HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2010, 07:18 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Philly HAS to move salary now. If they move Carter, we need to be in on that! $5 mil for a big goal scoring #1 center that's only 25 is reasonable and we have pics and prospects to keep them from taking back salary.
Nobody here would be able to stomach his price tag, trade wise.

Old
06-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Nobody here would be able to stomach his price tag, trade wise.
The sad thing is, Philly picked Carter with our draft pick...the draft pick we traded to them for Langkow

Old
06-19-2010, 10:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
The sad thing is, Philly picked Carter with our draft pick...the draft pick we traded to them for Langkow
We'd have just taken Jessiman, anyhow.

Old
06-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
We'd have just taken Jessiman, anyhow.
what the **** happened to that guy?

Old
06-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Langkow was turned back into a 1st rounder. Traded for Gauthier who was in turn traded to Philly for 2 x 2nds which in turn was traded for a 1st. I think that was used to pick Chris Summers.

Old
06-20-2010, 07:55 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
what the **** happened to that guy?
Rangers traded him to Nashville for future considerations....nothing has happened with that.

Old
06-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
What's the deal with Tikhonov...I read in mid March that he got recalled from the KHL....did he go to the AHL from there? Because he certainly didn't go to the NHL...

Where is Tikhonov in the Yotes plans?

Obviously Mueller got moved on for Wolski, good deal for both teams...

Turris seems to REALLY be coming on with the Rampage and should challenge for a Top 6 role in Phx next year...

Boedker seems to be stalling out a bit, maybe at a cross roads...

BUT where is Tikhonov in his evolution as a Yote commodity??

Any info would be great...I know Gretz was super high on him last year...calling him the ROY etc...
I saw there was one response to this, but does anyone have any updated info on Tikhonov?

What are the chances he sticks around this year? What roll does he project to fill long term? Is he a serious threat to book it to the KHL again (and for good) if he doesn't make the Coyotes again?

Old
06-22-2010, 03:19 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Mikkel Boedker

Hi Guys,

Being a dane, I am obviously very interested in Mikkel Boedker,
Even tho I am danish, my knowledge of his latest achievements is very limited,

I WAS very high on this kid, but he just seemed to kinda dissapear all of a sudden?

He looked like he was going to tare up the NHL in his first year, and then BAM he just went bust!

I was even more shocked to see his stats from the weaker AHL!

In Denmark, most hockey talk, goes on Peter Regin, Lars Eller and Frans Nielsen, Not much is said about Boedker!
So I was hoping any of you guys could shed some light on this subject!

I am obviously not a yotes fan, so I do not know to much about his situation!

What is it with this kid, I mean he was a STUD up-untill the draft, now he seems like a big bust??

OR, is Phoenix just a bad place for a young talent to evolve? Would he be better of at another team, i.e a team with a more offensive style of play?

Before people start ranting me, Im JUST trying to get information

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 06-22-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old
06-22-2010, 03:43 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

A. A mod will end up moving your thread to the "inquiry thread"

B. He's not a bust; far from it. He is however playing in the minor leagues. It makes sense that he would not get a lot of publicity because of that. He needs some time to develop more of an offensive game on a consistent basis. He could probably fill a bottom 6 roll right now; but I think more is expected so he's better off developing his game in the AHL.

Old
06-22-2010, 04:38 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
A. A mod will end up moving your thread to the "inquiry thread"

B. He's not a bust; far from it. He is however playing in the minor leagues. It makes sense that he would not get a lot of publicity because of that. He needs some time to develop more of an offensive game on a consistent basis. He could probably fill a bottom 6 roll right now; but I think more is expected so he's better off developing his game in the AHL.
Any Mods, feel free to move it I dont mind,

Thanks for your answer, so we can expect to see more from this kid?

Old
06-22-2010, 04:47 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinddalSENATORS View Post
Any Mods, feel free to move it I dont mind,

Thanks for your answer, so we can expect to see more from this kid?
Another year developing in the AHL, and by 2011-12 he should stick with the big club. He wasn't ready in 2008. And looked a bit lost in 2009. But he is nowhere close to "bust." Have some patience. He'll be fine.

Old
06-22-2010, 05:28 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

He didn't get a legit shot this past year. He was moved around with a bunch of different line combos and went up and down from the big club to the minors several times. I love his talent. At the beginning of this year when he was playing most games, he was drawing penalties left and right with his speed. I don't know why but Tippet never paired him with Lombo and Upshaw. That line would have been lightning fast. I think all of us Yotes fans wanted to see that. I think he'll battle MacLean and Tik for a spot this year. If he doesn't make it, hopefully he'll get to stay in the minors and develop some consistency.

He was rushed like other have said but he has an NHL body and elite speed. He'll be a solid scorer eventually imo.

Old
06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

He's got all the tools. When he learns to consistently drive the net he'll be a serious offensive force.

Old
06-22-2010, 12:09 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
He'll be a solid scorer eventually imo.
I hope so. But honestly I haven't seen much to get excited about. Lots of hype, great wheels, a couple good outings in his rookie season and then - nothing. Last year, when brought in, he was completely invisible. His AHL numbers aren't anything special. Right now I'm not really high on the guy. He looks lost.

By contrast, while Turris still isn't quite ready, he always seems to do something interesting with the puck and consistently drives the net, 2 attributes Boedker sorely lacks.

I think Mikkel will be an NHL player. Whether he'll be an impactful top-6 forward or perennial 3rd - 4th line fodder remains to be seen.

Old
06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
aBurmistrov

Random question- Ekman-Larsson

I was just wondering, on his jersey, would it be Ekman-Larsson, or Larsson, or just Ekman?

Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson jersey just says Paajarvi.

Yeah I know, just a random question and am curious

Old
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaze View Post
I was just wondering, on his jersey, would it be Ekman-Larsson, or Larsson, or just Ekman?

Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson jersey just says Paajarvi.

Yeah I know, just a random question and am curious
1st off, this thread is most likely going to be moved to the Player inquiry thread so look for your answers there

Secondly, I think it's going to be "Ekman-Larsson" or "Ekman Larsson"

Old
06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

It should just read, "OEL" if I had any say.

Old
06-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Scout Report on Lee Stempniak

Hey guys,

Any chance you could give me a bit more info on Lee Stempniak? I wouldn't mind seeing Darcy Regier signing the local boy as I think he could really excel here. We saw him do great on a good team like the Coyotes... How is his defense? Could he play a two-way/shutdown role if he didn't do so well in our top 6? Is he at all physical? Work rate/ character etc. Thanks a lot!

Old
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

mod note: moved several recent posts to the offseason discussion thread where they're more appropriate.

Old
07-12-2010, 04:49 AM
GCM
Stork

How has Taylor Pyatt progressed?

Haven't watched him much since he was on the Canucks.

Is he still sort of just "there" or is he starting to show signs of actually using his body like a power forward should?

Old
07-12-2010, 05:29 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

A rookie poster with 305 posts and 15 PPD. YIKES.

Pyatt showed streaks last season of being able to put it together but there was a period of time where he disappeared. I think a lot of people still consider last year a lost year for him in some ways. Probably the last one of those. He doesn't play big consistently but he's been a good fit for the Yotes.

Old
07-12-2010, 06:20 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
Haven't watched him much since he was on the Canucks.

Is he still sort of just "there" or is he starting to show signs of actually using his body like a power forward should?
He started off so-so, and hit rough patch during the holidays(it was later revealed that he was dealing with some personal issues, and nearly left the team). During the home stretch, and especially in the playoffs, he was excellent. I think Phoenix was the perfect market. He was completely out of the media spotlight and this is an extremely tight knit group of players(guys like Stempniak and Bissonnette both said it's the tightest group they've ever seen). I really hope he is able to continue to build off of last season both personally and professionally. If he can do that, he should have a very good statistical season.

Also, I'd keep an eye on the stickied Player Inquiry thread. That's probably where this will end up.

Old
07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

How highly do you value Yandle?
I have only seen him play against Colorado mainly not quite sure what to think about him. I was considering doing a proposal of Semin-Yandle but there have been so many awful proposals lately and I don't want to add to the list. I have a strong reading on Semin as I live in DC but not quite sure what to think of Yandle other than his stats which are impressive. And as we all know stats don't tell half the story. Thanks

Old
07-27-2010, 10:06 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
How highly do you value Yandle?
I have only seen him play against Colorado mainly not quite sure what to think about him. I was considering doing a proposal of Semin-Yandle but there have been so many awful proposals lately and I don't want to add to the list. I have a strong reading on Semin as I live in DC but not quite sure what to think of Yandle other than his stats which are impressive. And as we all know stats don't tell half the story. Thanks
Phoenix is looking for Yandle to continue to step up with the loss of Michalek. He is also very affordable. Monetarily there is no way such a proposal could go through. If you ignore contracts you might be able to find a fair trade concerning those two players but realistically with the money, and the fact that Yandle is one of the only success stories with the Phoenix youth so far it would never happen.

Another note, Semin is an upcoming UFA where as Yandle is an RFA. I don't think Phoenix would give up that control even if they could afford it.

Old
07-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Phoenix is looking for Yandle to continue to step up with the loss of Michalek. He is also very affordable. Monetarily there is no way such a proposal could go through. If you ignore contracts you might be able to find a fair trade concerning those two players but realistically with the money, and the fact that Yandle is one of the only success stories with the Phoenix youth so far it would never happen.

Another note, Semin is an upcoming UFA where as Yandle is an RFA. I don't think Phoenix would give up that control even if they could afford it.
Okay that's true, value is there money is not.

Closed Thread