HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nick Boynton a Duck

Old
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Didn't Nick Boynton supposedly have... other problems.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
The enema took care of those nicely.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Mooseduck

Quote:
Mark Bell and Boynton don't like cab drivers.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
Just cause Sbisa played 39 games last year on the flyers doesn't mean he's ready to match up against other team's top lines with Niedermayer.

He's 19, no need to put that pressure on him... not that Carlyle would anyways.

I expect one kid (Sbisa, Festerling, Mikkelson, Mitera, Salcido) to get a shot with the big club.

Nieds, Wiz, Whitney, Brookbank, Boyton should be handling the other minutes.
Not that Carlyle would?

You remember who Beauchemin's partner was as a rookie, right?

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Ducksforcup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
My predictions?

1. Boynton plays with Niedermayer.
2. He looks so good doing it that he challenges Getzlaf for the Vezina.
I think Getzlaf has it locked up, but it will be close.

Back on topic, I think this is a solid signing. We needed a big, tough veteran defensemen and Boynton fits the bill.

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
What happened to Boynton, anyway?

He was a #1 guy in Boston, before the lockout.
I know Nick is not afraid to speak his mind. I understand he let management have it when they traded his friend Joe Thornton. Mike O'Connell (the then GM) did not like Nick after the Joe T. trade.

We sit next to the B's bench and Nick seemed to get along very well with fellow team mates. We were told (by folks who work for the B's ) that Nick was a locker room leader . He often was stuck on the ice with Hal Gill who wasn't so good back then. He will stick up for others. Some of us thought he might be given the "C" after Joe went to San Jose.

Also he did quite a bit of charity work with one of the Boston kids hospitals that deal with diabetes (which he himself deals with).

Seems like a good guy thought I haven't seen him play much the last few years.

I wish him the best and hope he plays well.

I know most of the Boston fans really liked Nick Boynton. He plays with a lot of heart.

Ladyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
People seem to forget that the Ducks in 05/06 didn't consist of Pronger, a team that made it to the WC finals. And in 02/03, we didn't have either Scotty or Prongs, and almost made it all the way. I agree that the Ducks may not have the defenisve defensemen they had back then in Carney, Salei etc, but to say the team will be weak defensively just for losing Pronger is just bull****. People seem to think you actually need 2 top 5 defensemen in the league to win the cup, it's just a luxtury the Ducks have been having for the last 3 years.
Giggy stood on his head, that was the only reason the Ducks ran that far that year.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Giggy stood on his head, that was the only reason the Ducks ran that far that year.
Yes, but a few seem to think that the loss of Pronger will put the Ducks out of the playoffs. Giguere wasn't the only reason the Ducks made it to the PO's that year, but he sure was the reason they made it to finals.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I liked Nick, little disappointed that he's gone. If not for any other reason than he's the first guy on the ice to drop the gloves and protect his teammates. We did very well at first, but tailed off towards the end of the season. Playing with Ballard helped his play immensely, but Ballard played well with him as his partner, too.

07-09-2009, 08:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Type 1 diabtes. That and some wild teenage years.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
LOL... Those who think he is playing top minutes, dont...He is horrible, so dumb and takes the worst penalties ever... He is good for about 5-8 penalties after the opposition takes a penalty, if he is on the ice when the opposite team gets a roughing or tripping call, he will guarenteed go over try to fight and get a penalty for it... and he is the WORST fighter in the league, he will fight but will lose every time.
What a horrible post about Boynton. Guaranteed to go over and fight after the opposition gets takes a bad penalty? He did that ONCE! And he came in at an angle where it's debatable whether he saw the ref's arm up to begin with. Worst fighter? No, but he's not got enough size or skill to defeat R2.

Seems you're still bent out of shape about ONE instance. He also got in Boogaard's face along the wall to stop the Boogeyman from manhandling his teammate. That instance ultimately led to Belak going with Boogey.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Boynton will not play on anyone's top pairing. Unless you're looking for laughs. But he could still be a solid bottom pairing guy if matched with a good skating partner. It's just he's a little slow, I agree with others who've said that the NHL nowadays really disagrees with him. He at times looked pretty solid with the Panthers last season, and the other half of the time he looked atrocious. When he's using his head and playing it safe and not making risky pinches, then he's solid.

He will stick up for teammates ferociously though. It doesn't matter how big the guy is, if he messes with Boynton's teammate and crosses the line, Boynton is going after him. There's not even a second thought. He sacrificed himself to Boogaard, Lucic, and Artyukhin among others this past season after he thought they ran his teammates a little too hard. He got beat down severely, but he still went after them. The guy is 120% heart. But he's pretty much been relegated to a #6 d-man now, and not a particularly good one either. Servicable. Like I said, if paired with the right partner he can look OK. Supposedly great in the room as well, to no surprise.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 07:21 AM
4rde

I dont think Boynton is nearly as bad as people say. He was solid defenceman in Boston, last year was just bad. He had problems with the Panthers management or something too.

I think this can be a great find and possibly bargain, 1.5mil is nothing if he turns out to be as good as he was in Boston.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
I dont think Boynton is nearly as bad as people say. He was solid defenceman in Boston, last year was just bad. He had problems with the Panthers management or something too.

I think this can be a great find and possibly bargain, 1.5mil is nothing if he turns out to be as good as he was in Boston.
No, you don't understand. He has regressed. He was bad last season and the season before that he wasn't that great either. Also, it was different in Boston because that was in the old NHL which suited his playing style much better. He'll never be the d-man that he was in Boston again.

Old
07-18-2009, 08:49 AM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
No, you don't understand. He has regressed. He was bad last season and the season before that he wasn't that great either. Also, it was different in Boston because that was in the old NHL which suited his playing style much better. He'll never be the d-man that he was in Boston again.
I know i know, but i believe he can adjust. He can be decent 2nd line defenceman but he needs to start listening the coaches and do what he is told.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
I know i know, but i believe he can adjust. He can be decent 2nd line defenceman but he needs to start listening the coaches and do what he is told.
I believe that's possible. Last season he played on the 2nd pairing with Ballard, even though he was not our 4th best defenseman. When he was being smart and playing within himself, he looked solid. He's never going to wow anybody, but he can be very sound defensively when he's playing smart positionally and he's a very physical guy. When he loses his head and starts making risky pinches and plays, then he can look downright horrible. He's slow, so if he gets out of position, he can get burned really really badly. It's not pretty when that happens.

Old
07-18-2009, 05:35 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
If you have a problem with Peter Deboer, or he has a problem with you...you need to get your s*it together.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 06:16 PM
mattihp

I think that this is the guts that Ducks fans have been missing on D. Not as good a hockey player anymore, but adds some toughness.

mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote