HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kovalev Signs with Ottawa - 2 Years/ 5M Per

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
  #101
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So Ottawa thinks they can kill cancer (Heatley) with cancer (Kovalev) do they?
Kovalev wasn't the cancer, it was the Kostintdrunks and Plekleenex that made the 2008-09 season really ****** to watch.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
  #102
Macke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 500
5 Million per?

WTF

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
  #103
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,149
vCash: 500
Ottawa fails.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
  #104
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginoro View Post
he had a knee surgery in 2001, needed another in 2005 and Dr.Mulder said he'd probably need one in another 4 years.. which is this season so don't be surprised if he goes out for a 15-20 games this season because of that.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?ar...e&service=page

"It's been four years without a symptom," Mulder said. "And I guess what we're all hoping for is that we might prepare him for another four years."
That was in 2005 from another article.
Just wanted to let you know, it's not a sure bet that he'll need one but it's a possibility.

Nice find, it'll be interesting to see how that goes this year.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
  #105
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 500
I hated him at the 4+ million, at 5 million the Sens fans are going to be pulling their hair out when this ****er starts taking lazy/selfish penalties and constantly giving up turnovers.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
  #106
costermonger
sans classe
 
costermonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
In short - the Senators just signed themselves a huge imporvement in their bargaining position.
No kidding.

costermonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
  #107
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!
 
Highbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
5 Million per?

WTF
I can only assume that Murray have originally allotted that money to Camalleri but seeing as the Habs signed that sniper, we signed theirs with the excess money.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
  #108
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGpens View Post
2 years $10MM? $5MM per for Kovy? that's overpayment...no wonder he took the deal...
Not to many players are that low after an 82 and 65 point season. 65 point season Montreal Canadiens fans are complaining.

Which channel plays Ottawa games by the way?

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
  #109
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,602
vCash: 500
I was hoping 4.5.

Oh well.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
  #110
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!
 
Highbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I hated him at the 4+ million, at 5 million the Sens fans are going to be pulling their hair out when this ****er starts taking lazy/selfish penalties and constantly giving up turnovers.
At the very least, that'll take the spotlight off Spezza...

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
  #111
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
Kovalev wasn't the cancer, it was the Kostintdrunks and Plekleenex that made the 2008-09 season really ****** to watch.
Yeah and Kovalev was given those 2 games off because he was "too amazing"?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
  #112
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Ottawa fails.
Scott Gomez.

Gil Gunderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:19 PM
  #113
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,346
vCash: 500
they have to feel they can move Heatley and soon..........also getting Smiths contract out of the way

I still think he goes to the Oilers for the same package rumored and now Smith because Ottawa had to eat 4 milion

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:19 PM
  #114
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Ottawa fails.
The only team that fails in the north-east is Montreal.

Hopefully Price starts playing like Brodeur or else they might not even be lucky enough to beat the Sabres.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
  #115
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Better than Gionta at 5 mil

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
  #116
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,021
vCash: 500
Sometimes you DO have to overpay to target the guy you want. Plus if Montreal was offering 4.4, obviously we would have to offer more. If you're a Kovalev fan, and wanted him on Ottawa, this is money you would assume would have to be spent.

Kovalev is still going to have to win me over, hopefully he does.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
  #117
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Better than Gionta at 5 mil
Amen to that.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
  #118
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Wow, that came out of left field.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
  #119
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Ottawa fails.
not if Ottawa steals all the games against Montreal this year

it's 6 games i guess?

if Ottawa ends up 6-0 or even 5-1 = MTL FAILED

same applied to games vs Boston (Begin,Ryder, Recchi), NYR (Higgins), Toronto (Komisarek, Beauchemin, Grabovski) ...

ya...if these teams give Montreal a terrible season.... MTL FAILED !

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:23 PM
  #120
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yeah and Kovalev was given those 2 games off because he was "too amazing"?
Those two nights off got his mind back on track.

They gave Sergei Kostitsyn a couple of weeks off and he didn't do **** all. The same for Pleks (a game or so).

Montreal's problem wasn't their veterans as much as their sophomores.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
  #121
davenash
Registered User
 
davenash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rimouski, PQ
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Better than Gionta at 5 mil
Gionta is much younger though.

Now look at all the Sens fans who will suddenly love Kovy.

I'll miss him but I'm happy that there was a shakeup in Montreal.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
  #122
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,413
vCash: 500
who here is hoping that Buffalo goes after Koivu and/or Tanguay ??

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
  #123
Anubix
 
Anubix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
It's a little more than expected but it's the UFAs and the Sens are looking for some solutions so here's one. Let's see how it works out for them.

Anubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:25 PM
  #124
Tricolore#20
Registered User
 
Tricolore#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
not if Ottawa steals all the games against Montreal this year

it's 6 games i guess?

if Ottawa ends up 6-0 or even 5-1 = MTL FAILED

same applied to games vs Boston (Begin,Ryder, Recchi), NYR (Higgins), Toronto (Komisarek, Beauchemin, Grabovski) ...

ya...if these teams give Montreal a terrible season.... MTL FAILED !
Why are you even including guys like Begin, Recchi and Beauchemin in your argument? All those guys played for other teams before joining their current team. If you really want to make that argument, EVERY TEAM has FAILED because every team has given up on players in the past.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2009, 03:25 PM
  #125
SopelFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richard Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Begin went to the Bruins too.

SopelFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.