HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Hawker14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy4Prez View Post
Hey guys,

Any chance you could give me a bit more info on Lee Stempniak? I wouldn't mind seeing Darcy Regier signing the local boy as I think he could really excel here. We saw him do great on a good team like the Coyotes... How is his defense? Could he play a two-way/shutdown role if he didn't do so well in our top 6? Is he at all physical? Work rate/ character etc. Thanks a lot!
He was great in the month he was with the Coyotes last year, although he wasn't nearly as effective in the playoffs.

Prior to lighting it up with the Coyotes, in the last three seasons, he had 41 goals in 217 games. So which player is the real Stempniak ? I suggest the 15 goals a year guy is closer to the truth.

His defensive play is fine, although he does seem to disappear at times.

Old
08-04-2010, 10:26 PM
OgoBoHo
Positivity is key!!!

vCash: 50
Is Oliver Ekman-Larsson going to be playing for the Coyotes this upcoming season?

I'd read the thread, but there's lots of pages, and I'd like to have a up to date comment.

Old
08-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCabe 24 View Post
Is Oliver Ekman-Larsson going to be playing for the Coyotes this upcoming season?

I'd read the thread, but there's lots of pages, and I'd like to have a up to date comment.
He might, but Tippett will only put him on the roster if he earns a spot in training camp. If he doesn't make the team, he will go back to Sweden.

Old
08-04-2010, 10:50 PM
OgoBoHo
Positivity is key!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
He might, but Tippett will only put him on the roster if he earns a spot in training camp. If he doesn't make the team, he will go back to Sweden.
Which should be a high possibility right?

Looking at the Coyotes depth chart, he should be able to make the roster, and maybe even bet out a few veterans for a higher role.

Old
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCabe 24 View Post
Which should be a high possibility right?

Looking at the Coyotes depth chart, he should be able to make the roster, and maybe even bet out a few veterans for a higher role.
I think that OEL has the chance to be the star player the Coyotes have lacked since JR and Keith.

Old
08-05-2010, 05:08 PM
The Fuhr*

Hopefully Kyle Turris lives up to his potential... not only would it be awesome to see but it would help my FHL team out.

I just picked him up for Mathieu Perreault, Jimmy Hayes, Patrice Cormier and a 2012 2nd

Unloaded for the guy moving depth out

Old
08-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Raptactics29

What is going on with Martin Hanzal? Does anyone know how clse to resigning he is and what he's looking for? Thanks

Old
08-08-2010, 11:31 AM
jdfitz12

rumor from the islanders board, has stempniak being offered 9.5M for 3year deal
I think this is a bogus rumor myself. He will get somewhere around 2 - 2.5 max.
I'm still hoping Stemp comes back to Phoenix as the coyotes are running out of options to fill out the top 6 forwards.
I believe only only 2 rookies will make the big club. Turris and Larsson/Goncharov.

Other UFA options : 2M or below range.
Guerin
Torres
Wellwood

Old
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfitz12 View Post
I'm still hoping Stemp comes back to Phoenix as the coyotes are running out of options to fill out the top 6 forwards.
I believe only only 2 rookies will make the big club. Turris and Larsson/Goncharov.

Guerin
Torres
Wellwood
If true, who would have predicted going into FA that Stempniak would get more $$$$ than Frolov, Whitney, Antropov and Jokinen.

Old
08-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

I just read on The Hockey News that Afinogenov is nearing a 5 year deal to play in Russia.

Old
08-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:

Guerin
Torres
Wellwood
That is a lot of money for not a lot of player. I hope for the Islanders sake that this is just a rumor.

Old
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

I expect 4 rooks or near rooks to make the team, Turris, Goncharov, OEL and either MacClean or Boeddker. I suspect that Boeddker would benefit more from an extra year in the AHL and MacClean has gone as far as he can go there and needs his opportunity in the big show in order to grow as a player.

Old
08-08-2010, 01:41 PM
jdfitz12

if they go with 2 rookies on top 6 forward lines, they will finish last in division. I've heard GMDM say that the team does not want to take a step back. With the current roster situation and SJ, LA, ANA looking as good or better than last year, I have my doubts at an 8 seed in the west.

Old
08-08-2010, 02:19 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
if they go with 2 rookies on top 6 forward lines, they will finish last in division. I've heard GMDM say that the team does not want to take a step back. With the current roster situation and SJ, LA, ANA looking as good or better than last year, I have my doubts at an 8 seed in the west.
why would they finish last in the division with two rookies in the top 6? How many rookies did they have in the top 6 two years ago? They were 4th at the all star break. sure they fell apart after that because the young guys got tired, but with two young guys on the team they would be just fine. SJ is worse then last year, LA is worse then last year, ANA is probably the only team that improved over the off season and if they end up trading bobby ryan which is still a possibility they will have gotten worse.

Old
08-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

We have 2 holes to fill on the top 6 lines, as I see it, if we loose Stempniak and keep Prucha with Fiddler on line 4. Pick your poison. I hope to see Turris show his stuff at center and either Boedds or MacClean as a top 6 wing. It seems to me that this year the rooks have to step up.

Old
08-08-2010, 02:38 PM
PhoPhan

Y'all seem to be forgetting Viktor Tikhonov, who is 22 and scored 14 goals in 25 KHL games last year. I don't expect him to make a huge impact, but he likely won't be a liability either. The only other rookie forward I expect to get regular minutes is Turris, and even he will be sheltered until he shows he can produce.

Old
08-08-2010, 02:54 PM
kingbrutis

From that interview Tip did a few days ago, he expects Turris to be a big part of the team. I guess his back was hurt and once he got healthy and they made a coaching change, he was awesome. A point a game I believe. I think well go with what we got and then see where we are at camp. I feel good about the team except ownership. At some point like the Hawks, your drafted players need to play.

Old
08-08-2010, 05:15 PM
60DegreesIsCold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
From that interview Tip did a few days ago, he expects Turris to be a big part of the team. I guess his back was hurt and once he got healthy and they made a coaching change, he was awesome. A point a game I believe. I think well go with what we got and then see where we are at camp. I feel good about the team except ownership. At some point like the Hawks, your drafted players need to play.
ITA. Eventually, you've got to start getting your younger players in there, learning from the vets. I completely understand people's concerns after the 2008-2009 season, in which we were one of the youngest teams in the league. But that team had Mueller, Hanzal, Yandle, Boedker, Lisin, Turris, Tikhonov, Carcillo, and Winnik. That's NINE young guys lacking significant NHL experience being called upon to contribute. And they were expected to contribute heavily. That's a far cry from what we're talking about now. Over-correction can be just as much a problem as not learning from the mistakes of the past.

Tippett will keep everyone in line, and the couple of younger guys who get moved up will have plenty of responsible, hard-working role models. The best thing to do is to bring one or two young guys up at a time and get them acclimated.

Old
08-08-2010, 05:47 PM
PhoPhan

I know it's de rigueur to ape the most recent champion, but the Red Wings have been successful for years with the opposite model: no one plays until he can contribute.

Old
08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I know it's de rigueur to ape the most recent champion, but the Red Wings have been successful for years with the opposite model: no one plays until he can contribute.
That's because Detroit can lure in top FAs with their winning tradition...and then pay them.

Old
08-08-2010, 06:38 PM
kingbrutis

Well, I think we have no shot to win the cup. Looks like the Caps and Wings will be the heavy fav's and for good reason. I have to disagree about the Ducks. Their D stinks and is way worse than last year. They lost their top 2 D men. If they bring in Karyia, they are older and slower. Clearly the Sharks are the team to beat in the pacific. I really dont think Beriner is an elite G for the Kings.

Until the end of the year we had very few injuries. If that happens again and if Bryz plays like last year, we should be 4th or 5th in the west. If either one of those things goes bad, it will be a fight for 7th or 8th.

Old
08-08-2010, 07:28 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
Well, I think we have no shot to win the cup. Looks like the Caps and Wings will be the heavy fav's and for good reason. I have to disagree about the Ducks. Their D stinks and is way worse than last year. They lost their top 2 D men. If they bring in Karyia, they are older and slower. Clearly the Sharks are the team to beat in the pacific. I really dont think Beriner is an elite G for the Kings.

Until the end of the year we had very few injuries. If that happens again and if Bryz plays like last year, we should be 4th or 5th in the west. If either one of those things goes bad, it will be a fight for 7th or 8th.
I dont think the wings or the caps will be or should be heavy favorites. I dont think the red wings and howard can win a cup. Their defense is getting old, and they added a 40+ year old center in modano. With the caps they didnt really do much in the off season. If they would have gotten a goalie then i might have changed my mind but as it stands now they arent going to win. Pittsburgh has to be the favorite out east, Defense is way stronger, and scoring has never been their problem. If Marc Andre Fleury can come into his own then the penguins could be close to unstoppable.

Old
08-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
I dont think the wings or the caps will be or should be heavy favorites. I dont think the red wings and howard can win a cup. Their defense is getting old, and they added a 40+ year old center in modano. With the caps they didnt really do much in the off season. If they would have gotten a goalie then i might have changed my mind but as it stands now they arent going to win. Pittsburgh has to be the favorite out east, Defense is way stronger, and scoring has never been their problem. If Marc Andre Fleury can come into his own then the penguins could be close to unstoppable.
The Sharks have no goalie (of mention). They can do well in the regular season with a stout defense in front of an average goalie, but in the playoffs they will wilt.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:18 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
The Sharks have no goalie (of mention). They can do well in the regular season with a stout defense in front of an average goalie, but in the playoffs they will wilt.
thats what im saying.

Old
08-14-2010, 08:52 AM
JerkChicken

Info On Joel Perrault

Hey Yotes' fans... Canuck fan here looking for a bit of insight.

Vancouver signed Joel Perrault right out of the gate on July 1st, and the signing kind of stayed a bit under the radar as the Canucks inked some bigger name guys that day as well which stole Perrault's 'thunder'.

That being said, there was a discussion going on in the Canuck forum about what Perrault's role will be. A lot of people think he'll be AHL material and was brought in purely for some depth.

I happen to think that he was brought in to be a regular on the Canucks, as he was signed to a one-way deal, and at first glace anyway - he fits a need the Canucks have on their 4th line.

My question to you guys is: What can we expect from Perrault, and what are his strengths/weaknesses?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks fellas'...cheers!

Closed Thread