HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chi - Ott - Nyi

Old
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
winger17

vCash: 500
Very fair trade...I think the players that Chicago will recieve are the best of the bunch but all are great.

winger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
I wouldn't even consider trading Streit for Campbell straight up. Streit is better. Plus Campbell is twice as expensive.

Isles reject

ummm....did you even read the proposal? it's not just Streit for Campbell from the Isles perspective

Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
TMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
so we trade Heatley and Picard for someone who may or may not be a UFA, a terrible salary dump, a very late 1st round pick, and a 2nd line prospect?
This. It's pretty obvious when one team makes out like bandits that the trade is severely unbalanced. Versteeg is still unproven, and it looks like he's about to become an UFA anyways. Ottawa needs roster players to take over for Heatley, not late round draft picks and salary dumps. I'm shocked at the Ottawa fans areeing to this trade, even the Edmonton trade looks really good in comparison to this one. Even though this trade looks bad for Ottawa, it looks a million times worse for the Islanders who get shafted big time. Good luck getting rid of all your **** contracts, a couple young/future unproven prospects and replacing them with top end players Chicago...

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Move Chicago's first over to the Isles with a middling prospect going to Ottawa and it might have a chance.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Move Chicago's first over to the Isles with a middling prospect going to Ottawa and it might have a chance.
You really think a 1st rounder,somewhere in the 20's, is getting the isles to take on an extra $34m in payroll?C'mon

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post

And, take Campbell and Streit out of the deal.

07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
so we trade Heatley and Picard for someone who may or may not be a UFA, a terrible salary dump, a very late 1st round pick, and a 2nd line prospect?
Sens say no.

Also, why would we want Sopel?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

If Hawks so desperately want to unload Campbell's strategy, here is a more workable deal:

To Isles: Toews, Campbell
To Hawks: Bailey, Streit.

Toews>>> Bailey but Streit >>> Campbell and the imbalance in talent here makes up for the contract issues.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
If Hawks so desperately want to unload Campbell's strategy, here is a more workable deal:

Toews>>> Bailey but Streit >>> Campbell and the imbalance in talent here makes up for the contract issues.
The whole reason to trade Campbell is to prevent them possibly of not being able to afford Toews. Out of Toews, Kane and Keith Toews is the least likely one to be traded due to salary cap restrictions.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Although i appreciate the offer to take our "headache" off our hands, maybe we'll just keep him so he doesnt become your headache.
unless of course you have something other than a potential UFA and a pile of garbage for one of the best hockey players in the world.

i may loathe him right now but not enough to cut my balls off.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
The whole reason to trade Campbell is to prevent them possibly of not being able to afford Toews. Out of Toews, Kane and Keith Toews is the least likely one to be traded due to salary cap restrictions.
Obviously, Hawks aren't going to move Toews. The point though is that you don't unload a horrendous contract like that, and then take another team's best player, with out surrendering something very signficant. And, a late first or some OK young players is not going to do it. You'll have to pay with an asset at Toew's or Kane's level.

So, get used to seeing BC in a Hawk uniform. He'll be in Chicago for a while...

Maybe the only other alternative would be to do a bad contract for bad contract thing. Like, getting Drury or Roszival from the Ranger$ in a deal for BC.

Old
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Chi55

How about

To Islanders: Sharp, Versteeg, and Campbell

To Hawks: Streit

The Hawks have too many wings and shed some much needed cap space to get a good d-man.

Versteeg was up for the Calder and Sharp is trying out for Team Canada

The Islanders get better with 2 guys that can put the puck in the net. Campbell is a slight downgrade to Streit but with Sharp and Versteeg, they are a better team offensively and they have the cap space to take on Campbell.

Chi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post

Toews[>>>>>>>>>] Bailey but Streit [>] Campbell and the imbalance in talent here makes up for the contract issues.
Streit is only marginally better than Campbell and even thats arguable. Only his contract makes him much more valuable.

Go back to the original deal for a second.
What if Streit is completely removed?

To Chicago: Heatley

To NYI: Campbell, Brouwer, Picard

To OTT: Versteeg, Skille, Sopel, CHI 1st, NYI 3rd

Isles get Campbell, Brouwer, and Picard for a 3rd rounder. I think Snow takes that deal.

