HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poile

Old
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Poile

first of all, let me state that this man does a great job in building a winning team. But I want to see Nashville be a "playoff" team first off.

All the talent out there and NO MOVES AT ALL, then you read in the Tennessean from him saying,

"well there are some forwards we are still looking at, or maybe we will trade for someone to play on our top 2 lines," But in reality, all he is doing is feeding us fans more bull****.

Why say it if you are not going to do it????

What is a couple million when you are in a multi billion dollar business???

Sign Afinogenov!!! Sign Koivu!!!! Sign Kotalik!!!! Sign someone that will scores some goals. I also think this whole defense first approach is getting old, we have soooooo much D, we need goals now, and alot more than this team can produce if we want to make the playoffs.

I am not criticizing the man, but I think he should be a HECK of alot more proactive and get us AT LEAST 1 proven point getter, if not 2!
If this team is in such financial crisis we cannot even do that, why the heck did we not just sell to Balsillie???

Get er done!!!! It is getting annoying watching all of our rivals stacking up huge while we sit as usual.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Jarnberg

Do you read the other threads posted here?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Do you read the other threads posted here?
beaten to the punch

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 12:48 AM
predfan24

How soon we forget all the chances Poile took in 05-06 and 06-07 when he felt we were contenders.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:39 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
How soon we forget all the chances Poile took in 05-06 and 06-07 when he felt we were contenders.
well, honestly, I see that thrown around a lot, but I wouldn't say he ever really "took chances."

We traded our first in possibly the worst draft since 99 and legendary nonachiever Kris Beech for Brendan Witt in 05-06.

We traded our first(which we later got back), Upshall(who through injuries and inconsistent play, was forever struggling to hold a roster spot and was no better than Vernon Fiddler at that point), and Ryan Parent ( who is now a solid, though somewhat unspectacular defenseman that isn't really anything special for Forsberg.

That's two trades I can think of in our history that one could say were "chancey."

The rest of our history is riddled with Jan Hlavacs, Oleg Petrovs, and Steve Dubinskys. Safe trades that did butt to help us out when we were likely pretty close to being a pretty good team.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 08:58 AM
lugnut76

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

We traded our first(which we later got back), Upshall(who through injuries and inconsistent play, was forever struggling to hold a roster spot and was no better than Vernon Fiddler at that point), and Ryan Parent ( who is now a solid, though somewhat unspectacular defenseman that isn't really anything special for Forsberg.
I think it is easy to make this statement in hindsight, knowing what each player has turned into. At the time, Upshall and Parent seemed like bigger losses because they had some upside (which I think is still the case). Maybe they were overvalued at the time, but it did seem risky to me at the time.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
hey hey now, dont forget Jon Sim, Bombadir, and Zholtok!

We should just sticky a Poile is kinda awesome but really sucks thread.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:12 AM
echlfreak

Poile signs a SAFE team, one that will never raise the expectations too high and one that will never bring them to low.

He looks for good people with character who will not spout off their mouths about the truth behind this organization.

He rarely makes a big splash in any market, yet always builds for a future that never becomes the present. YOu can argue before the sale of the team that he did, but that was more so Leopold.

Has won about 7 playoff series in his entire career...almost 30 years

Has only fired about 3 coaches in his career

He is very content with just keeping a team in Nashville...unfortunately/fortunately that is the main goal and not the Stanley Cup. This team wins on hopes and prayers, not by putting a full team out there...Too Bad, because with the players that they do have they could be great!

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
hey hey now, dont forget Jon Sim, Bombadir, and Zholtok!

We should just sticky a Poile is kinda awesome but really sucks thread.
I'd subscribe

Poile does suck and so does his no neck coach. Was looking on hockey buzz to feed some more of my off-season hockey fix and while looking @ Brandon Felder's development camp blog I noticed this one that I missed back in June.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...&blogger_id=94

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote