HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec got several KHL offers

Old
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
They woulden't rush him to play 2nd line centre...as mentionned they would probably have Cammalleri play centre on the second line. Thats the beauty of Mike, he can play centre too.
Except Cammalleri doesn't want to play centre..

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Habs have interest in Crosby, does that make Crosby a Hab?
what a terrible comparison.

most important question here is if plekachu is interested in the khl. going to arbitration certainly does not help the habs cause.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Daice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
There are reports the deal with Dynamo was actually 10 million over 2 years, tax free.

http://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod
Allow me to be skeptical, after deciding to decrease everyones salary by 10 or more percent or was it 30% because of the economic crisis, I doubt he gets 5 mil per year.

especially that the barrel of oil is going down, and that hudler is a good player, but not THAT good.

He is not the type of player KHL drools about.

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
kje signed one year 2 mil with bonuses, but no, not 5 mil
I had read 2 Mil. But googling, I've also found articles from credible sources saying 5 Mil/year. I'm amazed to read they could find that kind of dough for a non-star, tax-free...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Daice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven Corleone View Post
Rumors just surfaced about him playing in Montreal for a year.. Not a credible source coming from Eklund.. But u know hes bound to have one prediction right sooner or later
If eklund spoke about it, you can be sure it aint true... Bob when negotiating never leaks out information, unless its the other party doing so.

but hey its eklund, forget it. Latendresse, kostitsyn x2, paciorretty, whoever is better than shanny at this time, sucks but he is too old. we better develop what we have

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
alexstream

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION

Marc Defoy is just asking the question, since KHL is on aggressive mode and since Plekanec is a RFA who opted for arbitration, would he be interested by an offer from the KHL IF THERE WAS ONE.

He's just stirring the pot.

Don't bash the guy though, this is a good article. But he is making the mistake of not CLEARLY saying that he is speculating ("je spécule")... For an english reader, this is not obvious to understand, this is very subtle. It does sound as if there was an offer on the table... but there is none (not as per this article), he really is saying : IF there was an offer.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Trembs
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
If eklund spoke about it, you can be sure it aint true... Bob when negotiating never leaks out information, unless its the other party doing so.

but hey its eklund, forget it. Latendresse, kostitsyn x2, paciorretty, whoever is better than shanny at this time, sucks but he is too old. we better develop what we have
For 2-2.5 for a year wouldn't be a bad idea.. He would give his some more size on the offensive and some leadership in the locker room

Trembs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Go Habs Go

lol Look at you guys, rumor coming from a site that constantly feeds us with bs. Rumor is just that the KHL team is interested in Plekanec, it doesn't even say if Plekanec would even consider it and yet most of you are already jumping on Gainey's throat lmao

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
ToysInTheAttic

I would surmise that the KHL offers a lot of players contracts that we never hear about. I'll be concerned if and when I hear a specific player has signed a contract with the KHL.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:26 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Negotiation tactic?
Bang on...the source would be Pleks agent...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:26 PM

What do you guys think about just shutting down the board for 1 week...give everyone a chance to cool off?

There's WAY too much overreaction to every bit of news these days...Gainey changes the coaching staff in Hamilton and we've got a 15 page thread about how much class he lacks

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
shutehinside

Correct me if I am wrong as my french isn't what it used to be. From reading the article, no where does it say the KHL IS interested nor have they offered anything to Plecks.

That being said, even if he did go, so what. We have an extra 3 or 4MM in addition to the 3 or so MM that was earmarked for Plecks to spend on another centreman. Add the fact we'd have to trade for one and we could conceivably dump a bit more salary and maybe get a much better centreman in return.

