HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Campbell & 1st Rounder - Any takers?

Old
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
4thliner*

vCash: 500
I think Chicago needs to move Campbell and add their top prospect and as well as their 2nd best one if that is what it takes to get it done. If they don't it will surely cost them 2 good players in Toews and Kane after a year.

Who can take on such a contract? Maybe a rebuilding team that is starving for young bluechip talent bad i.e. Toronto. I would add Islanders too ap issues any time soon but I don't think they wanna pay the money.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
Next year's draft could be the strongest of the past 3. The year after is supposed to be one of the worst in a long time.

Top Prospects for 2010

Potential Franchise Players
Hall
Kabanov
Gormley
Fowler

Potential Star Players
Pulkkinen
McFarland
Granlund

Others with very high potential
Merrill
Pettersson
Pysyk
Gudbranson
Howse
Very good players, but like the quote below me......the franchise tag gets thrown around too much.

There will be top line players available, but franchise players are generational talents. ie Ovechkin, Crosby etc. NOT the Spezza's, Tavares', and Heatley's of the league.

NOt to mention who is Howse....becuase Ryan Howse was taken by Calgary in the 3rd this year, maybe you meant Hishon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
the 'franchise' tag is thrown around WAY too much.. I like Gormley a lot but he's not a "potential franchise". He's really good, I might even say his peak is "potential star", but not a FRANCHISE player (i.e. Ovechkin, Malkin, maybe a Lidstrom).

I'd like say the same about hall, Fowler and Kabanov
I agree 100%, they will likely be top line stars on their teams, on top pairing defensman, but not Franchise players.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote