HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
Actually he did go to the NHL - he's just been a healthy scratch.

Under Dave Tippett no one is handed a roster spot, they are earned. Tik is in the same spot as the other prospects - earn a spot and you will play. He scored some goals in the KHL but only time will tell if his time will tell if his time overseas will translate into an NHL roster spot.

Old
04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I'd like to believe he'd be that cheap. Not counting on it though. I think he's easily worth 3, maybe more. Young, responsible 2nd line center that still has offensive upside? I gotta believe a lot of teams are interested.
Stajan just got 4 years and $3.5M from Calgary, so the bar for Lombardi has been set.

Old
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Shamrocks

Al Montoya's future

Does Montoya have any future with the Coyotes? Will he be resigned? Will he crack the NHL in the near future?

Old
05-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Freaky Styley

Z. Michalek

just wondering how likely he is to re-sign in phoenix, and if he'll ever get to free agency

i expect that he is very high on your priority list to bring back, but not sure what his attitude was about staying in phoenix with all of the uncertainty surrounding the organization

thanks in advance!

Old
05-27-2010, 09:49 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden CM View Post
just wondering how likely he is to re-sign in phoenix, and if he'll ever get to free agency

i expect that he is very high on your priority list to bring back, but not sure what his attitude was about staying in phoenix with all of the uncertainty surrounding the organization

thanks in advance!
Michalek would like maximum cash over maximum years while using the threat of walking and joining his brother in Ottawa as leverage.

Maloney seems extremely reluctant to offer big money (budget is ? given the ownership situation) or term given the large amount of uncertainty surrounding this franchise. Michalek is a priority. Do not get me wrong but I'm still not of the opinion that he's someone that you want to lock in long-term as a top pairing guy and even if we did the franchise future is still so uncertain at this point in time would Michalek even really be interested? If this was next season and Jovo's contract was coming off the books then I would suspect that we could be there with money and/or term and a re-signing would be more likely but right now... I'm optimistic but not expecting a re-signing.

Old
05-27-2010, 10:51 PM
lanky

Quote:
Michalek would like maximum cash over maximum years while using the threat of walking and joining his brother in Ottawa as leverage.

Where is this information coming from?

Old
05-27-2010, 11:00 PM
kingbrutis

It sure sounded on his "out" interview, that he is gone. Sure he said he wants to stay here, but you could see it that he wants to test the market.

Old
05-27-2010, 11:03 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Where is this information coming from?
Logic. He's going to use whatever he can to maximize his revenue. Why wouldn't he?

Old
05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

what is "maximum" in either instance though?

when i say someone wants "maximum" money (usually an NBA term, anyway), that sounds like a lot, like one of the highest paid players at his position at least. "maximum" years is also vague.

i don't have a pulse for how likely he is to return but i am sure they can pay him if they assess his value as being higher than other UFAs and available FAs.

Old
05-27-2010, 11:25 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein View Post
what is "maximum" in either instance though?

when i say someone wants "maximum" money (usually an NBA term, anyway), that sounds like a lot, like one of the highest paid players at his position at least. "maximum" years is also vague.

i don't have a pulse for how likely he is to return but i am sure they can pay him if they assess his value as being higher than other UFAs and available FAs.
My gut feel is he's looking for 4-5 years at $4 million + per year. If I am his agent that is the minimum I would start at.

Old
05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Matthew McConaughey
Alright, Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
For all anyone knows, he would take a 1 year contract to stay in Phoenix and let the ownership / relocation issues be worked out. Not every player is about max term / max money.

Old
05-28-2010, 10:19 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

People are just pulling ess out of there ***** on this whole Michalek thing and its driving me nuts. No one knows a thing about it.

Old
05-28-2010, 08:00 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stump View Post
For all anyone knows, he would take a 1 year contract to stay in Phoenix and let the ownership / relocation issues be worked out. Not every player is about max term / max money.
yes I am speculating but I know if it was me I would be looking to maximize my return or at least leverage one of years and or dollars out of a team. a one year deal at $3 million out of Phoenix would be too risky (injury) IMO. That being said, if Phoenix can get the green light on a 3-4 year deal where they can only offer a modest increase in year one but utilize some of the cash coming off the books in years 2 and beyond from the expiration of Jovo's deal then we could do it. That being said, is the NHL going to allow Maloney to enter into anything longer than a one or two year (non-entry level) contract?

Old
06-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Killer Sharkz

Montoya?

I always wanted to see the guy succeed...I know he came up for a few games at the end of the 08'-09' season and played very well, but I have not heard much about him since...is he still playing well? Do you guys think he will ever be a starter in Phx? or anywhere for that matter?

Old
06-05-2010, 02:31 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Sharkz View Post
Do you guys think he will ever be a starter in Phx? or anywhere for that matter?
No and no. Maybe he'll stick it out long enough to be an emergency call up type for a team injury stricken like the Kings a few years back, or the Flyers earlier this year.

Old
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
411 on Lombardi

Some people on the habs board are asking about him to replace Plekanec, or even come in as a 3rd liner.

What do you guys think of him? I would prefer, if Pleks can't be re-signed to go bigger down the middle, Lombardi is really only going sideways, maybe even regressing. Does he play big? How does he do against physical D men? Would you care to lose him, or hard fought to keep him?

Any info would be appreciated, I know he's a Montrealer, but really I could care less of that info.

Old
06-06-2010, 10:08 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Some people on the habs board are asking about him to replace Plekanec, or even come in as a 3rd liner.

What do you guys think of him? I would prefer, if Pleks can't be re-signed to go bigger down the middle, Lombardi is really only going sideways, maybe even regressing. Does he play big? How does he do against physical D men? Would you care to lose him, or hard fought to keep him?

Any info would be appreciated, I know he's a Montrealer, but really I could care less of that info.
Well he's likely looking for Stajan money/term. Yes, Phoenix would be looking to keep him if possible but given the ownership situation we are in an unfortunate bargaining position. One that doesn't likely offer the financial security or assurance that the franchise will even still be there as soon as a year into the agreement (and agreeing to play in Phoenix at American taxes for less dollars is different than playing in Winnipeg and Canadian taxes).

Lombardi is a very speedy center who is better suited to a 2/3 role than #1. He's a 20 goal 30-40 assist type player. He doesn't play a big game but he's a good player who gives an honest effort.

Old
06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

With Seidenberg signing for 4 yrs/$13M...that's a pretty good benchmark for Z. I'd offer him 4 yrs/$14M and let the negotiations begin. I don't see how the uncertainty of ownership should affect these negotiations. A $3.5M annual contract (or even $4M) isn't going to prevent a team from being sold.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Matthew McConaughey
Alright, Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Lombardi is a very speedy center who is better suited to a 2/3 role than #1. He's a 20 goal 30-40 assist type player. He doesn't play a big game but he's a good player who gives an honest effort.
His speed needs to be underscored IMO. He's incredibly fast, an attribute that I love in hockey. His hands cannot keep up with his feet though, so he loses the puck too often for my liking. As you noted, in the #2/#3 centre position, he is ideal. I really want Lombardi to stay with the Coyotes.

Old
06-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Fiasco

Zbynek Michalek Info.

Hey 'Yotes fans. Many of us Sens fans would love to get Michalek signed to a deal this off-season. I think most of us are unable to catch many Coyotes games through the course of the season, and I've only seen Michalek a couple of times myself, so I was wondering if you would be able to provide a bit of insight as to what he really brings to the table? We know the basic shut-down + shot-blocking ability, but a more comprehensive scouting report would be very welcome!

Thanks

Old
06-18-2010, 09:53 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco View Post
Hey 'Yotes fans. Many of us Sens fans would love to get Michalek signed to a deal this off-season. I think most of us are unable to catch many Coyotes games through the course of the season, and I've only seen Michalek a couple of times myself, so I was wondering if you would be able to provide a bit of insight as to what he really brings to the table? We know the basic shut-down + shot-blocking ability, but a more comprehensive scouting report would be very welcome!

Thanks
To me I would compare him to Volchankov just without the physical style that volchankov brings. Pretty much the same point production, close to the same shot blocking numbers, but volchankov has the edge in my book.

Old
06-18-2010, 10:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Michalek? In a word: Brains. Lidstrom minus offense.

Old
06-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Waldo

Michalek

Michalek is warmly regarded in Phx. He is very solid defensively and plays with courage - fearless when it comes to shot blocking. Plays a very good positional game and rarely gets beaten. He's not a heavy weight hitter but takes his man out. He has shown some offensive potential but is mostly paired with Jovonoski who is prone to big gaffes so Michalek has to be very conscious of that and covers for Jovo. That has hurt his offensive stats but that's how Tippett wants him to play. We would all like to se him resigned but suspect he wants to play with his brother and there still is some uncertainty with the teams sale that may not allow GMDM to offer long term contracts until sale is final. He would be a great addition to the
Sens. I would like to see him stay in Phx.

Old
06-19-2010, 10:26 AM
jdfitz12

stepniak, lombardi, morris

any word on these guys coming back to phoenix. Not much reported

Old
06-19-2010, 02:40 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Philly HAS to move salary now. If they move Carter, we need to be in on that! $5 mil for a big goal scoring #1 center that's only 25 is reasonable and we have pics and prospects to keep them from taking back salary.

Closed Thread