Ultimately, why is everyone in a panick when nothing has happened yet and even if it does, it hardly spells the doom of the franchise? I say relax, sit back and enjoy. If Plecks wins his arbitration he may already be trade bait anyways for a trade in the fall. Maybe we can get someone players from Chicago, Philly, Ottawa, Calagry,New Jersey, San Jose etc... all teams that are really close to or over the cap right now and will need to get under it before the season starts.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Habarazzi

no worries guys .... if he leaves, he leaves ..... Mats is still out there
If Komi can go over to the other side, so can Mats.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
What do you guys think about just shutting down the board for 1 week...give everyone a chance to cool off?

There's WAY too much overreaction to every bit of news these days...Gainey changes the coaching staff in Hamilton and we've got a 15 page thread about how much class he lacks
And let's not even mention the thread when Perry Pearn was hired. Perry Pearn will destroy this team!!!

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:44 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Neither does Jiri Hudler...oh wait.
Exactly. KHL contract = tax free. Montreal contract = not quite tax free.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:44 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Good I hope he leaves. ****ing wimp. I'd rather have Hayley Wickenheiser then him.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:46 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
I would surmise that the KHL offers a lot of players contracts that we never hear about. I'll be concerned if and when I hear a specific player has signed a contract with the KHL.
Jiri Hudler?

Turned down 3-5 year contract at $3M contract with the Wings to take 2-years for $6M-$10M tax free in the KHL.

Seems like a legit route for any Eastern European player who is not being tied up long-term and only being offered arbitration. Sorta like Pleks.

Not that bad I suppose. Throw Maxwell into the fire and let him develop. Isn't that how Krejci got the chance with Boston? When Bergeron was out for the season with concussion?

Old
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
RE-HABS

Who cares let him go, we can sign Zherdev when Sather and the Rangers walk away from the arb. case in a week or two.

Rangers are so over the cap we maybe able to get him to play with AK.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Who cares let him go, we can sign Zherdev when Sather and the Rangers walk away from the arb. case in a week or two.

Rangers are so over the cap we maybe able to get him to play with AK.
OMG, Zherdev is the second coming of Kovafloat... noooo. And he's not a center.

Old
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
tinyzombies

I've never been a Pleks fan. Goodbye. Soft. Can't stand soft players.

Beauchemin could have replaced Hammer and we could buy out Georges and sign a real player, but not sure there are any left.

If Sundin would play for 5, I'd do that...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:03 PM
GoodKiwi

Damn, I called it a couple of days ago!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I don't think Pleks has any interest in playing in KHL.

Personally, I'm leary of any Eastern Europeran player's potential interest in the KHL (which, with rare exception, is why I would not invest a high draft choice on an Eastern Europeran player).

If Pleks is taking the Habs to arbitration, he is unhappy with their "offer" which would suggest that a good offer from the KHL might pesuade him to move - which is OK with me!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
lou4gehrig

Let Pleks walk and sign Leblanc and let him play no the second line.

A la Sam Gagne or PM Bouchard.

Old
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM
crystal ball

Plekanec got several KHL offers

There's an interview with Tomas Plekanec in a Czech paper, published yesterday. Here's the link, in Czech:

http://hokej.idnes.cz/chci-v-montrea...130401_nhl_cig

Basically, he says the decision to go to arbitration was really tough, because he doesn't want to stir up something he'll regret. But he says while money was a factor in his decision, a show of respect for his contributions is more important to him. He knows the arbitration decision might go against him, but he says he's willing to accept whatever the decision is and he's ready for anything, including a trade.

He says he got several offers from KHL teams, but none compared to the money he'll make in the NHL, and in any case, he's got no interest in going to Russia. He says the lifestyle and competition in the NHL are much better. Although he says he may try Russia when he's too old to play in the NHL anymore. For now, he likes Montreal.

He really feels badly about how last season went, although he says it shouldn't be surprising when you consider the number of injuries everyone had. And he says he was proud he still managed to get 20 goals in a pretty rotten year for him. He promises he's going to be a hundred percent better on the ice this year.

That's about it.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I'll say it before the bashing starts: I like Plekanec and I think he's important for the team going forward.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote