HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chi - Ott - Nyi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
  #26
winger17
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Very fair trade...I think the players that Chicago will recieve are the best of the bunch but all are great.

winger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
  #27
Bacon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
I wouldn't even consider trading Streit for Campbell straight up. Streit is better. Plus Campbell is twice as expensive.

Isles reject

ummm....did you even read the proposal? it's not just Streit for Campbell from the Isles perspective

Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
  #28
TMONT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
so we trade Heatley and Picard for someone who may or may not be a UFA, a terrible salary dump, a very late 1st round pick, and a 2nd line prospect?
This. It's pretty obvious when one team makes out like bandits that the trade is severely unbalanced. Versteeg is still unproven, and it looks like he's about to become an UFA anyways. Ottawa needs roster players to take over for Heatley, not late round draft picks and salary dumps. I'm shocked at the Ottawa fans areeing to this trade, even the Edmonton trade looks really good in comparison to this one. Even though this trade looks bad for Ottawa, it looks a million times worse for the Islanders who get shafted big time. Good luck getting rid of all your **** contracts, a couple young/future unproven prospects and replacing them with top end players Chicago...

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
  #29
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,958
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Move Chicago's first over to the Isles with a middling prospect going to Ottawa and it might have a chance.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
  #30
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,709
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Move Chicago's first over to the Isles with a middling prospect going to Ottawa and it might have a chance.
You really think a 1st rounder,somewhere in the 20's, is getting the isles to take on an extra $34m in payroll?C'mon

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:23 PM
  #31
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Move Chicago's first over to the Isles with a middling prospect going to Ottawa and it might have a chance.

And, take Campbell and Streit out of the deal.

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
  #32
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
so we trade Heatley and Picard for someone who may or may not be a UFA, a terrible salary dump, a very late 1st round pick, and a 2nd line prospect?
Sens say no.

Also, why would we want Sopel?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
  #33
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,793
vCash: 500
If Hawks so desperately want to unload Campbell's strategy, here is a more workable deal:

To Isles: Toews, Campbell
To Hawks: Bailey, Streit.

Toews>>> Bailey but Streit >>> Campbell and the imbalance in talent here makes up for the contract issues.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:45 PM
  #34
Zim
Registered User
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
If Hawks so desperately want to unload Campbell's strategy, here is a more workable deal:

To Isles: Toews, Campbell
To Hawks: Bailey, Streit.

Toews>>> Bailey but Streit >>> Campbell and the imbalance in talent here makes up for the contract issues.
The whole reason to trade Campbell is to prevent them possibly of not being able to afford Toews. Out of Toews, Kane and Keith Toews is the least likely one to be traded due to salary cap restrictions.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
  #35
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.
 
Wondercarrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Although i appreciate the offer to take our "headache" off our hands, maybe we'll just keep him so he doesnt become your headache.
unless of course you have something other than a potential UFA and a pile of garbage for one of the best hockey players in the world.

i may loathe him right now but not enough to cut my balls off.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:56 PM
  #36
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
The whole reason to trade Campbell is to prevent them possibly of not being able to afford Toews. Out of Toews, Kane and Keith Toews is the least likely one to be traded due to salary cap restrictions.
Obviously, Hawks aren't going to move Toews. The point though is that you don't unload a horrendous contract like that, and then take another team's best player, with out surrendering something very signficant. And, a late first or some OK young players is not going to do it. You'll have to pay with an asset at Toew's or Kane's level.

So, get used to seeing BC in a Hawk uniform. He'll be in Chicago for a while...

Maybe the only other alternative would be to do a bad contract for bad contract thing. Like, getting Drury or Roszival from the Ranger$ in a deal for BC.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
  #37
Chi55
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
How about

To Islanders: Sharp, Versteeg, and Campbell

To Hawks: Streit

The Hawks have too many wings and shed some much needed cap space to get a good d-man.

Versteeg was up for the Calder and Sharp is trying out for Team Canada

The Islanders get better with 2 guys that can put the puck in the net. Campbell is a slight downgrade to Streit but with Sharp and Versteeg, they are a better team offensively and they have the cap space to take on Campbell.

Chi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
  #38
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
If Hawks so desperately want to unload Campbell's strategy, here is a more workable deal:

To Isles: Toews, Campbell
To Hawks: Bailey, Streit.

Toews[>>>>>>>>>] Bailey but Streit [>] Campbell and the imbalance in talent here makes up for the contract issues.
Streit is only marginally better than Campbell and even thats arguable. Only his contract makes him much more valuable.

Go back to the original deal for a second.
What if Streit is completely removed?

To Chicago: Heatley

To NYI: Campbell, Brouwer, Picard

To OTT: Versteeg, Skille, Sopel, CHI 1st, NYI 3rd


Isles get Campbell, Brouwer, and Picard for a 3rd rounder. I think Snow takes that deal.


Last edited by salty justice: 07-07-2009 at 11:14 PM.
salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
  #39
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi55 View Post
How about

To Islanders: Sharp, Versteeg, and Campbell

To Hawks: Streit

The Hawks have too many wings and shed some much needed cap space to get a good d-man.

