07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
If we have two scoring lines:

Lupul/Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul/Ryan - Koivu - Selanne
Bodie/Miller - Marchant - Nokelainen
Brown - Ebbett/Carter - Parros

Ebbett/Carter and Miller/Bodie are scratched, Christensen can go play in Russia.

If Carlyle wants three scoring lines:

Carter - Getzlaf - Perry
Nokelainen/Marchant - Koivu - Selanne
Ryan - Ebbett - Lupul
Brown - Marchant/Nokelainen - Parros/Bodie/Miller

Parros/Bodie/Miller can rotate being scratched.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:13 PM
kurt
the last emperor

I hope Ebbett still manages to figure into the lineup. Fingers crossed.

kurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I'm going to go with 3 scoring lines.

Some thoughts: Christensen has to be at center, he sucks at wing. I want someone responsible on the bottom line to babysit whoever's on there. That's why I'd like Brown down there, although Marchant could work. Also with a 3rd scoring line being sheltered, we might even be able to work Beleskey in.

Lupul-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Miller/Nokelainen-Marchant-UFA(Grier)/Brown/Nokelainen
Ebbett-Christensen-Brown/Parros

The problem is there's too many RWs. Brown, Parros, Selanne, Perry, Lupul, Ryan. Geez. Nokelainien shoots right, what wing does he play? The other problem is I'd prefer putting Lupul on the RW since he wasn't good at left, but who else do we have to pass to him?

Hmm.... option 2:
Carter-Getz-Perry
Ebbett-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Marchant-Lupul
Miller/Parros-Nokelainen-Brown

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
bert

yikes those forwards look real good. But all of a sudden that world class ducks d looks a little shaky imho. A top 3 defensive tough guy would be very ideal.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Hockey Duckie

I know we'll see the top 2 scoring lines in the third period often if the Ducks are behind.

Here's a proposal for a 3 scoring lines

Carter-Getz-Perry (power line)
Ebbett-Koivu-Teemu (speed line?)
Ryan-Christensen/Kontiola-Lupul (flair line)
Nokes-Marchant-Parros/Nieds (shutdown line?)

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
12 oz Papa*

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Koivu - Selanne
Christensen - Nokia - Carter
Brown - Marchant - Parros

12 oz Papa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

It seems we have a glut of kids in the line up.

I've seen posts about trading Ebbett, Miller, EC, Carter, Mikkelson, Festerling, etc, but can we really afford to get rid of them?

Ebbett, as much as I would like to punch him, he does have SOME talent, as do the others but can we afford letting these guys sit out a lot of games?

They are considered our future in some form or another when Teemu, & Koivu, Scott aren't here anymore.

What would you guys do with them all? Trade them, sit them????

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Hockey Duckie

As for the top six, I'd rather have Ryan on the second line with Koivu-Teemu because at least we know that Ryan will backcheck and hit. I haven't seen Lupul play since his departure, but when he was here that's something he doesn't do.

Although... Ryan likes to cycle and Lupul doesn't (or hasn't). So... hmmm... wow it's going to be fun to find out this season offensively!

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 12:07 AM
WhiteFang BlackTooth

Lupol- Getzlaf- Perry
Ryan- Koivu- Selanne
Moen- Marchant- Grier
Brown- Carter- Parros
Beleskey- Christensen

Rest of the forwards jettison to other worthy teams

WhiteFang BlackTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Quack

Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan
Lupul-Koivu-Selanne
Ebbett-Marchant-Carter
Parros-Nokelainen-Brown
Players that move in the lineup for some games - Christensen,Miller

Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:09 AM
bleuer

Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
I think it's stupid to trade the young kids now...Selanne / Koivu will probably not be Ducks anymore next season and it would be nice to have one of the younger Ducks to step up.

bleuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Lupul-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Carter/Miller-Marchant-Ebbett
Brown-Nokke/Christensen-Parros

S.Niedermayer-Boynton
Whitney-Wiz
Sbisa-Brookbank/Salcido

Jiggy/Hiller

If the current roster is set, then Nokke and Christensen will rotate, and I'm sure Carlyle will find some reason to get pissed at Carter and rotate him and Miller.

I would like to see the Ducks add another big guy like Moen or Grier too, but that would require a trade. I don't like the idea of trading Ebbett because he's cheap and Koivu is hurt all the time. If a trade happens it will be either Carter or Nokke. Hopefully Nokke. I don't think Miller goes anywhere because Carlyle loves the guy.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Quack

Did Wisniewski sign with the Ducks? or is he an RFA?

Old
07-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lupul-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Carter/Miller-Marchant-Ebbett
Brown-Nokke/Christensen-Parros

S.Niedermayer-Boynton
Whitney-Wiz
Sbisa-Brookbank/Salcido

Jiggy/Hiller

If the current roster is set, then Nokke and Christensen will rotate, and I'm sure Carlyle will find some reason to get pissed at Carter and rotate him and Miller.

I would like to see the Ducks add another big guy like Moen or Grier too, but that would require a trade. I don't like the idea of trading Ebbett because he's cheap and Koivu is hurt all the time. If a trade happens it will be either Carter or Nokke. Hopefully Nokke. I don't think Miller goes anywhere because Carlyle loves the guy.
Out of curiosity, what is the point of ebbett on the third line? He hardly produced much of anything with selanne so I don't see him starting anything with cater/marchant/miller, and he doesn't do anything else remotely well enough to warrant a spot in the lineup. If he isn't surrounded by players who are competent offensively he is a waste of a spot, and becauseof that I really don't see a spot for him on the team.

However, if Carlyle chooses the pair setup like booger alluded to, he may work in at LW with koiuv/teemu or lupul/marchant, but I think putting him on a defensive line is counterproductive and just setting him and the line up for failure.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:22 PM
8inblack

Send a message via AIM to 8inblack Send a message via Yahoo to 8inblack
Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry

Probably could put up a combined 235 points. Play against oppositions second and fourth line as much as possible.

Lupul-Koivu-Selanne

Maybe an 80 goal line.Send out against opposing checkers.

Christenson-Ebbett-Marchant

Better then average third line.Use when second and first line are tired. Time to see if Ebbett can carry a line.

Miller-Carter-Noeklainin

Checkers. Use against opposing first line.

(Brown)(Parros) Switch with Christenson/Ebbett for a hitters third line. Probably best to soften a good checking line that the second line is likely to see.

8inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8inblack View Post
Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry

Probably could put up a combined 235 points. Play against oppositions second and fourth line as much as possible.

Lupul-Koivu-Selanne

Maybe an 80 goal line.Send out against opposing checkers.

Christenson-Ebbett-Marchant

Better then average third line.Use when second and first line are tired. Time to see if Ebbett can carry a line.

Miller-Carter-Noeklainin

Checkers. Use against opposing first line.

(Brown)(Parros) Switch with Christenson/Ebbett for a hitters third line. Probably best to soften a good checking line that the second line is likely to see.
That third line will get annihilated by opposition lines, they're not good enough offensively to do anything and Marchant is the only one who can be considered a defensive foward. Ebbett and Christensen are passengers, they won't generate much offense by themselves and neither is anywhere near good enough defensively to do anything remotely useful on a line with Marchant.

If the Ducks want to roll 3 scoring lines they'll have to spread the offense and put two competent top 6 fowards with one borderline top 6 foward on each line. A third scoring line of Ebbett - Christensen - whoever simply won't work because they're not good enough to create chances for themselves, they need a Ryan/Getzlaf/Koivu on their line to succeed.

Old
07-10-2009, 01:37 AM
8inblack

Send a message via AIM to 8inblack Send a message via Yahoo to 8inblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
That third line will get annihilated by opposition lines, they're not good enough offensively to do anything and Marchant is the only one who can be considered a defensive foward. Ebbett and Christensen are passengers, they won't generate much offense by themselves and neither is anywhere near good enough defensively to do anything remotely useful on a line with Marchant.

If the Ducks want to roll 3 scoring lines they'll have to spread the offense and put two competent top 6 fowards with one borderline top 6 foward on each line. A third scoring line of Ebbett - Christensen - whoever simply won't work because they're not good enough to create chances for themselves, they need a Ryan/Getzlaf/Koivu on their line to succeed.
No you don't know that for sure at all. Ebbett played extremely well. Not in the playoffs I know that's another arguement for another time. Anyone who thinks Ebbett was anything but great in the regular season last year is kidding themselves. We have seen the flashes of Christensen's talent from time to time, and if he can step it up, Ebbett and Christenson might be surprsingly good. They will not get "annihilated". Having a very good first two lines and an ok third line is a lot better then having 3 ok scoring lines.

Saying there not good enough to create chances for themselves is just foolish. This line obviously isn't going to log big minutes, but if they can play 10 minutes a game and have Ebbett and Christenson put up 35-40 points each with Marchant making sure nothing goes the other way, then they get the mission accomplished. There not going to get more ice time then line 4, the checkers, but they will be used. If they do struggle to do anything, Brown and Parros can hook up with Marchant to set up a hitting line.

8inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Ebbett played extremely well. Not in the playoffs I know that's another arguement for another time. Anyone who thinks Ebbett was anything but great in the regular season last year is kidding themselves.
He was good but the majority of the time he was playing with either Ryan and or Selanne, without those two he likely puts up 15-20 points in 48 games.

Quote:
Saying there not good enough to create chances for themselves is just foolish. This line obviously isn't going to log big minutes, but if they can play 10 minutes a game and have Ebbett and Christenson put up 35-40 points each with Marchant making sure nothing goes the other way, then they get the mission accomplished. There not going to get more ice time then line 4, the checkers, but they will be used. If they do struggle to do anything, Brown and Parros can hook up with Marchant to set up a hitting line.
Expecting 35-40 points for either Ebbett and Christensen is a huge reach unless they're playing with other productive players. Even if they play against the other teams fourth line they will likely struggle to do anything as they will be outmuscled and in Christensens case outworked on a consistent basis.

I'm all for having a skilled centre on the fourth line between Brown and Parros/whoever to give the line some offensive talent to go with our grinders but to have two soft one dimensional guys who don't have the talent to overcome their deficiencies without strong linemates will be a big risk.

Old
07-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Quack

I think Ebbett should be on the third line. Who would be better then him that is on the active roster or already on the first or second line? Its doubtful anyone that we have could have done any better then Ebbett did when playing with Selanne in the playoffs.

Old
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Ryan Getzlaf Perry
Lupul Koivu Selanne
Nokie Marchant Brown
Ebbett Carter Parros
Beleskey Christenson Bodie

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the point of ebbett on the third line? He hardly produced much of anything with selanne so I don't see him starting anything with cater/marchant/miller, and he doesn't do anything else remotely well enough to warrant a spot in the lineup. If he isn't surrounded by players who are competent offensively he is a waste of a spot, and becauseof that I really don't see a spot for him on the team.

However, if Carlyle chooses the pair setup like booger alluded to, he may work in at LW with koiuv/teemu or lupul/marchant, but I think putting him on a defensive line is counterproductive and just setting him and the line up for failure.
He should have a spot on this team because Koivu is injury prone. Ebbett is the perfect backup plan. I think people judge Ebbett way to negatively because of his poor playoff performance. The guy gives it his all and plays through injuries. He's not a great offensive player, but definitely capable of producing with Carter on occasion IMO. When I was making the line combos I couldn't decide between two sets of how I want the bottom two line combinations to go. Here's what they were:

Carter-Marchant-Ebbett
Parros-Nokke/Christensen-Brown

or

Carter-Marchant-Nokke
Parros-Ebbett/Christensen/-Brown

The second of that group would be Carlyle common "shutdown line". However, since I know that Carlyle hates Carter most of the time, Miller will sub for him often, which would be the worst possible option IMO.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I don't understand not putting Ebbett in the lineup. He may not have proved he's a top 6 player, but I think he proved he is a capable NHL player who earned his spot this upcoming season.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post
I don't understand not putting Ebbett in the lineup. He may not have proved he's a top 6 player, but I think he proved he is a capable NHL player who earned his spot this upcoming season.
He isn't a useful bottom six player, however. If ebbett barely produces with offensive players, why would you think he is going to produce with defensive players? He doesn't do anything else well enough to stay in the lineup. He's too small to be physical and he isn't good defensively, so what is he adding? Just a waste of a spot.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
He should have a spot on this team because Koivu is injury prone. Ebbett is the perfect backup plan. I think people judge Ebbett way to negatively because of his poor playoff performance. The guy gives it his all and plays through injuries. He's not a great offensive player, but definitely capable of producing with Carter on occasion IMO. When I was making the line combos I couldn't decide between two sets of how I want the bottom two line combinations to go. Here's what they were:

Carter-Marchant-Ebbett
Parros-Nokke/Christensen-Brown

or

Carter-Marchant-Nokke
Parros-Ebbett/Christensen/-Brown

The second of that group would be Carlyle common "shutdown line". However, since I know that Carlyle hates Carter most of the time, Miller will sub for him often, which would be the worst possible option IMO.
He can be a backup plan just as well in the minors as on the big club, and his sporadic offense doesn't overcome his weaknesses elsewhere in his game if he is going to be in a bottoms six role. That bottom six is just too easy to play against.