HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

09-10 lineup starting season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2009, 01:07 PM
  #26
Retail1LO
Registered User
 
Retail1LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
I'd like to see Buff and/or Steeger getting top six playing time for what we're paying them. Would rather see Ladd on the 3rd line. But whatever works best. We can certainly afford to juggle players amongst the top 9 to see where everyone's best fit is.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
  #27
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
My Forward Lineup:

Versteeg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Ladd-Madden-Byfuglien
Eager-Kopecky-Burish

Rationale:

1. Top two lines have: best six offensive players.
2. Top two lines have: two defensively responsible players + one "not so defensively orriented" player - spread out the defensive deficiencies.
3. Top two lines have: #1 line talent opponents will have to defend.
4. Third line has: physicality, defensive responsibility and some offensive punch.
5. Fourth line has: rockem sockem energy and more offense than most fourth lines.
6. Kane should have sniper line mate capable of one-timers (Sharp - yes, Buff - no).

My Blue Line(up):
2+7
4+51
25+??

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
  #28
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 117,203
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
My Forward Lineup:

Versteeg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane

Ladd-Madden-Byfuglien
Eager-Kopecky-Burish

Rationale:

1. Top two lines have: best six offensive players.
2. Top two lines have: two defensively responsible players + one "not so defensively orriented" player - spread out the defensive deficiencies.
3. Top two lines have: #1 line talent opponents will have to defend.
4. Third line has: physicality, defensive responsibility and some offensive punch.
5. Fourth line has: rockem sockem energy and more offense than most fourth lines.
6. Kane should have sniper line mate capable of one-timers (Sharp - yes, Buff - no).

My Blue Line(up):
2+7
4+51
25+??
Those lines may work in East. But in West they would get crushed!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 07:03 AM
  #29
skipper49
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Huet had the chance when Khabibulin went down. And for a while he looked amazing. Then he completely started bombing (Penguins game for example) and it was clear everyone couldn't wait for Khabby to come back. Then going into playoffs and thru 1st round Khabibulin was amazing.
That's my point. He doesn't do well under stress. I think LA and the Capitals found this out. I really believe his contract is misleading. Maybe you guys will just be like Detroit and outscore all of your opponents in order to win. Good luck against a hot goalie.

skipper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:37 AM
  #30
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
That's my point. He doesn't do well under stress. I think LA and the Capitals found this out. I really believe his contract is misleading. Maybe you guys will just be like Detroit and outscore all of your opponents in order to win. Good luck against a hot goalie.
The Capitals...wahht? He went 11-2 for them down the stretch, with a .936 sv% and 1.63 gaa. EVERY game mattered like it was a playoff game, and every game he was huge. In the playoffs against Philadelphia, while he wasn't lights out for games 1-2, he was the reason they even went to 7 games.

Seriously, Huet did anything but "not do well" under stress last season and he has a good tenure with the Habs, where almost evey game is pressure filled.

And I fail to see how LA found out this when there currently isn't an ounce of pressure there?

It's things like this that piss me off. Huet has a bad game against Toronto 2 years ago after missing 2 months with an injury and people auto assume he's a choker: IT WAS A MISTAKE to play him that game, he was not ready for action yet and the only reason he did play is because the Habs OWED it to him.

/end rant

phew. :p

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 12:44 PM
  #31
TweetyLeaf
Registered User
 
TweetyLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
My educated guess what will be the lines in Helsinki if there are no injuries.

Sharp - Toews - Kane
Versteeg - Bolland - Hossa
Ladd - Madden - Kopecky
Brouwer - Burish - Eager

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Barker - Johnsson

Ladd and Versteeg might change places. Its also possible that Brouwer is not in the line up and Beach is in there instead but that would be mostly "marketing" reasons becouse Beach is highly more interesting player than Brouwer. And yes there is no Big Buff in that line up coz we are gonna trade one winger @ some point and i bet its Buffy.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 05:25 PM
  #32
xicethug13x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ADDISON
Country: United States
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post
My educated guess what will be the lines in Helsinki if there are no injuries.

Sharp - Toews - Kane
Versteeg - Bolland - Hossa
Ladd - Madden - Kopecky
Brouwer - Burish - Eager

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Barker - Johnsson

Ladd and Versteeg might change places. Its also possible that Brouwer is not in the line up and Beach is in there instead but that would be mostly "marketing" reasons becouse Beach is highly more interesting player than Brouwer. And yes there is no Big Buff in that line up coz we are gonna trade one winger @ some point and i bet its Buffy.
well i agree with most of this but i really hope your wrong about buff getting traded...i sincerly hope we trade versteeg and keep buff...buff is more valuable to us we need his size and going to the net and physicality ...we have enough skill without versteeg we need to be tougher though and getting rid of buff is a step in teh wrong direction

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
  #33
skipper49
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
The Capitals...wahht? He went 11-2 for them down the stretch, with a .936 sv% and 1.63 gaa. EVERY game mattered like it was a playoff game, and every game he was huge. In the playoffs against Philadelphia, while he wasn't lights out for games 1-2, he was the reason they even went to 7 games.

Seriously, Huet did anything but "not do well" under stress last season and he has a good tenure with the Habs, where almost evey game is pressure filled.

And I fail to see how LA found out this when there currently isn't an ounce of pressure there?

It's things like this that piss me off. Huet has a bad game against Toronto 2 years ago after missing 2 months with an injury and people auto assume he's a choker: IT WAS A MISTAKE to play him that game, he was not ready for action yet and the only reason he did play is because the Habs OWED it to him.

/end rant

phew. :p
Scuttlebutt is that Huet didn't fit into the chemistry of the guys in Washington. If the truth were known the coach didn't trust him either. Sorry to add but he was terrible in shoot-outs. It was basically a given that if you could take him to a shoot-out that he would freeze on the skater. His lateral movement is very challenged and he doesn't appear to follow the puck very well, thus lets in some pretty soft goals. If LA thought he was so great he would still be there right? or in Montreal perhaps and Carey Price wouldn't be the basket case he is now.

skipper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 03:23 AM
  #34
BrightFutures
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
My lines:

I don't think anyone gets traded..

Line 1) Sharpie-Toews-Kane
Line 1A) Versteeg-Bolland-Hossa
3) Ladd-Madden-Buff
4) Eager-Kopecky-Burish

Keith-Seabs
Campbell-Hammer
Barker-Johnson

Brow could either be traded or just sent down. With lines like this we are under cap as long as Crawford is our backup. Ladd and Steeger can switch if it works better. If Hossa can play on the left with the kids then that would be nice. This would be a big body to make up for Kane and his poor D

BrightFutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:41 AM
  #35
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
Scuttlebutt is that Huet didn't fit into the chemistry of the guys in Washington. If the truth were known the coach didn't trust him either. Sorry to add but he was terrible in shoot-outs. It was basically a given that if you could take him to a shoot-out that he would freeze on the skater. His lateral movement is very challenged and he doesn't appear to follow the puck very well, thus lets in some pretty soft goals. If LA thought he was so great he would still be there right? or in Montreal perhaps and Carey Price wouldn't be the basket case he is now.
Wash didn't want to give him a 4th year on the contract. End of story. Anything that comes out after that is completely off topic IMO. And if they thought he wasn't a good fit - did they think that Theodore was a good fit? Huet was absolutely LIGHTS out in WASH coming down the stretch getting so why would you think that BB didn't trust him?

For a guy who lets in some pretty soft goals - Huet's got some pretty good stats.

So let me get this straight - you're blaming Huet because Gainey went to Price to soon? And it's Huets fault that LA has been a train wreck for 10 years? LA never gave Huet a chance, and moved him out of ignorance. The same thing is likely going to happen with CHI & Skille. Teams don't give the slow developing guys a chance, and someone else will pick up the tablescraps.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
  #36
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Those lines may work in East. But in West they would get crushed!
IMHO. I add: There is benefit in separating Toews and Kane.
The combination of Toews and Hossa and the other small top-6, Versteeg,
is undoubtedly our first line and will earn the opponents top defense.

The second line will will get the second defense.
There will be more room for Kane to move, find his favorite sniper Sharp.
Also enhancing Bolland's next step in becoming a top 6 center (we hope).

Versteeg-Toews-Hossa will not get crushed by any defence capable of skating with them.

I think those lines play to our strength which is a speed and skill attack.
We don't have a big team - those are the cards we've been dealt this season.
That hand is pretty good though. We may a dominating offense. Let's out-Detroit em.

I will keep my original top two lines, but I like TweetyLeaf's bottom six with a Buff back in the picture as he's not gone as far as I know.

My New ... Enahanced ... SC Winning Line up:
Versteeg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Ladd-Madden-Kopecky
Eager-Burrish/Frasor-Byfuglien

I really like that third line as a shutdown hardnose line.
And the double digit legit 4th line scorers could really be something.

I would keep using Buff in front on the PP - he could be Holmstrom-esque. A main reason to not trade him.

Defence and goaltending is pretty clear to all.
2+7
4+51
25+??

38/39
??

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
  #37
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
IMHO. I add: There is benefit in separating Toews and Kane.
The combination of Toews and Hossa and the other small top-6, Versteeg,
is undoubtedly our first line and will earn the opponents top defense.

The second line will will get the second defense.
There will be more room for Kane to move, find his favorite sniper Sharp.
Also enhancing Bolland's next step in becoming a top 6 center (we hope).

Versteeg-Toews-Hossa will not get crushed by any defence capable of skating with them.

I think those lines play to our strength which is a speed and skill attack.
We don't have a big team - those are the cards we've been dealt this season.
That hand is pretty good though. We may a dominating offense. Let's out-Detroit em.

I will keep my original top two lines, but I like TweetyLeaf's bottom six with a Buff back in the picture as he's not gone as far as I know.

My New ... Enahanced ... SC Winning Line up:
Versteeg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Ladd-Madden-Kopecky
Eager-Burrish/Frasor-Byfuglien

I really like that third line as a shutdown hardnose line.
And the double digit legit 4th line scorers could really be something.

I would keep using Buff in front on the PP - he could be Holmstrom-esque. A main reason to not trade him.

Defence and goaltending is pretty clear to all.
2+7
4+51
25+??

38/39
??
Kopecky doesn't belong on the fourth line even, much less on the third. Hopefully we have the cash to sit his ass in the press box where it belongs.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
  #38
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Why is everyone so content on splitting Ladd and Bolland up? Those two have great chemistry together already. Toss Hossa on their line. They will be better both defensively and offensively with Hossa as opposed to Havlat. Steeger and Byfuglien play well together too. Hopefully Madden can fill Pahlsson's skates and then some.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
  #39
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Kopecky doesn't belong on the fourth line even, much less on the third. Hopefully we have the cash to sit his ass in the press box where it belongs.

Hopefully we didn't pay him that kind of money because mgmt thought he shouldn't dress. He didn't play in the WCF because he was injured - I thought.
When he played against us in the season he averaged about 10mins TOI of high energy, good skating, good hitting. Played on the PK. Capable of playing wing on a shutdown line - imo. Course - tis the time of the year to be sipping the Kool Ade.

It's just semantecs, but last year's "third line" was really our second line.
It just happened to be the line most capable of d'ing up the opponents #1 line.
Ladd is still there. Madden is a Selke winner. And Kopecky can be replaced if a bust.
Ths year not called on to score, it is more of a traditional third line.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:46 PM
  #40
Sean Avery*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
Pretty much no matter how you make the lines they look good. I am pretty sure you could draw names out of a hat and it would still be a better four lines than half of the teams in the NHL could put together.

