HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Alex Daigle

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2004, 06:31 AM
TK79

vCash: 500
Alex Daigle

Daigle is quietly putting together a solid season, with 18+29=47 in 75 games.Could it be that he is enjoying hockey again? If he keeps this pace up and works hard in the off-season he will be a great find for the Wild.I remember being a big fan of his around the time he got drafted, so it's great to see him doing well.Especially after everyone had written him off

Old
03-30-2004, 06:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
I totally agree. Here's to hoping Daigle has established himself as a legit NHL player. He went through a long slump, but Jacques Lemaire has got him playing defense too which is great. I'm rooting for him.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:51 AM
Leaf_Crazy

2 More goals till 20 goals, and 3 more points till 50 pts.... Go Daigle!

Old
03-30-2004, 06:52 AM
Leaf_Crazy

opps

Old
03-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79
Daigle is quietly putting together a solid season, with 18+29=47 in 75 games.Could it be that he is enjoying hockey again? If he keeps this pace up and works hard in the off-season he will be a great find for the Wild.I remember being a big fan of his around the time he got drafted, so it's great to see him doing well.Especially after everyone had written him off

Were you one of his "puck bunnies" from junior?

Old
03-30-2004, 08:34 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

after the first month or so he never really got a chance in pittsburgh last year. he was sent down and never got the call up he deserved. ice to see him doing well on the wild.

Old
03-30-2004, 10:00 AM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Were you one of his "puck bunnies" from junior?
Very funny.. Actually being from Europe I never saw him play a single game of junior, just for the Team Canada at the WJC's.

Old
03-30-2004, 11:32 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
If Daigle had better teammates (grumble grumble) I could see him almost at 60-70

Old
03-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
If Daigle had better teammates (grumble grumble) I could see him almost at 60-70
I always thought that if Daigle had better teammates, they'd ship him to the minors...

Old
03-30-2004, 01:17 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Not really...Wild could use a vet like Daigle for the young guns to learn from.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Avery4Byng*

Will he be on waivers next year? Would be a decent pickup

Old
03-30-2004, 01:44 PM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Quote:
Not really...Wild could use a vet like Daigle for the young guns to learn from.
Hopefully, not to learn how to be a bust.

Old
03-30-2004, 03:47 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Where's the head bash? Come oooooooon, you know you wanna!

Solid signing for the Wild. He'll get the ice time required to put up numbers now and holy toledo, he's playing defence! Lemaire managed to do what they couldn't do in Ottawa, Philly and Pittsburgh: get Daigle to backcheck.

Old
03-30-2004, 03:53 PM
jiggs 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I always thought that if Daigle had better teammates, they'd ship him to the minors...
Gee, he's outscoring an awful lot of other players in the NHL for a near "minor league" player! If he was playing on a line with Gaborik, he'd probably have 5 more goals and 7-8 more assists. That would be 23 goals and 45 assists (give or take). Not bad in today's NHL for a 3rd liner on an 11th place team.

Old
03-30-2004, 04:16 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Where's the head bash? Come oooooooon, you know you wanna!

Solid signing for the Wild. He'll get the ice time required to put up numbers now and holy toledo, he's playing defence! Lemaire managed to do what they couldn't do in Ottawa, Philly and Pittsburgh: get Daigle to backcheck.
NOOO!!! I don't want to bash my head!

He's only going to take in between I believe 750,000 to a mill next year...

Old
03-30-2004, 05:19 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
If Daigle would have better teamates, he would not see any PP time & would play 3rd line.

Old
03-30-2004, 05:36 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Well not really, how Lemaire works. He juggles the line up so Daigle might see 3rd line time but then 2nd line time the next day.

Old
03-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Daigle is finally maturing and thanks to Lemaire Daigle could be a very serviceable 55-70 point player if he gets more ice time, should put up 50 each year. Nice to see him doing well.

Old
03-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Gee, he's outscoring an awful lot of other players in the NHL for a near "minor league" player! If he was playing on a line with Gaborik, he'd probably have 5 more goals and 7-8 more assists. That would be 23 goals and 45 assists (give or take). Not bad in today's NHL for a 3rd liner on an 11th place team.
Actually, I think playing on a bad team helps Daigle out. If he was on a 1st place team he would have no special teams ice time at all, he wouldn't be called on to play offensively. He might not be on the third line.

Old
03-31-2004, 02:51 AM
VanCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Actually, I think playing on a bad team helps Daigle out. If he was on a 1st place team he would have no special teams ice time at all, he wouldn't be called on to play offensively. He might not be on the third line.

The Wild are not a bad team man, look at them last year.
Maybe Gabby's holdout stopped them, but he showed in his multi point games what might have been this year for the Minnesota Wild. IMO Daigle has proved that he is ready to work out in the off-season and never take a shift off.
Better late than never.

:gman:

Old
03-31-2004, 03:36 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
after the first month or so he never really got a chance in pittsburgh last year. he was sent down and never got the call up he deserved. ice to see him doing well on the wild.
I agree...he got shafted in Pittsburgh.
They continuously gave guys like Robitaille, McQueena and Neimennen loads of chances and ice time while never giving Daigle a chance. I thought it was a crap move personally, as he brought more to the table in terms of skill and speed than alot of others on our team last year.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:47 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Don't let it get to you. Daigle is playing some good hockey and some people can't appreciate that he has finally turned his game around.
People sometimes assume things for varying reasons. The comment that he would be shipped to the minors just means that someone probably hasn't watched him play, so they have yet to see the turnaround.

I remember the same crap being said about Robert Lang in his first year with Pittsburgh. Called him a fringe player, and most of the people hadn't watched him play. They just assumed that he was the same old Robert Lang.
I got inot a big argument over a guy calling Lang a fringe player when he certainly had proved otherwise. I believe Evilo joined into that one as well.

Funny thing is that they both turned thier careers around the same way. Lang became our third line shutdown center that year. And he did such a good job of it that writers around Pittsburgh were whispering Selke (though that was a bit far).
Point is, he learned defense, stuck in the league finally because of it, and his offensive game took off.
daigle this year has become a solid two way guy. He is using his speed for defensive purposes now.
To say that he is a minor leaguer (or imply that) shows ignorance of his turn around. He is far from the Daigle that bounced around from team to team.
While given his immense potential on draft day, he is still a huge bust, he is at least a legitimate solid NHL caliber player. In no way is he a minor league guy now.

Good job Alex. Way to turn your game around.

Old
03-31-2004, 03:59 AM
boz
Altitude Fan

Closed Thread