HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some infos i have about Stewart...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
  #1
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,831
vCash: 500
Some infos i have about Stewart...

Hi everyone!

One member of my familly know very well the NHL referee Justin St-Pierre (whatever is he's name), but this guy said that the Habs prepared some specifics exercises for Stewart for the next 2 years. The Habs want Stewart to replace Georges Laraque, at the end of his contract. So, Stewart will add, considerably, some weight during the next two season. So, if everything goes according to the plan, Stewart should play around between 225 and 235 lbs in two years...!


So, it was an info i had and i wanted to share it with you!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:16 PM
  #2
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
It'll be funny to see

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
  #3
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 18,169
vCash: 500
but but... they arent even the same color???

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:18 PM
  #4
JeromeHP
Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,593
vCash: 500
Stewart over 230lbs.......

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
  #5
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
How tall is stewart to begin with. I'm afraid that much weight on a smaller frame will make him too slow. He's got a good jump to his step right now, and i like it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
  #6
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,744
vCash: 500
I don't think he'll ever be in Laraque's weight class, litterally, but adding another 10-15 lbs would definately help him.

He should be taking cues from Travis Moen this year...that's the type of player he can become

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:22 PM
  #7
mariolemieux66
Registered User
 
mariolemieux66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
We need O'Byrne to put 20 pounds and learn how to fight.

A 6"6' 250 pounds heavy weight.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:27 PM
  #8
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
stewart is 6'2 200...seems like a lot of weight. Andrew Conboy at 6'4 seems like the heir apparent to BGL

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM
  #9
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
We need O'Byrne to put 20 pounds and learn how to fight.

A 6"6' 250 pounds heavy weight.
is o'b really 6"6' now? I thought he was 6-5 last time i checked.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:45 PM
  #10
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,242
vCash: 500
Not that I'm doubting your "source" but NHL tough guys are a dime a dozen. Why would the Habs go through the trouble of grooming him to be a tough guy when they can easily just sign or trade for one?

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:47 PM
  #11
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
How tall is stewart to begin with. I'm afraid that much weight on a smaller frame will make him too slow. He's got a good jump to his step right now, and i like it.
He's an inch shorter than Laraque. Laraque fights at 250-260.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
  #12
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
He's an inch shorter than Laraque. Laraque fights at 250-260.
Laraque is effing massive, Stewart doesn't strike me as a large fella.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
  #13
mariolemieux66
Registered User
 
mariolemieux66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
is o'b really 6"6' now? I thought he was 6-5 last time i checked.
from tsn.ca

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=3434

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:05 PM
  #14
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
He's an inch shorter than Laraque. Laraque fights at 250-260.
Laraque is listed at 253 lbs but I bet his weight this past season was somewhere in the 270 to 280 lb range.

Regarding Stewart, a little extra weight wouldn't hurt but I don't think he needs to go up to 230. Like someone else said, I'd rather Stewart model his game after Moen than after Laraque. Between 215 and 220 would probably be ideal for Stewart. Stewart's a skilled fighter who switches hands well and is young....as he gets older, he'll get stronger and this will help his fighting even more.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
  #15
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Laraque is listed at 253 lbs but I bet his weight this past season was somewhere in the 270 to 280 lb range.

Regarding Stewart, a little extra weight wouldn't hurt but I don't think he needs to go up to 230. Like someone else said, I'd rather Stewart model his game after Moen than after Laraque. Between 215 and 220 would probably be ideal for Stewart. Stewart's a skilled fighter who switches hands well and is young....as he gets older, he'll get stronger and this will help his fighting even more.
He weighted in at 265 lbs before the playoffs.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:29 PM
  #16
HabsMan2009
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
We need O'Byrne to put 20 pounds and learn how to fight.

A 6"6' 250 pounds heavy weight.
I think he has all the tools to be a nasty scraper. He needs to keep his jersey tied down better. His opponent always seems to get it up where he cant fight back. Other than that, hes a good scrapper.

HabsMan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:34 PM
  #17
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
If only Laraque had a mean streak...quick, somebody go steal all his tofu.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:38 PM
  #18
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Not that I'm doubting your "source" but NHL tough guys are a dime a dozen. Why would the Habs go through the trouble of grooming him to be a tough guy when they can easily just sign or trade for one?
Ever heard of Chris Nilan?

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 09:56 PM
  #19
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Hi everyone!

One member of my familly know very well the NHL referee Justin St-Pierre (whatever is he's name), but this guy said that the Habs prepared some specifics exercises for Stewart for the next 2 years. The Habs want Stewart to replace Georges Laraque, at the end of his contract. So, Stewart will add, considerably, some weight during the next two season. So, if everything goes according to the plan, Stewart should play around between 225 and 235 lbs in two years...!


So, it was an info i had and i wanted to share it with you!
Thank you, but I don't think Stewart can become an Ubergoon.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 10:14 PM
  #20
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,423
vCash: 500
Stewart should be BEEFCAKE! New regiment should be watching a lot Southpark and focus his attention on how Cartman does it. Except the "lazy slob asking his mother for cookies" part. Unless Gainey wants to play the mom.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 10:53 PM
  #21
Jedrik
Registered User
 
Jedrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Not that I'm doubting your "source" but NHL tough guys are a dime a dozen. Why would the Habs go through the trouble of grooming him to be a tough guy when they can easily just sign or trade for one?
Assuming (for fun) that there is any truth to this 'programme' they have planned for Stew, the only reason it would make sense to go to any trouble would be to improve his size and toughness in order to build on his ability to be able to actually skate (unlike BGL) more than three feet during one lunar phase.

Stewart can actually play, and keep up with the play; if he were tougher, Georges would be redundant. And so, not replacing Georges Laraque per se, but going another step toward making the old 'goon' role a thing of the past. Like it or not, Lucic (and the like) is the future standard of tough guy, and those guys are not going to be a dime a dozen.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 11:36 PM
  #22
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,610
vCash: 500
I loved when he crosschecked a guy in the face

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 11:52 PM
  #23
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
that would be extremely stupid... Stewart is an energy player he's no where close of being an enforcer

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
  #24
puckeater
Registered User
 
puckeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
If only Laraque would just say, "We're gonna go right now." instead of, "Hey, do you wanna go sometime?"

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 11:57 PM
  #25
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Hi everyone!

The Habs want Stewart to replace Georges Laraque, at the end of his contract.


So, it was an info i had and i wanted to share it with you!
I would be really surprised if anyone told him that "texto"

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.