Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

post your ideas (forwards)

Old
08-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Bleak

vCash: 500
I haven't been this excited about our offense since realizing what we were missing after Andy Mac was traded. This is what we needed. Solid depth all the way through our forwards. The question is where does this leave Troy Bodie, who signed an extension, will he even be able to find a spot on the roster? EC, Nokia, Ebbett [in that order] are going to be the scratches. I just don't see on them taking a spot from Brown, Parros, Carter (though some games we might scratch him, though I doubt his. I really like him), R2Ken and Marchant. I am glad we have all these players but I am more worried about the cap situation. Maybe a trade is in order here. I know, another one. Sigh =p
Our defense, despite what people may think, isn't all that bad at all. Whitney, The Wiz, and Neidz are all top 50 Dmen in the league. Sbiba has a lot of potential as well. He can easily become something huge. Mitera and Salcido are in the mix as well probably fighting for a spot.

I am really like our roster. This is what I would do:
Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Carter/Nokia-Koivu-Selanne
R2KEN/Carter-Marchant-Lupul
Brown-EC-Parros
Day-to-Day:
Ebbett (I hate to say this but I like Marchant better in the 3rd line center roll then Ebbett. How is he on the wing, my memory is fried.)
Nokia
Parros
Permanent scratches:
Troy Bodie

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Finnpin

Bleak, Nokie had injury fulled season last year so I expect him to deliver better game now. He will be in the lineup, I'm sure about it...plus the team needs his faceoff ability. Better option overall than EC.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:20 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Lupul-Koivu-Selanne
Nokia-Marchant-Brown
Beleskey-Carter-R2

Neidermayer-Sbisa
Whitney-Wiz
Boynton-Mitera

Unlikely that Mitera and Beleskey make the team, but I can keep dreaming.

jax00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Bleak, Nokie had injury fulled season last year so I expect him to deliver better game now. He will be in the lineup, I'm sure about it...plus the team needs his faceoff ability. Better option overall than EC.
For some reason I am expecting him to be our break out role player this year. He played well after he was acquired and then it seemed like he wasn't used to the minutes and fatigued, and obviously got himself hurt as well. I think he is an underrated part of this team right now, even if the role he fills isn't a large one.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Bleak

Don't get me wrong, I love Nokia it's just that I don't think he'll have a full time spot in the roster. He's going to have to show it. =)
I can't wait to see what happens this season, why can't it just start =( I haven't been this mad about hockey since last season. I'm going to watch all 82 games from all the teams now. Too little hockey in the off season. Gotta stock up. =p

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Elvs

We need Nokelainen to center on the penalty kill, it's as simple as that...

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Koivu - Selanne
Artyukhin - Marchant - Nokelainen
Carter - Christensen - Brown
(Ebbett, Parros)

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Talentless Practise*

If there is a 3rd scoring line i'd like to see Carlyle give R2-Ebbett/Christensen-Lupul a shot. If R2 is able to screen goalies effectively, Lupul could score quite well with that shot of his.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Ceux de Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Another attempt:

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry (best line in the NHL, stupid to break up)
Bodie - Koivu - Teemu (gritty player to create space for the snipers)
Lupul - Marchant - Brown (defense and scoring)
Parros - Nok - Carter (Anyone is fooling themselves if they think Anaheim will go enforcer-less, glad Caryle is the coach not some wuss Disney/Red Wing fan)

EC, Belesky - On the bubble/injury fill ins

Miller + Ebbett = nice 1st line for AHL and hopefully never to be seen on Anaheim
Koivu isnt a sniper. Just wanted to point that out, he's still my favorite player ever, but dont expect him to score manys goals... all of his goals will come from rebound or deke in two on one... because otherwise, his shot is very weak

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 12:34 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Koivu isnt a sniper. Just wanted to point that out, he's still my favorite player ever, but dont expect him to score manys goals... all of his goals will come from rebound or deke in two on one... because otherwise, his shot is very weak
Thats ok lol, Selanne will just fire the lasers in the back of net of great passes from koivu

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Hey, Guys Habs fan here. I have Christensen and Nokelainen in a fantasy pool and it looks like you all have them somewhere from the 3rd line to scratched. I have an opportunity to move one of them I want to know which you think will have more points?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Hey, Guys Habs fan here. I have Christensen and Nokelainen in a fantasy pool and it looks like you all have them somewhere from the 3rd line to scratched. I have an opportunity to move one of them I want to know which you think will have more points?
I'd stick with Christensen, he may see PP time depending on what kind of injuries this team encounters. I doubt Nokia ever sees PP time.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Chistensen will be starting the season injured. However, if he recovers and makes the lineup, he'll likely be on a scoring line, whereas Nokelainen likely won't.

It kind of depends on how many stats your pool tracks.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Alright thanks guy. I'll try to move Nokelainen over Christensen

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Talentless Practise*

3 scoring lines.

RPG - No reason to break them up.

R2-Koivu-Teemu - Obvious Finnish tandem with a strong bull to create space and turnovers

Marchant-Ebbett-Lupul - Lupes has been making a song-and-dance about becoming more of an offensive catalyst in future. Gives him an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is with a good playmaker in Ebbett.

Brown-Carter/Christensen-Parros/Nokia - Imo this is a make it or break it season for Carter. EC will be out until a fair ways into the season so he has the opportunity to impress. Brown-EC-Nokia could be a nice fast energy line with a bit of offense against teams like Detroit.

PP1a: Lupes-Getz-Perry - Lupes takes Teemu's spot on the first unit.
PP1b: Ryan-Koivu-Teemu - could be excellent.

Last edited by Talentless Practise*: 09-02-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
3 scoring lines.

RPG - No reason to break them up.

R2-Koivu-Teemu - Obvious Finnish tandem with a strong bull to create space and turnovers

Marchant-Ebbett-Lupul - Lupes has been making a song-and-dance about becoming more of an offensive catalyst in future. Gives him an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is with a good playmaker in Ebbett.

Brown-Carter/Christensen-Parros/Nokia - Imo this is a make it or break it season for Carter. EC will be out until a fair ways into the season so he has the opportunity to impress. Brown-EC-Nokia could be a nice fast energy line with a bit of offense against teams like Detroit.

PP1a: Lupes-Getz-Perry - Lupes takes Teemu's spot on the first unit.
PP1b: Ryan-Koivu-Teemu - could be excellent.
Taking Teemu off the 1st PP unit sounds like a terrible idea, he may be old, but he's still one of the best PP players in the league.

I also hate the idea of letting a tandem of Lupul and Ebbet struggle to create their own offense.

Old
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoringlegend08 View Post
Taking Teemu off the 1st PP unit sounds like a terrible idea, he may be old, but he's still one of the best PP players in the league.

I also hate the idea of letting a tandem of Lupul and Ebbet struggle to create their own offense.
I hate the idea of putting Artyukhin in an offensive role while paying Lupul 4.25 mil to be a third liner.

Teemu absolutely should be on the first PP unit. He's still our best PP goal scorer, old or not. If anything Bobby will fight with Perry to be on the first unit but Teemu and Getzy are penciled in.

As for Ebbett, unless Christensen starts the year on the IR I don't see him in the lineup at all.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
I hate the idea of putting Artyukhin in an offensive role while paying Lupul 4.25 mil to be a third liner.

Teemu absolutely should be on the first PP unit. He's still our best PP goal scorer, old or not. If anything Bobby will fight with Perry to be on the first unit but Teemu and Getzy are penciled in.

As for Ebbett, unless Christensen starts the year on the IR I don't see him in the lineup at all.
Pretty much how I see it, Lupul should be put in a situation where he can succeed, not one where he has a lot of pressure.

Old
09-02-2009, 04:21 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Pretty much how I see it, Lupul should be put in a situation where he can succeed, not one where he has a lot of pressure.
Plus I feel the whole reason to bring in Artyukhin is so we can have a checking line that is fast and hard hitting. Having either Brown or Carter line up next to Marchant and Artyukhin to me would make a forechecking line as good as any. Putting Lupul on that line would both take away from his offensive potential and that line's forechecking potential.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 04:33 PM
SonOfBraincramp

2 scoring lines / check / energy:

Lupul - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Koivu - Teemu
Noki - Marchant - Brown
Parros - Carter - R2

PP1 Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
PP2 Lupul - Koivu - Teemu

PK1 - Marchant / Noki
PK2 - Brown / Carter

I remember watching nearly every game. I always got the feeling that Ryan was a better player on the 2nd line than when promoted to the first for 5v5. Also this will allow Ryan to go on the 1st PP line, since Randy never uses the 5v5 lines on the Power Plays. Also Ryan is WAY better than Teemu on the PP last year. When Teemu was injured, Ryan DOMINATED the PP. Check the stats. Once Teemu came back Ryan was on the 2nd PP line with 2nd line PP players and 2nd PP line time... he did NOTHING. Rest Teemu for the 5v5.

Carter is going no where. 625K contract for an up-and-coming player with a great face off %, grit, and a good shot. Hard to 'step up' when limited ice time centering the 4th line. He may end up a 4th line center his entire career, but at $625K it is a great value for what you are getting.

3 scoring lines / energy
R2 - Getzlaf - Perry (big bang on the main line)
Carter - Koivu - Teemu (defense for the fins)
Lupul - Marchant - Ryan (defense for Lups and Ryan)
Parros - Noki - Brown (wham bam thank you maam)

SonOfBraincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 12:03 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. Sure Artyukhin can skate, hit and create space for other players but the guy can't shoot or pass. I think our 2 top lines are pretty much set with:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Lupul-Koivu-Selanne

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:

Teemu on the 2nd PP unit would be a horrible idea if that unit were Marchant-Ebbett-Teemu as we saw last year. But with our increased depth i see there is going to be a lot more even distribution of PP icetime next season. A lot of times last year when RPG (or KunitzPG) drew a penalty we saw them out there for the first PP shift because the 2nd unit was nonexistant, in my eyes limiting their effectiveness in those instances. I also like to have some stability on PP vs 5-5 lines to build, and play off of, chemistry.

As for Lupul and Ebbett struggling to create offense, if it does turn out to be so, you juggle the lines around. Carlyle has no problem doing that. However, as a 3rd line they would face lesser opposition so i'm not entirely convinced that would be the case.

Quote:

Too much emphasis on a number, imo. If the icetime and production are there, who cares about the number of the line. With PP-time, Lupul would see 16-18 mins a night, significantly more than Artyukhin.

As comes to Artyukhin, i'm more of a proponent of a "role within a role" type of thinking. Meaning that although he would be playing on an offensive line, his role wouldn't be offensive. Just like Marchant's wouldn't be on the 3rd. To be honest, i think out of all the options we have for a grinder on the 2nd line, R2's offensive skills are the best.

I think we have to see what Ebbett can become. We saw too much from him last year to not see where it leads.

Quote:
Agree wholeheartedly. I just think that playing his position against lesser checking accomplishes that better than playing his off-wing, which he has so far been almost completely unable to do, against tougher checking.

------------
I guess it's time to tell you little men to guess again.

Old
09-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Duckguy

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Koivu - Teemu
Noki - Marchant - Brown
Parros - Carter - R2

PP1 Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
PP2 Lupul - Koivu - Teemu

PK1 - Marchant / Noki
PK2 - Brown / Carter

I just made the minor switch of Ryan/Lupul. I get that youre trying to balance out the talent but Im not sure Lupul is best at the board cycling/interference that made that line so special last season.

IMO this is the most talented top 9 we have ever had. First line is Wow, Second line is solid. I absolutely love that 3rd line! And that 4th line will open all kinds of room on the ice. Unless theres some unfortunate injuries I cant see both Ebbs and EC in our Org very long.

Duckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:29 AM
jepjepjoo

PP1:

Perry - Koivu - Selanne
Getzlaf - Niedermayer

PP2:

Ryan - Ebbett - Lupul
Whitney - Wiz

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talentless Practise View Post
...Marchant-Ebbett-Lupul - Lupes has been making a song-and-dance about becoming more of an offensive catalyst in future. Gives him an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is with a good playmaker in Ebbett...
Ebbett a good playmaker that don't match

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Ebbett a good playmaker that don't match
He could have 40+ assists in a top-6 role.