HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sens vs Bolts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2004, 09:42 PM
  #1
SumOfUs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kanata Lakes
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Sens vs Bolts

Wow, this game just finished and what a game it was. This has to be the most exciting game I've seen in a long time with end to end action, few wistles and great saves. Not only that but the game came down to the wire. It was 1-1 after 1, 2-2 early in the third and then 4 goals were scored in the last 3 minutes. Ottawa ended up winning in overtime, great game! I hope these teams play in the 2nd round. Anyone else catch the game?

SumOfUs is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:45 PM
  #2
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumOfUs
Wow, this game just finished and what a game it was. This has to be the most exciting game I've seen in a long time with end to end action, few wistles and great saves. Not only that but the game came down to the wire. It was 1-1 after 1, 2-2 early in the third and then 4 goals were scored in the last 3 minutes. Ottawa ended up winning in overtime, great game! I hope these teams play in the 2nd round. Anyone else catch the game?
Yep it was awesome...it seemed both teams just opened it up and went all out for the 2 points. I think Ottawa had a lot more chances in OT though...they played a very solid game.

Sting is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
  #3
TelperiŽn
Registered User
 
TelperiŽn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Country: England
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
Saw the game. A good one too. A sad part was when Lecavalier had the best chance during Ottawa's 4-minute powerplay (esp since they've had 8 shorthanded goals or something like that). I almost thought it was over when the late powerplay goal put the lightning ahead with 3 minutes left. So kudos to Ottawa for getting back on track.

TelperiŽn is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
  #4
TexSen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have to turn that idiot color commentator on mute half way through the game.

1) It wasn't boarding numb nuts because Lukowich was at least 6 feet out from the boards.

2) It wasn't icing numb nuts because the puck hit a Lightning player.

3) Stuff like "the NHL is no place for on the job training for officials" is completely uncalled for and frankly unprofessional as a broadcaster of NHL games. Just because YOU don't agree with the call doesn't make it wrong.

I hope the Sunshine networks doesn't get any playoff broadcasts. That might be cruel and unusual punishment.

(p.s. Don't come with your "Well Millen sucks too" talk. We know. We don't like him either)

TexSen is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 09:59 PM
  #5
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Those guys were 10x worse than Millen. Period. Talk about clueless, yeesh...they don't know half the rules of hockey and they're calling games.

Sting is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:01 PM
  #6
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Great ending to this game. I thought it was funny that the Sunshine announcers were talking about the reflexes of 'Bulin when he made that save in OT when actually, the puck just found it's way into his pads. One of those "Look what I found" cases.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
  #7
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Those guys were 10x worse than Millen. Period. Talk about clueless, yeesh...they don't know half the rules of hockey and they're calling games.
I thought it was horrible too, but I shouldn't talk b/c Rimmer sucks.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:04 PM
  #8
Cat Called Bobcat
Registered User
 
Cat Called Bobcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
What was with all the boos in the second period?

Booo!!!! Schaefer's nose got cut open on a high-stick. Booo!!!!!!

Booo!!!! The Lightning were obviously offside, but we'll still Booooo!!!! anyway.

Good for you for being so enthusiastic, but watch the freakin' game.

Cat Called Bobcat is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:12 PM
  #9
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Those guys were 10x worse than Millen. Period. Talk about clueless, yeesh...they don't know half the rules of hockey and they're calling games.
You talking about the guys on the Lightning station? If you are they are pretty bad...

STILLMAN SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOORES!!!!!!!!!!!

In ot: Phillips scores.

Plus they had no idea what was going on.. I liked how they complained about that big "boarding" hit that was thrown on a Lightning player (I forget who) in the second...

Karl Pilkington is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:17 PM
  #10
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
You talking about the guys on the Lightning station? If you are they are pretty bad...

STILLMAN SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOORES!!!!!!!!!!!

In ot: Phillips scores.

Plus they had no idea what was going on.. I liked how they complained about that big "boarding" hit that was thrown on a Lightning player (I forget who) in the second...
Haha exactly...everything went silent when Phillips scored..including the announcers. They made it sound as if nothing had happened and quietly were taken off...I had a good laugh to say the least. Neil nailed that Lukowich guy or something, and it clearly wasn't boarding. It was more than 3 feet from the boards, and it was a solid hit.

The worst part was how they were ignoring the Lightning holding the Sens' sticks on almost every play, and claiming harmless incidents were penalties. They need to be fired.