Versteeg was up for the Calder and Sharp is trying out for Team Canada

The Islanders get better with 2 guys that can put the puck in the net. Campbell is a slight downgrade to Streit but with Sharp and Versteeg, they are a better team offensively and they have the cap space to take on Campbell.
I'll give you a pass for this being your 1st post. But there is no way in hell Sharp is thrown into a deal just to unload Campbell.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:44 PM
  #40
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Streit is only marginally better than Campbell and even thats arguable. Only his contract makes him much more valuable.

Go back to the original deal for a second.
What if Streit is completely removed?

To Chicago: Heatley

To NYI: Campbell, Brouwer, Picard

To OTT: Versteeg, Skille, Sopel, CHI 1st, NYI 3rd


Isles get Campbell, Brouwer, and Picard for a 3rd rounder. I think Snow takes that deal.
I'd disagree with you about Streit vs. Campbell. At least last season, Streit was light years better. And, Campbell at his best, was always overrated.

And, once you start with the contracts, the scales get tipped way against you. Campbell's contract is as bad as any in the sport. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that is probably the worst in the NHL right now. At least with guys like Redden, there is frontloading so you don't get stung with the payroll hit.

You complain about including Sharp as incentive to move Campbell, but I don't think that would get it done. I think the likely cost would be Toews or Kane, which is essentially saying that BC will be a Hawk to the end of his contract.

However, that is all a moot point. Isles are not trading Streit, and they're not taking Campbell. It really doesn't matter how many iterations of these deals you guys offer up. Not happening.

And, I think the chances you unload Sopel's contract is only marginally better, btw. Probably doens't happen unless you take on salary in return.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM
  #41
Chi55
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Boom

Thanks for not tearing me a new one but now the rumor is we signed Versteed for 3 mil a year for 3 years. We just don't have the cap room going into next year having to sigh keith toews and kane. I would love to keep sharp and versteeg but the big 3are most important. I didnt think we had the cap room after signing hossa but now we added another 6 million with versteeg and barker.

I know sharp was banged up during the playoffs but he was on our 4th line during the detroit series. Streit is an upgrade on defense, we can't afford versteeg, so we're only selling sharp for an upgrade on d for less money if we get streit.

Chi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
  #42
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,592
vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
interesting

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 01:35 AM
  #43
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,958
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Streit is only marginally better than Campbell and even thats arguable. Only his contract makes him much more valuable.

Go back to the original deal for a second.
What if Streit is completely removed?

To Chicago: Heatley

To NYI: Campbell, Brouwer, Picard

To OTT: Versteeg, Skille, Sopel, CHI 1st, NYI 3rd


Isles get Campbell, Brouwer, and Picard for a 3rd rounder. I think Snow takes that deal.
Value wise this might work but I'm not seeing how adding 400k and then only losing three million in Versteeg helps us with the salary cap.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:00 AM
  #44
bones21212
Registered User
 
bones21212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: the underground
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
garth is willing to trade cap space for a contract dump.
but i dont think the man is idiotic enough too trade for campbells lunacy.

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:16 AM
  #45
Oshie97
Registered User
 
Oshie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,505
vCash: 500
It is going to be real hard for Chicago to trade Campbell, other teams will know they will be desperate to shed salary and have the upper hand. It's going to take a pick plus a couple of decent roster players for a team to take one of the worst contracts in the league. Not to mention there are very few teams able to add that amount of salary in the first place.


Last edited by Oshie97: 07-08-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:44 AM
  #46
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Streit is only marginally better than Campbell and even thats arguable. Only his contract makes him much more valuable.

Go back to the original deal for a second.
What if Streit is completely removed?

To Chicago: Heatley

To NYI: Campbell, Brouwer, Picard

To OTT: Versteeg, Skille, Sopel, CHI 1st, NYI 3rd


Isles get Campbell, Brouwer, and Picard for a 3rd rounder. I think Snow takes that deal.
It's not all about value.

1. Even if I agreed with you about Streit/Campbell, you don't trade a ufa signing who likes playing on the team and who has taken on a leadership role. It sends a bad message. I feel like a broken record saying this... Most Islander fans expect Streit to be named Captain to open training camp. He's going to lead the rebuild among the players. He is the veteran stability on this team, and there's not enough of it to begin with.

2. Why would the Isles spend their cap space on a puck-mover like Campbell? They dealt Campoli last year, a similar style of player, because they had too much of the same. If the Isles are going to use cap space, it's going to be for a winger with speed or size, and scoring ability. That's it. You can't get the kind of d-men they need on salary dumps.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:11 AM
  #47
JT 91 NYI*
 
JT 91 NYI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
ummm....did you even read the proposal? it's not just Streit for Campbell from the Isles perspective
Picard is not worth the extra 80 bajillion dollars owed to Campbell. No thanks.

...and Streit actually plays defense

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:15 AM
  #48
JT 91 NYI*
 
JT 91 NYI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
It's not all about value.

1. Even if I agreed with you about Streit/Campbell, you don't trade a ufa signing who likes playing on the team and who has taken on a leadership role. It sends a bad message. I feel like a broken record saying this... Most Islander fans expect Streit to be named Captain to open training camp. He's going to lead the rebuild among the players. He is the veteran stability on this team, and there's not enough of it to begin with.

2. Why would the Isles spend their cap space on a puck-mover like Campbell? They dealt Campoli last year, a similar style of player, because they had too much of the same. If the Isles are going to use cap space, it's going to be for a winger with speed or size, and scoring ability. That's it. You can't get the kind of d-men they need on salary dumps.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Well put

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.