HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 12:51 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
I wonder if Tikhonov will try again. IMO, if he stayed in NA, the Coyotes would have eventually called him up, but then again he keeps burning that darn bridge. And I wonder if another team may want to give him a tryout (the Coyotes do own his RFA rights and do not have to give him another qualifying offer since he did not re-sign with the 'Yotes).

Old
06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
RR

Any chance we bring him back?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012/06/25/peter-mueller-qualifying-offer/10891/

Quote:
Peter Mueller has NOT been tendered a qualifying offer by the Avalanche.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I wonder if Tikhonov will try again. IMO, if he stayed in NA, the Coyotes would have eventually called him up, but then again he keeps burning that darn bridge. And I wonder if another team may want to give him a tryout (the Coyotes do own his RFA rights and do not have to give him another qualifying offer since he did not re-sign with the 'Yotes).
Dmitry Chesnokov said that he will try again.

Also, does anybody have a worry of HF Boards in the future? I can't shake the feeling that Sidney Crosby will be playing with Peter Mueller next season and everybody will say "YOU GUYS WERE IDIOTS!!!"

Old
06-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Dmitry Chesnokov said that he will try again.

Also, does anybody have a worry of HF Boards in the future? I can't shake the feeling that Sidney Crosby will be playing with Peter Mueller next season and everybody will say "YOU GUYS WERE IDIOTS!!!"
Far from the worst thing being a Yotes fan can get you called on these boards

I actually have a really good feeling about Tiki this year.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Scouting Report: Keith Yandle

Blues fan here. I've heard a lot of talk about the Blues turning their interest towards Yandle if they strike out on getting a partner for Pietrangelo in free agency.

I see the offensive numbers are fantastic for Yandle but I've heard he isn't very physical and doesn't play against top lines very much. I also see he doesn't play on the PK much at all.

Can a few people give me a scouting report on Yandle? Physicality, defensive awareness, speed, passing, shooting, whether or not you think he could play the PK, etc.

Thanks!

Old
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
Blues fan here. I've heard a lot of talk about the Blues turning their interest towards Yandle if they strike out on getting a partner for Pietrangelo in free agency.

I see the offensive numbers are fantastic for Yandle but I've heard he isn't very physical and doesn't play against top lines very much. I also see he doesn't play on the PK much at all.

Can a few people give me a scouting report on Yandle? Physicality, defensive awareness, speed, passing, shooting, whether or not you think he could play the PK, etc.

Thanks!
He's a legitimate #1 D man. He's not known however for his physicality or defensive game. It's not that he isn't effective defensively. He just isn't required to play that role. He's an effective stick checker (which is what he utilizes more often) and with his speed he can effectively pinch and get back into the play. Lost in all this is the fact that Yandle does have a mean streak and can play physically. He's a leader and is generally very well regarded in the locker room. He's slated to be our next Captain if Doan elects to leave.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yandle shouldn't be on your PK. You should have other D to do that. He's going to be on your first pairing five on five and your first pp unit. If you've got hin killing penalties, too, your going to be playing him over thirty minutes a night.

If you've done a good job assembling your team, and if you have a good group of defenders you should have no reason to give Yandle a ton of pk time or the toughest matchups. You should have guys like Morris, Michalek, and Klesla that you can call upon for that.

Let Yandle do what Yandle does.

When he's on he's an elite offensive weapon, a charismatic, intense leader and a wonderfully entertaining player to watch.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
DesertDawg

...would the Blues be willing to pay what it would take?
ideally:
Backes
or
Sobotka and Oshie

the price will be high, no matter what... and think of the Coyotes wanting forwards preferably RW and/or Center, and draft picks do not help them out now.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I would not trade him for that.

I'd want a massive return, or I'd just hang on to him. I'd probably hang onto him even if I got a massive return.

If Shane Doan signs elsewhere, Yandle is our next captain. Then again, if Doan signs elsewhere, the return got by dealing Yandle is basically our only prayer of remaining competitive.

Schwartz to semi replace Whitney and Oshie to semi replace Doan. I'd demand both.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I would not trade him for that.

I'd want a massive return, or I'd just hang on to him. I'd probably hang onto him even if I got a massive return.

If Shane Doan signs elsewhere, Yandle is our next captain. Then again, if Doan signs elsewhere, the return got by dealing Yandle is basically our only prayer of remaining competitive.

Schwartz to semi replace Whitney and Oshie to semi replace Doan. I'd demand both.
Oshie, Cole, and a 1st would be our offer.

Sure you may not need Cole or the 1st but you can easily turn both into a quality winger at the trade deadline.

You won't get Schwartz and Oshie. We just can't give up both.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No interest in the pick or prospect.

I really do like Cole a lot and think he'll be solid. Like Rusty Klesla solid. Not a need. Neither is the pick. Why don't you go ahead and flip the pick and the prospect for a blueliner nowhere near Yandle's league? You can cut out the middle man. Nobody likes being middled.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
No interest in the pick or prospect.

I really do like Cole a lot and think he'll be solid. Like Rusty Klesla solid. Not a need. Neither is the pick. Why don't you go ahead and flip the pick and the prospect for a blueliner nowhere near Yandle's league? You can cut out the middle man. Nobody likes being middled.
Why would we want a lesser d-man?

Old
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Cue a certain Rolling Stones song....

Old
07-03-2012, 09:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Because you are unwilling to pay an appropriate price for an elite one.

Old
07-14-2012, 02:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If anyone wants a laugh, read the first 5-10 pages in this thread. I'm dumb.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Radim Vrbata?

Hi guys, this question is for my fantasy team. I was wondering if Vrbata production this year was a fluke? how will he do next season without Whitney? was he a product of Whitney?

Any input would be appreciated.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:25 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
Hi guys, this question is for my fantasy team. I was wondering if Vrbata production this year was a fluke? how will he do next season without Whitney? was he a product of Whitney?

A quick check of his past will show it wasn't a fluke. He definitely benefited from Whitney though, but I think Vrbata will still be a solid 2 way 50-55pt winger. I expect less goals but maybe a few more assists.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:38 AM
PPD7952

Send a message via AIM to PPD7952 Send a message via MSN to PPD7952 Send a message via Yahoo to PPD7952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post

I don't expect much drop off at all. Sullivan should be a decent replacement for Whitney, or they will find someone who can mesh with Vrbata and Hanzal. Hanzal's development will be the key to this success.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:05 AM
PhoPhan

I'm not sure how much Vrbata's production will decrease (though I do think last year will be the high water mark for his career), but I do expect a pretty steep dropoff from Whitney to Sullivan. He should be helpful on the powerplay but he won't be able to eat the same minutes at even strength (Whitney played about 25% more at ES last year, which is a ton for an old guy). I also don't really think Sullivan's the right linemate for Vrbata and Hanzal, as he's more of a shooter than Whitney is. Boedker makes sense on paper, but I see him slotting in with Doan and Vermette. Maybe Moss? That could be a hell of a puck possession line.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I would agree with the 50-55 point range. He probably wont score 35 goals but Id still expect 23-30.

And if sullivan doesnt click I could see Torres, Korpi or Boedker all given a shot. I do like keeping boedker with vermette and doan though

Old
07-16-2012, 09:16 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I know it's not terribly effective to use statistical analysis in this way, but concerning the shooter versus passer in the Sullivan versus Whitney question; 61% of Sullivan's career points are assists and 63% of Whitney's are assists. Pretty close.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:23 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
I know it's not terribly effective to use statistical analysis in this way, but concerning the shooter versus passer in the Sullivan versus Whitney question; 61% of Sullivan's career points are assists and 63% of Whitney's are assists. Pretty close.
The numbers are close, but I'd wager a lot more of Sullivan's assists came off rebounds.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:27 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

That's probably true.

Since Whitney is gone, however, I'd like to mention that I've recently remembered that in Vrbata's first season as a Coyote, he primarily played with then twenty one year old Martin Hanzal, and Freddy Sjostrom on what became known as the VHS line. Vrbata at 27 goals and 29 assists that season, which was just five points off of last year's output.

Also, once he returned from Tampa, but before Whitney was acquired, I believe the Czechs played primarily with Prucha and Pyatt in that LW spot. That was a low point for Radim with 24g and 43pts.

Sullivan has to be much better a fit than the likes of Sjostrom, Prucha, and Pyatt. Especially with a more mature Hanzal, that we all hope is going to take the next step.

Last edited by rt: 07-16-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old
07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
That's probably true.
From talking to a Pens fan friend of mine, though, it sounds like he was at least a pass-first guy in Pittsburgh, and I concede my memories of him being a shooter are from Nashville. It's possible he just wasn't shooting because was on a PP with Crosby, Malkin and Neal, but it's also possible he either changed his playing style over the years or just that I'm not remembering correctly.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Does anyone recall which of Schlemko or Klesla played the opposite side when they were a pair?

Closed Thread