Sting is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
  #11
Oceanic39*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HFNHL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Great game if you're an Ottawa fan, yeah. If you're a Tampa fan, you're pointing to shoddy defense and inconsistent goaltending.

Why weren't you watching your game, Luongofan? Don't you have the 2nd half of Rick Dudley's ars to kiss, anyway?

Re: Color commentary...

1. Why not listen to the CTV broadcast that was on?
2. Yup, that's pretty much him. YES, you are correct. That wasn't boarding as he wasn't facing the wall. YES, you are correct, that hit a Lightning player. However, that was not offsides. The puck did not cross the blue line - it was sitting in the middle of it. The last icing the guy had his hand in the air and called it off. Why?
3. They know the rules. Like a lot of broadcasters (Rimmer is the worst, IMO), they see what they want to see and can afford to because 90% of their audience are TB fans. If you fire them, you fire every team-specific group as 90% in the league are horrid.

If Chara doesn't win the Norris it's a crime. It shouldn't even be close.

The Sens just own Tampa. I don't know if there's a mental block there or what, but TB cannot beat them.


Last edited by Oceanic39*: 03-29-2004 at 10:21 PM.
Oceanic39* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:22 PM
  #12
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Not my fault your announcers are cry babies.


Last edited by Sotnos: 03-30-2004 at 08:28 AM. Reason: personal attack deleted
Rattrick is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:26 PM
  #13
Oceanic39*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HFNHL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Not my fault your announcers are cry babies.
Definition of irony right there.

Rimmer is one step short of wearing a padded bra, red panties and waving pom poms from the booth.

But back to the game.

TB was flat out beat in a great game. TB can point to being 8-0 vs. PHI and Jersey and coming off a nice win against the Leafs, but they still have their problems vs. Ottawa and NYI. Things could be worse, though. We could be 30 points behind in our division.

Oceanic39* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:27 PM
  #14
edmontonoilers89
Registered User
 
edmontonoilers89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeimasensfan
What was with all the boos in the second period?

Booo!!!! Schaefer's nose got cut open on a high-stick. Booo!!!!!!

Booo!!!! The Lightning were obviously offside, but we'll still Booooo!!!! anyway.

Good for you for being so enthusiastic, but watch the freakin' game.
I was wondering that also. It's ok to boo...but in some of those cases it was just retarted. Did some of those fans know what offside was, I mean it was blatanly clear in one of those plays. Oh well. Why do I even care.

edmontonoilers89 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:29 PM
  #15
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
Definition of irony right there.

Rimmer is one step short of wearing a padded bra, red panties and waving pom poms from the booth.
Funny, because it's Potvin who complains and he is at least a credible source. Try again.

I am really trying to refrain from comments that will put this over the edge.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:41 PM
  #16
Cat Called Bobcat
Registered User
 
Cat Called Bobcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonoilers89
I was wondering that also. It's ok to boo...but in some of those cases it was just retarted. Did some of those fans know what offside was, I mean it was blatanly clear in one of those plays. Oh well. Why do I even care.
Fans in Ottawa are known to go a bit overboard on the booing when they think the call was bad, but wow the Tampa fans take the cake.

The offside call you mentioned is the best example.

Maybe they're just upset at being swept in the season series

Cat Called Bobcat is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:41 PM
  #17
Oceanic39*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HFNHL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
RE: Booing.....

The other night there was a bad call that gave the Capitals a PP. It was a horrible call, but nevertheless it was called. Anyway, the crowd booed the whole PK and the next day both TB papers had quotes from Jassen Cullimore, etc. saying how much they appreciated the fans doing that and how it was so loud they couldn't hear each other and "it helped them."

My guess is they tried to do the same tonight, though, IMO, they (and no disrespect to them) picked the wrong call to do it on. The guy was bleeding and Clymer's stick clearly hit him in the face. Easy call for the refs.

If the papers and TV don't run the comments from the Caps game the booing doesn't happen tonight. Not saying it's right, but that's probably why.

- - -

Oh, and sorry, Luongofan. Have a good night. Congrats on beating the Hurricanes.

