatley-Dubie-Gabby line would be absurdly explosive and would fill the offensive void we've got going on at the moment.

Mint Berry Crunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:02 PM
hlundqvist30*

There is absolutely no way Ottawa would touch this.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:06 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

im not even gonna comment on the rest.....but theres a BIG diff between stepan and zaborsky

no thx

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:08 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmundus View Post
NYR: Heatley (8 mil), Volchenkov(3.2) and a player they want to unload.
Ott: Rozsival(6), Girardi(1.6), the rights to Korpikoski and Zherdev and our number 1 in 2010 might have to throw in Stepan or Zaborsky
That's too much for Heatley given his situation. Ottowa has no leverage at all.

We'd be sending out 4 players with a total cap hit of about 10.5 -11 mil and getting back 2 players with a total cap hit of 10 mil. What money then do we use to replace Girardi and Korpikoski? Do you expect to have 3 rookies in the top 6 on defense?

At this point, I don't want Heatley or his contract. Let Grachev and Anisimov show what they can do. This team is more than good enough right now to compete for the playoffs. If we need to add anything, we can do it during the season.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:12 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
That's too much for Heatley given his situation. Ottowa has no leverage at all.

We'd be sending out 4 players with a total cap hit of about 10.5 -11 mil and getting back 2 players with a total cap hit of 10 mil. What money then do we use to replace Girardi and Korpikoski? Do you expect to have 3 rookies in the top 6 on defense?

At this point, I don't want Heatley or his contract. Let Grachev and Anisimov show what they can do. This team is more than good enough right now to compete for the playoffs. If we need to add anything, we can do it during the season.
Why are people not understanding this? Ottawa has two choices...trade him, or have a very unhappy player on their hands. Murray can spew whatever crap he wants, but, he already set the market for Heatley's value. The Rangers wouldn't give the Senators what they wanted when they didn't have Gaborik in the fold...there's no reason to act desperate now. Heatley's already limited the amount of suitors, so, there's NO need to overpay right now.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Why are people not understanding this? Ottawa has two choices...trade him, or have a very unhappy player on their hands. Murray can spew whatever crap he wants, but, he already set the market for Heatley's value. The Rangers wouldn't give the Senators what they wanted when they didn't have Gaborik in the fold...there's no reason to act desperate now. Heatley's already limited the amount of suitors, so, there's NO need to overpay right now.
I am sorry but Murray is an idiot! This is the same moron who addresses the Ottawa media after the Ray Emery fiasco when asked whether he was going to buy out Ray by saying "Well I am not going to say that I am going to buy him out I want to get something back in return!"

Ottawa has no leverage in this situation. Ownership/Management are talking a big game right now but if Heatley sticks to his guns they are going to be in a no win situation for their hockey club. The akwardness produced by the media in Ottawa alone will destroy their season.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
AdmiralsHockey93

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsHockey93 Send a message via MSN to AdmiralsHockey93
I think heatley on the rangers would be amazing, if people are saying the numbers work then im fine seeing Z go, he can get babied in ottawa, i love the kid but you gotta create change for the better. can someone think up our roster if this trade goes through that bmundus proposed, id like seeing what the line ups would look like.

AdmiralsHockey93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
bmundus

Volchenkov is no slouch he replaces Girardi and Rosi, sign Mara for what 1.5-2 maybe.d would look like this
Volchenkov-Reden
Stall-Mara
Gilroy-Potter or in whatever pairings make sense and i think we should have seven d dressed because Torts doesn't use 4 lines regularly, have rotating spot for any wolf pack stand outs.
Korpikoski can be replaced by Anisimov and we use Voros regularly on the 4th maybe 3rd line.
they would also dump someone on us and if so then we take away the forward prospect.
and yes i like stepan better also. if Zaborsky pans out he also has a chance of being a top 6. scratch Stepan. Byers or Campbell instead if needed.
Murry will just sit back if he doesn't get the deal he likes so you may have to give more then you want. we have a ton of centers in our system so we can spare some if need be.

Old
07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
AdmiralsHockey93

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsHockey93 Send a message via MSN to AdmiralsHockey93
you think gilroy is ready for the big leagues??

AdmiralsHockey93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
bmundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsHockey93 View Post
you think gilroy is ready for the big leagues??
Gilroy has a one way so he better be but if not we have so many D waiting for a shot give someone else a chance

Old
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
eco's bones

Rozsival and Zherdev for Heatley and leave it at that.

Heatley is very talented but I don't see a reason to overpay now that we have Gaborik. In any case I'd be just as inclined to send Rozsival and Zherdev for Spezza and get something you might call a legit No. 1 center.

Zaborsky by the way still has to prove he can play in the AHL. His value is really limited IMO.

As for bringing back Mara--there might be other d-men to look at as well. In some respects I'm ready to turn the corner on him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 04:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Gilroy has a one way so he better be but if not we have so many D waiting for a shot give someone else a chance
Gilroy can be sent to Hartford. He just gets paid is all. Hopefully he has a good showing in camp and makes the team though.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 04:07 PM
bmundus

i did the d lines so here is the forwards.
Higgins-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Heatley-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Anisimov-Avery
Brashear-Boyle-Rissmiller
scratch Byers orMoore

Last edited by bmundus: 07-05-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: forgot about boyle
Old
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
TheLeafFanFromOttawa*

Thats barely worth Volchenkov

TheLeafFanFromOttawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 04:12 PM
bmundus

so he can be sent down with out going through wavers? because it is a one way deal.

Old
07-05-2009, 04:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
so he can be sent down with out going through wavers? because it is a one way deal.
One way only means he gets paid the same amount regardless of where he plays. Since he has no NHL experience he can be called up or sent down without having to clear waivers until he has played I think it is 60 or so games with the big club.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
bmundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeafFanFromOttawa View Post
Thats barely worth Volchenkov
ok cool not a rangers or sens fan, so what would you think it would take to get heatley and volchenkov to the rangers.

Old
07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
bmundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
One way only means he gets paid the same amount regardless of where he plays. Since he has no NHL experience he can be called up or sent down without having to clear waivers until he has played I think it is 60 or so games with the big club.
thanks for clearing that up.

Old
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
bmundus

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...t_camp_review/
good read about the prospect camp. i hope Dowzak is nhl ready soon. rangers need his type of play on D.

Old
07-05-2009, 04:23 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
ok cool not a rangers or sens fan, so what would you think it would take to get heatley and volchenkov to the rangers.
Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, and Zherdev for Heatley and Volch. So basically you take on 10 million for .85mil. So basically you guys don't have the assets for Heatley and Volchenkov.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
bmundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, and Zherdev for Heatley and Volch. So basically you take on 10 million for .85mil. So basically you guys don't have the assets for Heatley and Volchenkov.
OK that would be the most one sided trade i have seen. and your math is on meth.

Old
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yeah. I would just wait at this point. I think Sather is going to rip Murray off and everyone here is going to be VERY Happy.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
lmfao. Staal is criminally underrated by so many of these knobs its unreal

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2009, 05:19 PM
TheHMan

The Rangers are going to have to deal with Rozsival some other way. Ottawa isn't taking him back in any sort of deal. Otherwise, everything in this thread is wishful thinking.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote