HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Rank These Gloves

Old
06-14-2009, 11:45 PM
HockyStr99

vCash: 500
Rank These Gloves

Rank these gloves please and tell me anything you know about them

Easton Stealth S11 '09
Easton Stealth S17 '08

Louisville Response R8

HockyStr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:47 PM
raganblink

s11 is pretty comparable with the s17 from last season. but, they both suck. dont know about tps gloves b/c we didn't have those but the eastons overall were crappy. you're better of with a bonafide or bully warrior glove. should be around $100. awesome gloves for that price.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Easton's fit tighter, TPS fit looser. My cheap Easton 500's from a few years ago held up pretty decent, although my new TPS R8 Pro's are wearing down pretty fast.

I'm thinking about some One75's as I like a tighter fit.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 12:27 AM
iceman_88888888

very little difference between the s11 and s17. they're the "slim" fit and are not too bad. the r8 is a wider fit like the eagle gloves. they're super light but feel like they can take a lot of abuse. can't really go wrong with either. just grab a stick and roll it in your palms with the gloves on and see what feels best.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 12:32 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Easton's fit tighter, TPS fit looser. My cheap Easton 500's from a few years ago held up pretty decent, although my new TPS R8 Pro's are wearing down pretty fast.

I'm thinking about some One75's as I like a tighter fit.
Jarick, check out the One70's. I love mine. You might be able to find them cheap with the new line being out.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I didn't like the fit and feel of the One70's, and they looked really odd. The One75's look like a more normal glove and they seem to be softer and have just a bit more room in the fingers (which I like). Plus they seem to have a bit more cuff protection. I'll have to check them all out again.

Old
07-02-2009, 01:52 PM
94now

R8s are excellent and brake in fast. The problem is they brake down fast as well.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 05:10 PM
milkshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockyStr99 View Post
Rank these gloves please and tell me anything you know about them

Easton Stealth S11 '09
Easton Stealth S17 '08

Louisville Response R8
R8
S17
S11

milkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just tried on a bunch of gloves...

Warrior Bully - very, very comfortable, tighter fitting for a 4-roll style glove, looks good too, and very well priced. Palm felt good. Was very surprised, these might be a contender for my next glove.

Graf gloves (didn't see the model) - also very comfortable, hybrid of 4-roll and modern glove, very surprised by these too, although I know nothing about them.

Bauer One75 - comfortable, felt broken in, but the gloves don't feel quite as solid as the One95's, especially for the money. Cuff felt a little too limiting. Looks a little odd.

Bauer One95 - more comfortable and felt 100% broken in, seemed very protective, adjustable cuff was nice, expensive though and looks a little odd.

Easton S17 - felt good but too long in the palm, which made the cuff way too restrictive. S11 was similar but lighter weight.

Eagle PPFi - probably the most comfortable and softest palm ever, fit was a little boxy (pressure at the back of the palm but a little room on either side of the hand), good cuff movement, very expensive.

Warrior Franchise - seems a little big and boxy, like the Eagle but looser fitting, didn't really feel worth the money.

Bauer 4-Roll - way too big for the size, but the next size down was too short. Good for the money if they fit.

Bauer XXV - good modern fitting glove, good cuff movement, looks a little odd, but an okay value.

TPS R8 - very comfortable and feels almost broken in, too big and roomy, especially after they break in, seem to break down quickly.

I can't remember which glove it was but one of them seemed to limit the thumb movement way too much, might have been the Bully or the One75, it was one of the gloves I was considering buying.

Old
07-02-2009, 09:09 PM
goord*

re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Just tried on a bunch of gloves...

Warrior Bully - very, very comfortable, tighter fitting for a 4-roll style glove, looks good too, and very well priced. Palm felt good. Was very surprised, these might be a contender for my next glove.

Graf gloves (didn't see the model) - also very comfortable, hybrid of 4-roll and modern glove, very surprised by these too, although I know nothing about them.

Bauer One75 - comfortable, felt broken in, but the gloves don't feel quite as solid as the One95's, especially for the money. Cuff felt a little too limiting. Looks a little odd.

Bauer One95 - more comfortable and felt 100% broken in, seemed very protective, adjustable cuff was nice, expensive though and looks a little odd.

Easton S17 - felt good but too long in the palm, which made the cuff way too restrictive. S11 was similar but lighter weight.

Eagle PPFi - probably the most comfortable and softest palm ever, fit was a little boxy (pressure at the back of the palm but a little room on either side of the hand), good cuff movement, very expensive.

Warrior Franchise - seems a little big and boxy, like the Eagle but looser fitting, didn't really feel worth the money.

Bauer 4-Roll - way too big for the size, but the next size down was too short. Good for the money if they fit.

Bauer XXV - good modern fitting glove, good cuff movement, looks a little odd, but an okay value.

TPS R8 - very comfortable and feels almost broken in, too big and roomy, especially after they break in, seem to break down quickly.

I can't remember which glove it was but one of them seemed to limit the thumb movement way too much, might have been the Bully or the One75, it was one of the gloves I was considering buying.

I will buy them.

goord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You interested in the R8 Pro's? I'll shoot you a PM if so.

Old
07-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Grabbed those One75's last night...going to toss the R8's and Vector Pros on eBay soon. Hope they break in quick!