Oceanic39* is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:42 PM
  #18
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
Oh, and sorry, Luongofan. Have a good night. Congrats on beating the Hurricanes.
Sorry myself for going a little overboard. Just didn't want to go down the endless road we have all been down 1000 times. I apologize.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:43 PM
  #19
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,625
vCash: 500
On behalf of all wings fans, thank you for only letting Tampa get a point in todays game. That gives us a 1 point edge with a game in hand. Only 1 more point to lock up the west!!

detredWINgs is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:51 PM
  #20
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,006
vCash: 500
I just like the fact that the fans are in the game now. Earlier in the year with big crowds the crowd was quiet. Yeah they boo some calls that shouldnt the high stick and some of the offsides, but there are some they really know when to boo (see Chara touching the puck at the red line and still icing on the Bolts or the St. Louis skating to the puck and has the edge on Phillips but is pulled down for no call in the offensive zone). I just hate seeing how the fans react to calls and how the commentators call the game instead of talking about a GREAT hockey game. I mean is it really that odd thats fans booo the right call or commentators want a call or make comments in the home teams favor?

Edit: Most interesting part of the game was Bondra/Taylor incident after Taylor made comments about Bondra in one of the local papers. Martin also took a little shot at the Lightning using the same old Southeast division excuse for the Lightning success. BOTH Taylor and Martin were out of line, but it makes for a real interesting story if these two teams meet later on.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
  #21
Cat Called Bobcat
Registered User
 
Cat Called Bobcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
RE: Booing.....

The other night there was a bad call that gave the Capitals a PP. It was a horrible call, but nevertheless it was called. Anyway, the crowd booed the whole PK and the next day both TB papers had quotes from Jassen Cullimore, etc. saying how much they appreciated the fans doing that and how it was so loud they couldn't hear each other and "it helped them."

My guess is they tried to do the same tonight, though, IMO, they (and no disrespect to them) picked the wrong call to do it on. The guy was bleeding and Clymer's stick clearly hit him in the face. Easy call for the refs.

If the papers and TV don't run the comments from the Caps game the booing doesn't happen tonight. Not saying it's right, but that's probably why.

- - -

Oh, and sorry, Luongofan. Have a good night. Congrats on beating the Hurricanes.
Ahhhh thank you for that, that makes ALOT more sense.

Cat Called Bobcat is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 11:03 PM
  #22
Cat Called Bobcat
Registered User
 
Cat Called Bobcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
I just like the fact that the fans are in the game now. Earlier in the year with big crowds the crowd was quiet. Yeah they boo some calls that shouldnt the high stick and some of the offsides, but there are some they really know when to boo (see Chara touching the puck at the red line and still icing on the Bolts or the St. Louis skating to the puck and has the edge on Phillips but is pulled down for no call in the offensive zone). I just hate seeing how the fans react to calls and how the commentators call the game instead of talking about a GREAT hockey game. I mean is it really that odd thats fans booo the right call or commentators want a call or make comments in the home teams favor?

Edit: Most interesting part of the game was Bondra/Taylor incident after Taylor made comments about Bondra in one of the local papers. Martin also took a little shot at the Lightning using the same old Southeast division excuse for the Lightning success. BOTH Taylor and Martin were out of line, but it makes for a real interesting story if these two teams meet later on.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the fans are in the game. The atmosphere seemed great.

And like I said, I find Ottawa fans 'over-boo' sometimes too. But I think the amount of booing we heard tonight IS odd - though what that other poster said puts it into context.

About the whole Bondra/Taylor thing...did you hear Bondra's reply? Something along the lines of "He [Taylor] still plays in the NHL? :p

Cat Called Bobcat is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 11:15 PM
  #23
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeimasensfan
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the fans are in the game. The atmosphere seemed great.

And like I said, I find Ottawa fans 'over-boo' sometimes too. But I think the amount of booing we heard tonight IS odd - though what that other poster said puts it into context.

About the whole Bondra/Taylor thing...did you hear Bondra's reply? Something along the lines of "He [Taylor] still plays in the NHL? :p
I didn't hear that one haha...damn Bondra is a pretty classy guy but I'm glad he took a shot back at that no-name.

Sting is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
  #24
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,006
vCash: 500
I'm hoping Torterella takes a shot back at Ottawa for what Martin said about his team. That would really make it interesting...

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
03-29-2004, 11:23 PM
  #25
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeimasensfan
And like I said, I find Ottawa fans 'over-boo' sometimes too. But I think the amount of booing we heard tonight IS odd - though what that other poster said puts it into context.
Hey if it helps the team then I'm all for booing the other teams PP. Some of the offsides were good calls and shouldnt be booed but stuff that looks clear on replays isnt as clear when your in the 300s on the opposite side of the ice.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.