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:01 PM
  #41
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Hopefully we didn't pay him that kind of money because mgmt thought he shouldn't dress. He didn't play in the WCF because he was injured - I thought.
When he played against us in the season he averaged about 10mins TOI of high energy, good skating, good hitting. Played on the PK. Capable of playing wing on a shutdown line - imo. Course - tis the time of the year to be sipping the Kool Ade.

It's just semantecs, but last year's "third line" was really our second line.
It just happened to be the line most capable of d'ing up the opponents #1 line.
Ladd is still there. Madden is a Selke winner. And Kopecky can be replaced if a bust.
Ths year not called on to score, it is more of a traditional third line.
So now we're paying Byfuglien $3m to skate 8 minutes a night to avoid paying Kopecky $1.2m to do the same? 10 minutes of energy means he belongs with Eager and Burish.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:17 PM
  #42
crazyforhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,841
vCash: 500
Sweet looking team.....Huet can play well -if not -it is a good season for him to struggle as there are a glut of goalies you could sign if he is really bad(doubt)and or trade deadline as it seems at first glance that nothing is missing off this team
Your team has a good shot at the president trophy this year.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 12:05 PM
  #43
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
So now we're paying Byfuglien $3m to skate 8 minutes a night to avoid paying Kopecky $1.2m to do the same? 10 minutes of energy means he belongs with Eager and Burish.
Oh sure ... pull out the facts on me. As to the economics, your point is well taken.

I just figure Buff and Kopecky will both play - the question becomes where to use them to receive the best payback for the team. Buff has upside to his game, but his skating scares me. He is a blowout waiting to happen. I think counting on him to be one of the top three defensive forwards on what should be a more traditional shutdown 3rd line is not the best place for his talent set. Kopecky may not be the right fit either but I think a case can be made to reserve judgement on that until we see more of him close up.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 10:51 AM
  #44
yellowtree
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
How do you think about pp and pk lines?

yellowtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:35 PM
  #45
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBlackHawk27 View Post
How do you think about pp and pk lines?
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Barker-Campbell

Byfuglien-Bolland-Hossa
Keith-Seabrook

Madden-Burrish/Fraser
Keith-Seabrook

Sharp-Versteeg
Barker-Hjalmarsson

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 02:39 PM
  #46
Sean Avery*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Barker-Campbell

Byfuglien-Bolland-Hossa
Keith-Seabrook

Madden-Burrish/Fraser
Keith-Seabrook

Sharp-Versteeg
Barker-Hjalmarsson
Good lord will I love our PP this year... which teams have a better 2 units on the PP?

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 03:43 PM
  #47
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Barker-Campbell

Byfuglien-Bolland-Hossa
Keith-Seabrook

Madden-Burrish/Fraser
Keith-Seabrook

Sharp-Versteeg
Barker-Hjalmarsson
There's no way Versteeg would be on the PK over Bolland. Hossa will probably substitute for Burish/Fraser since both of them will likely be scratched to start the season anyways.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 04:01 PM
  #48
Hawksfan12*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Assuming Steeg is traded for A def. dman like a train then this will be the roster)or something like this)

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Beach-Bolland-Hossa
Ladd-Madden-Buff
Eager-Burish-Kops

Keith-Seabs
Hammer-Soup
Barks-A Train

Huet
Crawford/Niemi

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2009, 09:17 AM
  #49
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
There's no way Versteeg would be on the PK over Bolland. Hossa will probably substitute for Burish/Fraser since both of them will likely be scratched to start the season anyways.
Yep - I agree. It was just an oversight on my part. My adjusted PP forward lines would be:

Madden-Burrish/Fraser
and
Sharp-Bolland

with Versteeg as first substitute.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2009, 01:48 AM
  #50
Flapjack*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My kinda town
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Assuming Steeg is traded for A def. dman like a train then this will be the roster)or something like this)

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Beach-Bolland-Hossa
Ladd-Madden-Buff
Eager-Burish-Kops

Keith-Seabs
Hammer-Soup
Barks-A Train

Huet
Crawford/Niemi

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.