HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can you guys stil identify yourselves to the Montreal Canadiens?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2009, 06:23 AM
  #1
koh19
Registered User
 
koh19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fribourg
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Can you guys stil identify yourselves to the Montreal Canadiens?

Ever since Mark Streit broke into the league with Montreal, I've been a huge fan of the Bleu Blanc Rouge. But now that guys like Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins and Komisarek are gone, it's just not the same. When I thought Montreal Canadiens, I thought Koivu, Kovalev,...

The lineup has completely changed in a matter of days and it seems like something's not right. Sure, every team goes through this process every now and then but not to this extent.

What's your thought on this?


Last edited by koh19: 07-13-2009 at 06:34 AM.
koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:32 AM
  #2
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
Ever since Mark Streit broke into the league with Montreal, I've been a huge fan of the Blue Blanc Rouge. But now that guys like Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins and Komisarek are gone, it's just not the same. When I thought Montreal Canadiens, I thought Koivu, Kovalev,...

The lineup has completely changed in a matter of days and it seems like something's not right. Sure, every team goes through this process every now and then but not to this extent.

What's your thought on this?
I'm 5'7'' so yes, I can identify myself more then before. haha

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:34 AM
  #3
koh19
Registered User
 
koh19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fribourg
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I'm 5'7'' so yes, I can identify myself more then before. haha
lol good one.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:55 AM
  #4
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
There's a logo on the front of the jersey that's bigger than any player that we've ever had, well maybe except one.

And Kovalev, when you think of the Habs, really?

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:58 AM
  #5
King Woodballs
**** HFJets
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,123
vCash: 375
No matter what happens you should always be able to stick with your team.
Players come and players go
Gainey is trying to do what he can to improve this team to a point where they can content for a championship.
Gainey can't and wont let it happen like the penguins or senators, where you tank for half a decade so you can pill top picks.
The team wouldn't let that happen, nor would the fans. Habs fans are the only ones calling for someone to be traded after 3 mediocre games.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:02 AM
  #6
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,744
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
There's a logo on the front of the jersey that's bigger than any player that we've ever had, well maybe except one.
That's how I feel. Players come and go every year, sure you miss some more than others but the team is still the same. I've been cheering for the Habs for as long as I can remember and while you do like to cheer for the name on the back from time to time, it's still always the logo on the front that you are really cheering for.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
  #7
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 500
It might take a few games to get used to the new look and players but not much more than that. I'm excited and look forward to a very entertaining team.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:10 AM
  #8
Doctor House
Registered User
 
Doctor House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
I identify with them even more than before.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:14 AM
  #9
Bacchus1
Registered User
 
Bacchus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
I still barely remember Lafleur playing ... and since then they have gone through a whack load of changes, so yes, I can still identify with the MONTREAL CANADIENS ... because they are the Habs, and not the players that come and go.

I must admit though, that I am nostalgic for the times that a player would play for us for years on end; now, players seem so much more disposable.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:25 AM
  #10
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,757
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I'm 5'7'' so yes, I can identify myself more then before. haha
I'm 6'4-6'5 and I used to play center when I was younger. I don't think i'll ever indentify with them by that standard.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:35 AM
  #11
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,757
vCash: 152
Meh, I like the team and people come and go, but it is different for me. I have to get back into it a bit. I mean, i'm still a habs fan and all, but my excitment went down a notch. Why? I grew up watching koivu. When we made ideal line-ups, komisarek, kovalev and so on would be part of it. Now, we have dif players, a dif team, while it may be better, it's still not the same. When Bourque won the cup with the avs...I bet people started to like the avs and respected them as a perrenial western conference contender at the time. That one person, that one storyline had people interested, had people into the game. That's just an example, but it goes to show, a person can effect how you see a logo. I have no blind faith to a logo, merely an appreciation of what it represents. If the players within a team, those who represent it, don't do so correctly, why should I accept it with blind faith? Either way, simple put, for years, we wanted to build a team, a winner. We had the core, and we we're building, we all wanted that core to win, it was the fans hope, their dream. Change the core and while the dream is the same, the idea of different people you imagined holding the cup being changed still needs some getting used to.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:40 AM
  #12
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On
 
HabsHockey*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Meh, I like the team and people come and go, but it is different for me. I have to get back into it a bit. I mean, i'm still a habs fan and all, but my excitment went down a notch. Why? I grew up watching koivu. When we made ideal line-ups, komisarek, kovalev and so on would be part of it. Now, we have dif players, a dif team, while it may be better, it's still not the same. When Bourque won the cup with the avs...I bet people started to like the avs and respected them as a perrenial western conference contender at the time. That one person, that one storyline had people interested, had people into the game. That's just an example, but it goes to show, a person can effect how you see a logo. I have no blind faith to a logo, merely an appreciation of what it represents. If the players within a team, those who represent it, don't do so correctly, why should I accept it with blind faith? Either way, simple put, for years, we wanted to build a team, a winner. We had the core, and we we're building, we all wanted that core to win, it was the fans hope, their dream. Change the core and while the dream is the same, the idea of different people you imagined holding the cup being changed still needs some getting used to.
Saw my first cup in 86, my second in 93, and i'm more excited about seeing my third then i was for the others, i care about who's on my team but you can't get attached to players since a player doesn't make your entire team. I witnessed Roy leave and my heart melted but there was no way i could ever cheer for the Av's. I am a Habs Fan.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
  #13
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,236
vCash: 256
I can,RDS might have some little problems

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:49 AM
  #14
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,757
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Saw my first cup in 86, my second in 93, and i'm more excited about seeing my third then i was for the others, i care about who's on my team but you can't get attached to players since a player doesn't make your entire team. I witnessed Roy leave and my heart melted but there was no way i could ever cheer for the Av's. I am a Habs Fan.
I used to be an Av's and Habs fan. Solely habs now. Actually, back in the day, I used to cheer for any canadian team, yes, including toronto. Why? because I realized we only had 6 and i appreciated their importance. I've become much more bias since then though. Anyway, never said I'm not a habs fan, still am, my favourite team, always will be. But I think it's only fair that me, or some other people may lose some excitement and appreciation when certain factors change. Maybe i'll get a chance to like these guys just as much. But i'll tell you now, as a koivu fan, I'm hoping the ducks do well. That's not because I'm a ducks fan, but cuz i'm a koivu can, and while I haven't changed teams by any means, I still hope he wins the cup more than any habs player on our roster, right or wrong, it's how I feel.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
  #15
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Yes because I identify myself (in sports fan matter) tp the logo in front and all its history and tradition, not with the name on the back of the jersey.

That's why I rarely blast any players on the team, and why I always give my support to all players on the team.

IMO, some people's priorities are mixed up if they put too much enmphasis on the name on the back of the jersey.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:57 AM
  #16
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Unfortunately, not many of these players deserve to be identified with the Habs. The main thing I've always identified with the Habs (image below), is sadly becoming a distant memory...hope that changes.


LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
  #17
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,757
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yes because I identify myself (in sports fan matter) tp the logo in front and all its history and tradition, not with the name on the back of the jersey.

That's why I rarely blast any players on the team, and why I always give my support to all players on the team.

IMO, some people's priorities are mixed up if they put too much enmphasis on the name on the back of the jersey.
lol, my priorities are messed up then. I don't put too much emphasis, but there's certain players you want to win, some you don't care if they're even in the NHL.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:00 AM
  #18
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,724
vCash: 500
they havent changed logo so yes

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:03 AM
  #19
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I can,RDS might have some little problems
Can't wait to see how they pronounce the names...

Gomez = Joemech

Gionta = Guyonte

Cammalleri = Cammeyeri

Spacek = Spaceman

Gill = Guile

Mara = Mère

Moen = Vokonne

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
  #20
Fire Everyone
Especially you
 
Fire Everyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
I obviously can't identify with those guys.

But that's because I'm not a millionaire and don't make a living playing a game.

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
  #21
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,451
vCash: 152
I like the team for the logo on the front, not the name on the back.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:12 AM
  #22
habaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Yes, more than ever, well at least the last 10-15 years.

Grew up watching the late 80's version of the habs which consisted of players known more for their hard work, willingness to pay the price to win and less about talent, although they did have talented players.

This is the first year since perhaps the 92-93 team that I feel confident that we have, at least on paper, a team that will compete every night, a team that won't be weak mentally and a team that will be really hard to play against.

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
  #23
Woland
Registered User
 
Woland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,475
vCash: 500
I've been in Switzerland all summer sportin' my Habs hat.

I will always identify myself to the logo not matter who or what .

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
  #24
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
lol, my priorities are messed up then. I don't put too much emphasis, but there's certain players you want to win, some you don't care if they're even in the NHL.
Don't get me wrong, I remember everyone who had a say in the team"s success, but the reality of sports is that players retire, players move away, and the only thing that always remains is the tradition and history of the club.

What I meant by priorities, is that I always put the team first, the players second in my heart.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 08:31 AM
  #25
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
I can...Gionta has always been one of my favorite players in the league.

I also love the fact that we have so many more vocal players now. Kovalev and Koivu were two very quiet guys.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.