HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2012, 09:17 PM
mitch27

vCash: 500
Who?

Old
08-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
I may have already abused my power here so sorry if so, just thought it was better here.

I also think that if DM really wanted to pay him he would of but getting an extra $2 million a year over what the Coyotes gave him before December is a lot. Perhaps if an owner was in place it would have been a different story.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Truth is, you won't like your responses, because we're not too fond of cop-outs like Turris.

However, my non-biased response is that he has all the right tools to be a 30 goal scoring center except for his lack of muscle. He gained a significant amount but i still don't think it'll be enough. He gets knocked off the puck too often and almost looks hesitant to get involved physically. If he gets over that, and puts on some weight, you guys should be prettt happy with him.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:53 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I hope he fails miserably and finds himself stashed away in the minors to hide his cap hit.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

I thank him for taking the playoff curse from the Coyotes to Ottawa

Old
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Seeing the picture of him with Murray signing the contract he looks like he's finally physically turned into a man. Now maybe he will start acting like one.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Hey guys, I'm in the process of writing a pretty lengthy paper on Social Media in hockey and I'm at the part where I'm talking about Bissonnette, was wondering if anyone had an article or even off hand comment on his effect on the Phoenix relocation situation?

I'm not finding anything myself, but was curious if he has had a positive effect in anyway due to his Twitter popularity and if he uses it to try and benefit the club in anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:50 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
was wondering if anyone had an article or even off hand comment on his effect on the Phoenix relocation situation?

I'm not finding anything myself, but was curious if he has had a positive effect in anyway due to his Twitter popularity and if he uses it to try and benefit the club in anyway.
I don't think he's had any impact either positive or negative regarding ownership. Like the rest of the players I suspect he just doesn't talk about it.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Paul might bring in a fan or two but the only player who has any effect would be Doan since him staying is a sign that the team is staying. Paul while a favorite in some circles really annoyed me with that whole tie down jersey mess in the playoffs.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Thanks for the responses so far, looks like I'll wrap it up early on him then and just stick to the obvious stuff. Just one more question then, would anyone here say his contract being renewed was largely in part due to his popularity as opposed to his play on the ice? Popularity both with his team and fans that is.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

He probably likes the area and management likes him in his current role. IMHO the positives are equaled out with critiques. I am just throwing this out there but his name brand probably ranks about sixth on the team among casual fans due to his twitter activity and his Taco Bell ads.

But that still is not bad just not the most well known at least among the people I know. Some other groups may be more educated.

Last edited by Naurutger: 08-31-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old
09-01-2012, 12:06 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Thanks for the responses so far, looks like I'll wrap it up early on him then and just stick to the obvious stuff. Just one more question then, would anyone here say his contract being renewed was largely in part due to his popularity as opposed to his play on the ice? Popularity both with his team and fans that is.
It wouldn't surprise me if that was part of it; but in general Bis seems like a guy who buys into the Tippet approach, can play a solid shift relative to his skill level, and the FO seems to like a fighter around. I haven't seen it but I'd guess he's pretty good in practice too. That seems to be a reason a lot of depth guys hang around in sports.

Old
09-01-2012, 01:08 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Paul might bring in a fan or two but the only player who has any effect would be Doan since him staying is a sign that the team is staying. Paul while a favorite in some circles really annoyed me with that whole tie down jersey mess in the playoffs.
I hate Paul, he is completely worthless to this team. Torres, while suspended, plays with a bigger edge, and actually makes a stat outside of penalty minutes. Not only that, when he fights, he goes in fists flying, he doesn't dance around for a minute before grabbing onto a jersey and looking to land a punch.

Why he is even in the NHL is absurd. He adds nothing of value to the team. I'm still pissed about the Kings/Coyotes game, where he finally got in a scrap only after there was Doan, Torres, and plenty of other scrums because of the Klesla hit early on. The fight he was in was totally out of the flow of the game. He should have been on the ice and causing havoc right after the hit on Klesla, but he wasn't.

Old
09-01-2012, 01:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Paul Bissonnette is not effective on the ice at all. Not in any role. Whether that's his fault or the fault of Dave Tippett is arguable. Has he lost his edge or is he simply been instructed by the boss to not show it? We will probably never know.

I like him because he reminds me a lot of those knucklehead buddies we all had growing up. I don't think he helps the team in any way. At least not on the ice.

I wish Kyle Chipchura had another inch or two and another ten or twenty pounds on him. He would then be the perfect NHL tough guy.

Old
09-07-2012, 05:43 AM
ziotree

Overview of coyotes please

Hi quick question to you Phoenix fans

Is it possible for some insight into the Phoenix roster please such as who are the star players, untouchables and up and coming studs and prospects.

Reason I ask is I'm a big flyers fan from the uk and I'm not really clued up on other teams players as there is no coverage of the NHL here in the uk. I know of the recognised players such as Oel, yandle and down etc but not about other players.

Reason I ask is because in the flyers board we have started an NHL 13 online gm mode and I picked Phoenix and I wanna get you to another Stanley cup final so all inside knowledge of the team and players would be a great help. Also I don't wanna get fleeced on trades.

Thanks again and hope foam resigns so I have him in my NHL 13 roster.

Old
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
Hi quick question to you Phoenix fans

Is it possible for some insight into the Phoenix roster please such as who are the star players, untouchables and up and coming studs and prospects.

Reason I ask is I'm a big flyers fan from the uk and I'm not really clued up on other teams players as there is no coverage of the NHL here in the uk. I know of the recognised players such as Oel, yandle and down etc but not about other players.

Reason I ask is because in the flyers board we have started an NHL 13 online gm mode and I picked Phoenix and I wanna get you to another Stanley cup final so all inside knowledge of the team and players would be a great help. Also I don't wanna get fleeced on trades.

Thanks again and hope foam resigns so I have him in my NHL 13 roster.
Haha. Is it down or foam? DOAN should we resigning any day now. Also, we made it to the western conf finals, not the Stanley cup. Smith is a stud and all our D are pretty awesome. Best of luck.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:17 PM
ziotree

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Haha. Is it down or foam? DOAN should we resigning any day now. Also, we made it to the western conf finals, not the Stanley cup. Smith is a stud and all our D are pretty awesome. Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply. Bloody predictive text with doan lol.

Shows how much I know about your club... Had it in my head you got to the Stanley cup final. Lots interest soon as my flyers got beat by the devils.

Looks like you have an awesome defence but lacking in a quality centre.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

Coyotes Player

Hello guys hows everything going. I have this annoying thought right now. I am trying to remember a Coyotes player that was around some time in the 2000's he was a skilled player and I believe played around the same time as Ladislav Nagy, I remember using Nagy and this other player in NHL video games as silly as that sounds. I can't for the life of me remember who it was, Ive checked rosters from previous years and still can't point out who it was, it was not Saprykin, Sjostrom or Brendl. any help?

Old
09-14-2012, 11:06 AM
doaner

Hanzeous?

Old
09-14-2012, 11:16 AM
yotesreign

Oh easy - that was Cale Hulse. or Brad May...

Old
09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Mike Johnson, Jan Hrdina, Mike Comrie, Steven Reinprecht, Yanic Perreault would be my guesses for forwards.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Deveraux
Handzus
Reinprecht
Johnson
Comrie
Zigomanis

Any ring a bell?

Old
09-14-2012, 04:24 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Kolanos, Novoseltsev (sp?), Lundmark and Taffe were generally rated pretty well in games as young players.

Berezin? Savage?

Old
09-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

In Your Opinion, Who is the Best Current Coyote?

I'm going with Vrbata. May be an off the board pick but i feel even amongst Coyote fans, this guy is under the radar. He does not get enough credit.

Old
09-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Rutkowski

Yandle. He gets a lot of crap for not being the best defensively but he isn't bad, he is actually pretty good. He is a player that would be great in pretty much any system, something many Coyotes can't claim they'd be.

Closed Thread