HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sens vs Bolts

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2004, 09:42 PM
SumOfUs

vCash: 500
Sens vs Bolts

Wow, this game just finished and what a game it was. This has to be the most exciting game I've seen in a long time with end to end action, few wistles and great saves. Not only that but the game came down to the wire. It was 1-1 after 1, 2-2 early in the third and then 4 goals were scored in the last 3 minutes. Ottawa ended up winning in overtime, great game! I hope these teams play in the 2nd round. Anyone else catch the game?

Old
03-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumOfUs
Wow, this game just finished and what a game it was. This has to be the most exciting game I've seen in a long time with end to end action, few wistles and great saves. Not only that but the game came down to the wire. It was 1-1 after 1, 2-2 early in the third and then 4 goals were scored in the last 3 minutes. Ottawa ended up winning in overtime, great game! I hope these teams play in the 2nd round. Anyone else catch the game?
Yep it was awesome...it seemed both teams just opened it up and went all out for the 2 points. I think Ottawa had a lot more chances in OT though...they played a very solid game.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
TelperiŽn

Saw the game. A good one too. A sad part was when Lecavalier had the best chance during Ottawa's 4-minute powerplay (esp since they've had 8 shorthanded goals or something like that). I almost thought it was over when the late powerplay goal put the lightning ahead with 3 minutes left. So kudos to Ottawa for getting back on track.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
TexSen

I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have to turn that idiot color commentator on mute half way through the game.

1) It wasn't boarding numb nuts because Lukowich was at least 6 feet out from the boards.

2) It wasn't icing numb nuts because the puck hit a Lightning player.

3) Stuff like "the NHL is no place for on the job training for officials" is completely uncalled for and frankly unprofessional as a broadcaster of NHL games. Just because YOU don't agree with the call doesn't make it wrong.

I hope the Sunshine networks doesn't get any playoff broadcasts. That might be cruel and unusual punishment.

(p.s. Don't come with your "Well Millen sucks too" talk. We know. We don't like him either)

Old
03-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Sting

Those guys were 10x worse than Millen. Period. Talk about clueless, yeesh...they don't know half the rules of hockey and they're calling games.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Great ending to this game. I thought it was funny that the Sunshine announcers were talking about the reflexes of 'Bulin when he made that save in OT when actually, the puck just found it's way into his pads. One of those "Look what I found" cases.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Those guys were 10x worse than Millen. Period. Talk about clueless, yeesh...they don't know half the rules of hockey and they're calling games.
I thought it was horrible too, but I shouldn't talk b/c Rimmer sucks.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

What was with all the boos in the second period?

Booo!!!! Schaefer's nose got cut open on a high-stick. Booo!!!!!!

Booo!!!! The Lightning were obviously offside, but we'll still Booooo!!!! anyway.

Good for you for being so enthusiastic, but watch the freakin' game.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
You talking about the guys on the Lightning station? If you are they are pretty bad...

STILLMAN SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOORES!!!!!!!!!!!

In ot: Phillips scores.

Plus they had no idea what was going on.. I liked how they complained about that big "boarding" hit that was thrown on a Lightning player (I forget who) in the second...

Old
03-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
You talking about the guys on the Lightning station? If you are they are pretty bad...

STILLMAN SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOORES!!!!!!!!!!!

In ot: Phillips scores.

Plus they had no idea what was going on.. I liked how they complained about that big "boarding" hit that was thrown on a Lightning player (I forget who) in the second...
Haha exactly...everything went silent when Phillips scored..including the announcers. They made it sound as if nothing had happened and quietly were taken off...I had a good laugh to say the least. Neil nailed that Lukowich guy or something, and it clearly wasn't boarding. It was more than 3 feet from the boards, and it was a solid hit.

The worst part was how they were ignoring the Lightning holding the Sens' sticks on almost every play, and claiming harmless incidents were penalties. They need to be fired.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Oceanic39*

Great game if you're an Ottawa fan, yeah. If you're a Tampa fan, you're pointing to shoddy defense and inconsistent goaltending.

Why weren't you watching your game, Luongofan? Don't you have the 2nd half of Rick Dudley's ars to kiss, anyway?

Re: Color commentary...

1. Why not listen to the CTV broadcast that was on?
2. Yup, that's pretty much him. YES, you are correct. That wasn't boarding as he wasn't facing the wall. YES, you are correct, that hit a Lightning player. However, that was not offsides. The puck did not cross the blue line - it was sitting in the middle of it. The last icing the guy had his hand in the air and called it off. Why?
3. They know the rules. Like a lot of broadcasters (Rimmer is the worst, IMO), they see what they want to see and can afford to because 90% of their audience are TB fans. If you fire them, you fire every team-specific group as 90% in the league are horrid.

If Chara doesn't win the Norris it's a crime. It shouldn't even be close.

The Sens just own Tampa. I don't know if there's a mental block there or what, but TB cannot beat them.

Last edited by Oceanic39*: 03-29-2004 at 10:21 PM.
Old
03-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Rattrick

Not my fault your announcers are cry babies.

Last edited by Sotnos: 03-30-2004 at 08:28 AM. Reason: personal attack deleted
Old
03-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Oceanic39*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Not my fault your announcers are cry babies.
Definition of irony right there.

Rimmer is one step short of wearing a padded bra, red panties and waving pom poms from the booth.

But back to the game.

TB was flat out beat in a great game. TB can point to being 8-0 vs. PHI and Jersey and coming off a nice win against the Leafs, but they still have their problems vs. Ottawa and NYI. Things could be worse, though. We could be 30 points behind in our division.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:27 PM
edmontonoilers89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeimasensfan
What was with all the boos in the second period?

Booo!!!! Schaefer's nose got cut open on a high-stick. Booo!!!!!!

Booo!!!! The Lightning were obviously offside, but we'll still Booooo!!!! anyway.

Good for you for being so enthusiastic, but watch the freakin' game.
I was wondering that also. It's ok to boo...but in some of those cases it was just retarted. Did some of those fans know what offside was, I mean it was blatanly clear in one of those plays. Oh well. Why do I even care.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
Definition of irony right there.

Rimmer is one step short of wearing a padded bra, red panties and waving pom poms from the booth.
Funny, because it's Potvin who complains and he is at least a credible source. Try again.

I am really trying to refrain from comments that will put this over the edge.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonoilers89
I was wondering that also. It's ok to boo...but in some of those cases it was just retarted. Did some of those fans know what offside was, I mean it was blatanly clear in one of those plays. Oh well. Why do I even care.
Fans in Ottawa are known to go a bit overboard on the booing when they think the call was bad, but wow the Tampa fans take the cake.

The offside call you mentioned is the best example.

Maybe they're just upset at being swept in the season series

Old
03-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Oceanic39*

RE: Booing.....

The other night there was a bad call that gave the Capitals a PP. It was a horrible call, but nevertheless it was called. Anyway, the crowd booed the whole PK and the next day both TB papers had quotes from Jassen Cullimore, etc. saying how much they appreciated the fans doing that and how it was so loud they couldn't hear each other and "it helped them."

My guess is they tried to do the same tonight, though, IMO, they (and no disrespect to them) picked the wrong call to do it on. The guy was bleeding and Clymer's stick clearly hit him in the face. Easy call for the refs.

If the papers and TV don't run the comments from the Caps game the booing doesn't happen tonight. Not saying it's right, but that's probably why.

- - -

Oh, and sorry, Luongofan. Have a good night. Congrats on beating the Hurricanes.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Oh, and sorry, Luongofan. Have a good night. Congrats on beating the Hurricanes.
Sorry myself for going a little overboard. Just didn't want to go down the endless road we have all been down 1000 times. I apologize.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:43 PM
detredWINgs

On behalf of all wings fans, thank you for only letting Tampa get a point in todays game. That gives us a 1 point edge with a game in hand. Only 1 more point to lock up the west!!

Old
03-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Hockeyfan02

I just like the fact that the fans are in the game now. Earlier in the year with big crowds the crowd was quiet. Yeah they boo some calls that shouldnt the high stick and some of the offsides, but there are some they really know when to boo (see Chara touching the puck at the red line and still icing on the Bolts or the St. Louis skating to the puck and has the edge on Phillips but is pulled down for no call in the offensive zone). I just hate seeing how the fans react to calls and how the commentators call the game instead of talking about a GREAT hockey game. I mean is it really that odd thats fans booo the right call or commentators want a call or make comments in the home teams favor?

Edit: Most interesting part of the game was Bondra/Taylor incident after Taylor made comments about Bondra in one of the local papers. Martin also took a little shot at the Lightning using the same old Southeast division excuse for the Lightning success. BOTH Taylor and Martin were out of line, but it makes for a real interesting story if these two teams meet later on.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

Quote:
RE: Booing.....

The other night there was a bad call that gave the Capitals a PP. It was a horrible call, but nevertheless it was called. Anyway, the crowd booed the whole PK and the next day both TB papers had quotes from Jassen Cullimore, etc. saying how much they appreciated the fans doing that and how it was so loud they couldn't hear each other and "it helped them."

My guess is they tried to do the same tonight, though, IMO, they (and no disrespect to them) picked the wrong call to do it on. The guy was bleeding and Clymer's stick clearly hit him in the face. Easy call for the refs.

If the papers and TV don't run the comments from the Caps game the booing doesn't happen tonight. Not saying it's right, but that's probably why.

- - -

Ahhhh thank you for that, that makes ALOT more sense.

Old
03-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
I just like the fact that the fans are in the game now. Earlier in the year with big crowds the crowd was quiet. Yeah they boo some calls that shouldnt the high stick and some of the offsides, but there are some they really know when to boo (see Chara touching the puck at the red line and still icing on the Bolts or the St. Louis skating to the puck and has the edge on Phillips but is pulled down for no call in the offensive zone). I just hate seeing how the fans react to calls and how the commentators call the game instead of talking about a GREAT hockey game. I mean is it really that odd thats fans booo the right call or commentators want a call or make comments in the home teams favor?

Edit: Most interesting part of the game was Bondra/Taylor incident after Taylor made comments about Bondra in one of the local papers. Martin also took a little shot at the Lightning using the same old Southeast division excuse for the Lightning success. BOTH Taylor and Martin were out of line, but it makes for a real interesting story if these two teams meet later on.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the fans are in the game. The atmosphere seemed great.

And like I said, I find Ottawa fans 'over-boo' sometimes too. But I think the amount of booing we heard tonight IS odd - though what that other poster said puts it into context.

About the whole Bondra/Taylor thing...did you hear Bondra's reply? Something along the lines of "He [Taylor] still plays in the NHL? :p

Old
03-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Sting

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the fans are in the game. The atmosphere seemed great.

And like I said, I find Ottawa fans 'over-boo' sometimes too. But I think the amount of booing we heard tonight IS odd - though what that other poster said puts it into context.

About the whole Bondra/Taylor thing...did you hear Bondra's reply? Something along the lines of "He [Taylor] still plays in the NHL? :p
I didn't hear that one haha...damn Bondra is a pretty classy guy but I'm glad he took a shot back at that no-name.

Old
03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Hockeyfan02

I'm hoping Torterella takes a shot back at Ottawa for what Martin said about his team. That would really make it interesting...

Old
03-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Hey if it helps the team then I'm all for booing the other teams PP. Some of the offsides were good calls and shouldnt be booed but stuff that looks clear on replays isnt as clear when your in the 300s on the opposite side of the ice.

Closed Thread