HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three retired players you would clone today for the CAPS!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2009, 12:14 PM
  #26
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,573
vCash: 1300
errr Dino at 1RW. Just keep that robe on. Oates is what we need at 2C.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:02 AM
  #27
SDBondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Kevin Kaminski
Larry Robinson
Bob Probert

This team needs heart, brains and a coked-up fighter.

SDBondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
  #28
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,859
vCash: 500
Kaminski wouldn't even crack the lineup. Probert in his 3-4 good goalscoring seasons (especially 87-88)....sure.


Check out his 87-88 season stats...mind boggling for a tough guy. Hell of a playoff run too.


1987-88 Detroit Red Wings NHL

GP G A Pts PIM
74 29 33 62 398

Playoffs
GP G A Pts PIM
16 8 13 21 51

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 03:02 PM
  #29
dbui72
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Someone pick of Mike Ridley is so right, he was very underrated and a good player.

For those of you who do not know Mike Ridley.

http://washingtoncapitalslegends.blo...ke-ridley.html

Yeah he would be an awesome 2nd line center for us today.

I wonder if he ever played RW, because he maybe a better fit with OVI than Bondra on the RW.

dbui72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
  #30
blueberrydanish
Registered User
 
blueberrydanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
I like the people choosin Stevens, exactly the kinda of defenseman the caps need.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 01:38 AM
  #31
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui72 View Post
Someone pick of Mike Ridley is so right, he was very underrated and a good player.

For those of you who do not know Mike Ridley.

http://washingtoncapitalslegends.blo...ke-ridley.html

Yeah he would be an awesome 2nd line center for us today.

I wonder if he ever played RW, because he maybe a better fit with OVI than Bondra on the RW.
Rids was one of my favorite players. IMO, still one of the best trades ever for the Caps getting him and Kelly Miller.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 11:07 AM
  #32
MDHockey
Registered User
 
MDHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Country: Norway
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MDHockey
Michal Pivonka
Alan May
Dave Poulin

MDHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
  #33
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,852
vCash: 500
C Henri Richard
D Doug Harvey
LW Ted Lindsay

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 09:59 PM
  #34
DaleHunter
Registered User
 
DaleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Caps I'd clone: Stevens, Hunter, Langway (though Tinordi, Bondra, Iafrate and Dino are also great picks)

Caps that have yet to be mentioned (or I just missed them in a previous post): Yvon Labre, Mike Gartner, Bobby Carpenter

NHL players: Eric Lindros (pre-concussion era, he was a beast), Tony Twist, Ulf Samuelsson

Honorable mentions to Doug Gilmour, Kirk Muller and Pavel Bure

DaleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
  #35
capswincup
Registered User
 
capswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West,By God,Virgina
Country: United States
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
BobbyGould...for knocking Mario the hell out.

But seriously, Stevens is a lock. I'm going Pivonka for 2C, imagine him with Semin on his wing. I love Huntsy, so I'm gonna say him for #3.

capswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 01:00 AM
  #36
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Stevens is the obvious choice. But Mike Ridley would be perfect for this team.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 05:58 AM
  #37
Kegger
Registered User
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter View Post
Caps I'd clone: Stevens, Hunter, Langway (though Tinordi, Bondra, Iafrate and Dino are also great picks)

Caps that have yet to be mentioned (or I just missed them in a previous post): Yvon Labre, Mike Gartner, Bobby Carpenter

NHL players: Eric Lindros (pre-concussion era, he was a beast), Tony Twist, Ulf Samuelsson

Honorable mentions to Doug Gilmour, Kirk Muller and Pavel Bure
Yeah, so long as Stevens and Lindros are cloned to be on the same team (pre-concussion) that would work out great.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
  #38
capswincup
Registered User
 
capswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West,By God,Virgina
Country: United States
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
Stevens is the obvious choice. But Mike Ridley would be perfect for this team.
Rids was a player at that time, but the game has gotten faster. i think Pivo had the wheels to keep up.

capswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
  #39
capswincup
Registered User
 
capswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West,By God,Virgina
Country: United States
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Rids was one of my favorite players. IMO, still one of the best trades ever for the Caps getting him and Kelly Miller.
Are you kidding? Crawford was this gem in that deal.

capswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
  #40
Whopper88
Registered User
 
Whopper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
This guy ranked it as the 4th worst trade of all times.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...t-trades_N.htm

Whopper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:39 PM
  #41
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,573
vCash: 1300
that dude is wrong. the best trade in caps history was the one that put us on the map.

Langway Engbloom Locker and Jarvis for Ryan Walter and Rick Green.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
  #42
frasnap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: VA/NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
that dude is wrong. the best trade in caps history was the one that put us on the map.

Langway Engbloom Locker and Jarvis for Ryan Walter and Rick Green.
I was wondering about that. Seemed a bit odd for him to say it was the best trade by far.

frasnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 08:50 PM
  #43
Berglund1313
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Forsberg
Lindros
Stevens

Berglund1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
  #44
backs4mvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burlington, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Lindros ( minor DNA alteration so he learns to skate with his head up )
Stevens
Hasek - Best goalie to every play the game

backs4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
  #45
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Konstantinov
Larionov
Forsberg or Fedorov in prime years.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 12:55 PM
  #46
Codependent
Fail for Nail!
 
Codependent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
I'm going with maybe not the est three former Caps but guys who really fill the roles out well and that I personally like; so I decided to bring in 3 pure grit players. Dino as the garbage man. Dale to resolve the question of leadership and provide that all around player and of course Tinner, who will officially be our new heavy, our crease clearer, and our Crosby decimator. This group should eliminate the need for an exclusive enforcer and end the question of net crashing, dirty goals. Bad ass.

RW- Dino "the Dinosaur" Ciccarelli

C - Dale Hunter

D - Mark Tinordi

Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
  #47
jgravessimcoe
Registered User
 
jgravessimcoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: niagara
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
I know they both played left wing, but I think Ovie and wendel clark on the same line would be outrageous.
I think even western conference teams would shudder at the thought of that one.

jgravessimcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2009, 12:33 AM
  #48
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 4,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Ray Bourque

Patrick Roy

Mark Messier
This. Exactly.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
  #49
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codependent View Post
I'm going with maybe not the est three former Caps but guys who really fill the roles out well and that I personally like; so I decided to bring in 3 pure grit players. Dino as the garbage man. Dale to resolve the question of leadership and provide that all around player and of course Tinner, who will officially be our new heavy, our crease clearer, and our Crosby decimator. This group should eliminate the need for an exclusive enforcer and end the question of net crashing, dirty goals. Bad ass.

RW- Dino "the Dinosaur" Ciccarelli

C - Dale Hunter

D - Mark Tinordi
Pretty good...

I'd take Hunter, Tinordi and Stevens tho. Our D is horrendous and having Tinordi AND Stevens back there would make us infinitely more mean and disastrously tough.

No chance I would pass up Dale Hunter. The ultimate heart and soul player who could pick up a garbage goal here and there himself.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.