Last edited by salty justice: 07-07-2009 at 11:14 PM.
salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi55 View Post
How about

To Islanders: Sharp, Versteeg, and Campbell

To Hawks: Streit

The Hawks have too many wings and shed some much needed cap space to get a good d-man.

Versteeg was up for the Calder and Sharp is trying out for Team Canada

The Islanders get better with 2 guys that can put the puck in the net. Campbell is a slight downgrade to Streit but with Sharp and Versteeg, they are a better team offensively and they have the cap space to take on Campbell.
I'll give you a pass for this being your 1st post. But there is no way in hell Sharp is thrown into a deal just to unload Campbell.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Streit is only marginally better than Campbell and even thats arguable. Only his contract makes him much more valuable.

Isles get Campbell, Brouwer, and Picard for a 3rd rounder. I think Snow takes that deal.
I'd disagree with you about Streit vs. Campbell. At least last season, Streit was light years better. And, Campbell at his best, was always overrated.

And, once you start with the contracts, the scales get tipped way against you. Campbell's contract is as bad as any in the sport. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that is probably the worst in the NHL right now. At least with guys like Redden, there is frontloading so you don't get stung with the payroll hit.

You complain about including Sharp as incentive to move Campbell, but I don't think that would get it done. I think the likely cost would be Toews or Kane, which is essentially saying that BC will be a Hawk to the end of his contract.

However, that is all a moot point. Isles are not trading Streit, and they're not taking Campbell. It really doesn't matter how many iterations of these deals you guys offer up. Not happening.

And, I think the chances you unload Sopel's contract is only marginally better, btw. Probably doens't happen unless you take on salary in return.

Old
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Chi55

Boom

Thanks for not tearing me a new one but now the rumor is we signed Versteed for 3 mil a year for 3 years. We just don't have the cap room going into next year having to sigh keith toews and kane. I would love to keep sharp and versteeg but the big 3are most important. I didnt think we had the cap room after signing hossa but now we added another 6 million with versteeg and barker.

I know sharp was banged up during the playoffs but he was on our 4th line during the detroit series. Streit is an upgrade on defense, we can't afford versteeg, so we're only selling sharp for an upgrade on d for less money if we get streit.

Chi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
interesting

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 01:35 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:

Value wise this might work but I'm not seeing how adding 400k and then only losing three million in Versteeg helps us with the salary cap.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:00 AM
bones21212

garth is willing to trade cap space for a contract dump.
but i dont think the man is idiotic enough too trade for campbells lunacy.

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Oshie97

It is going to be real hard for Chicago to trade Campbell, other teams will know they will be desperate to shed salary and have the upper hand. It's going to take a pick plus a couple of decent roster players for a team to take one of the worst contracts in the league. Not to mention there are very few teams able to add that amount of salary in the first place.

Last edited by Oshie97: 07-08-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:

It's not all about value.

1. Even if I agreed with you about Streit/Campbell, you don't trade a ufa signing who likes playing on the team and who has taken on a leadership role. It sends a bad message. I feel like a broken record saying this... Most Islander fans expect Streit to be named Captain to open training camp. He's going to lead the rebuild among the players. He is the veteran stability on this team, and there's not enough of it to begin with.

2. Why would the Isles spend their cap space on a puck-mover like Campbell? They dealt Campoli last year, a similar style of player, because they had too much of the same. If the Isles are going to use cap space, it's going to be for a winger with speed or size, and scoring ability. That's it. You can't get the kind of d-men they need on salary dumps.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:11 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
ummm....did you even read the proposal? it's not just Streit for Campbell from the Isles perspective
Picard is not worth the extra 80 bajillion dollars owed to Campbell. No thanks.

...and Streit actually plays defense

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:15 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
It's not all about value.

1. Even if I agreed with you about Streit/Campbell, you don't trade a ufa signing who likes playing on the team and who has taken on a leadership role. It sends a bad message. I feel like a broken record saying this... Most Islander fans expect Streit to be named Captain to open training camp. He's going to lead the rebuild among the players. He is the veteran stability on this team, and there's not enough of it to begin with.

2. Why would the Isles spend their cap space on a puck-mover like Campbell? They dealt Campoli last year, a similar style of player, because they had too much of the same. If the Isles are going to use cap space, it's going to be for a winger with speed or size, and scoring ability. That's it. You can't get the kind of d-men they need on salary dumps.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Well put

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote