HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3rd line foward?

Old
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
downsy89

vCash: 500
3rd line foward?

Will DL sign a 3rd line foward? Who will is the best palyer avaible to work in the kings system?

downsy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Primakov!

Lots of candidates with no consensus at all.

Travis Moen tends to get the most votes as a free agent candidate by a lot of posters.

Rich Hammond, the reporter for the Daily News, thinks that a free agent isn't coming and that it might be Richard Clune as a possibility from the minors.

After that you have a basket of names like Oscar Moller, Teddy Purcell, Trevor Lewis, and David Meckler.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Don't need one. We have bottom six forwards for days.

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Don't need one. We have bottom nine forwards for days.
Fixed.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Bottom 6 forwards make the world go round!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Pucknut50

3rd line:Simmonds/Handzus/Williams

Frolov/Kopitar/Brown
Smyth/Stoll/Moller

Clune/Lewis/Richardson

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post

Frolov/Kopitar/Brown
Smyth/Stoll/Moller

Clune/Lewis/Richardson
That's interesting. Tough to play against.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:

Frolov/Kopitar/Brown
Smyth/Stoll/Moller

Clune/Lewis/Richardson
Not a chance. Williams is NOT a 3rd liner....and Moller is NOT a second liner yet....

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Not a chance. Williams is NOT a 3rd liner....and Moller is NOT a second liner yet....
Agreed. Williams will be on the first or second line and Moller should be with the Monarchs for the year.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I would keep it open for our kids. Only way we get a 3rd liner is if its on a 1 year deal.

I liked the Simmonds-Zeus-Moller 3rd line last year. If, Lewis has a great pre-season, we can always bump Zeus to the left side and have Lewis center that line. I like the options and Murray will be open to anything.

I believe Hickey, Moller, and Lewis have a legit shot at making the team this year. I also think Purcell will have a last shot. (Sort of like Boyle and Moulson this past year).

Here is your 2009-2010 LA KINGS

Frolov - Kopitar - Williams
Smyth - Stoll - Brown
Simmonds - Zeus - Moller
Westgarth - Lewis - Purcell

Doughty - Scuderi
Johnson - Greene
O'Donne - Hickey

Quick
Ersberg
Bernier (Most likely will start at Manchester but won't be surprised if he wins the job at camp).

Many will argue some of these youngsters will need time at manchester but I say this will be the best team we can throw out on the ice and the NHL experience will benefit them in the long run. I think it worked for Doughty and Brown. It will prove to have worked for Simmonds and Moller.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
I would keep it open for our kids. Only way we get a 3rd liner is if its on a 1 year deal.

I liked the Simmonds-Zeus-Moller 3rd line last year. If, Lewis has a great pre-season, we can always bump Zeus to the left side and have Lewis center that line. I like the options and Murray will be open to anything.

I believe Hickey, Moller, and Lewis have a legit shot at making the team this year. I also think Purcell will have a last shot. (Sort of like Boyle and Moulson this past year).

Here is your 2009-2010 LA KINGS

Frolov - Kopitar - Williams
Smyth - Stoll - Brown
Simmonds - Zeus - Moller
Westgarth - Lewis - Purcell

Doughty - Scuderi
Johnson - Greene
O'Donne - Hickey

Quick
Ersberg
Bernier (Most likely will start at Manchester but won't be surprised if he wins the job at camp).

Many will argue some of these youngsters will need time at manchester but I say this will be the best team we can throw out on the ice and the NHL experience will benefit them in the long run. I think it worked for Doughty and Brown. It will prove to have worked for Simmonds and Moller.

You can guarantee Ivanans will be in that lineup somewhere....

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Moller isn't a 3rd liner either........
We should wait for the teamcamp.
Basically i prefer 1 year Manchester for Oskar and give Purcell the last chance to grap a spot to work up into the top 6

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
KingsFan323

Quote:

Frolov/Kopitar/Brown
Smyth/Stoll/Moller

Clune/Lewis/Richardson
I like this lineup out of all the others. Clune reminds me of a Sean Avery, minus the ******** antics. Maybe replace Westgarth or Ivanans with Richardson and the 4th line looks good.

People say Moller should be sent to Manchester next year...wt-****??? Moller was good last year and this year his progression should make him better. He was on the 2nd line last year with Fro and Handzus,,,he's ready.

I say we should go with this lineup into the season, and possible call-ups should be Loktionov and Purcell (if re-signed).

Then the D could look like this...

Doughty- JMFJ (re-sign him please, we have all the money in the world)
Scuderi- Greene
O'D- Voinov/Hickey (either one and I'm good, more likely Hickey will make the lineup, he was looking real good last year)

Quick- Ersberg/Bernier

I'm starting to like this team. lol

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
You can guarantee Ivanans will be in that lineup somewhere....
Him and Westgarth will switch around..

I also think Juraj Mikus might crack the line-up...

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
regulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
I also think Purcell will have a last shot. (Sort of like Boyle and Moulson this past year).

Purcell is 23 years old, scores at a higher than a point per game clip in the AHL (very difficult task), and has shown that he has a high skill level, probably higher than a vast majority of the Kings players. I agree he has to work on the heart part of the game more to satisfy TM, put his last shot? I sure hope we don't give up on him after 50 NHL games. It will come back to haunt us.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Purcell is 23 years old, scores at a higher than a point per game clip in the AHL (very difficult task), and has shown that he has a high skill level, probably higher than a vast majority of the Kings players. I agree he has to work on the heart part of the game more to satisfy TM, put his last shot? I sure hope we don't give up on him after 50 NHL games. It will come back to haunt us.
I am actually really high on Purcell and think he will be a regular for the Kings in the very near future.

However, I may also be overrating him and at 24 it is his time to step up and show he can play at this level. If he doesn't then maybe DL does ship him out...

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
KingsFan323

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Trade him... I think we have far better and far more prospects to worry about than Purcell getting his chance. I personally think Lewis is a lot better in all aspects and would like this to be HIS year to shine. Moller and Simmonds were better than Purcell last year. I say we trade him for a 3rd rounder.

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 10:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

ok i would like to have the kings pick up a local boy ( ok local to me i live in thunder bay ) taylor pyatt He plays lw and i think would benefit with a change of scenery. For thoses not familar with taylor his finanace was murdered in a trip to jamica. I know he used to play alot of minutes on vancovers top lines with the sedins He would be a upgrade as the 3rd line lw giving us a person to move up when folov gets benched again also can be used in the second power play. He made 1.5 millon last year I think we could sign him for that or less. Ok I have my homer glasses on a little because he would have local reporters focus a bit more on la As they tend to ignore them unless they play a candiain team. They do follow the local boys stalls aulds sharpe etc so having local King would help me out lol

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:06 PM
redcard

Right now its between Moller or Purcell as to who plays with Handzus and Simmonds, but neither of them make sense.

Moller should be given an opportunity to get quality minutes on the first or second line in Manchester. Purcell hasn't shown that he can play on the top 2 lines, and isn't defensively responsible enough (although he's not a liability by any means) to play a defensive role on Zues's line. If I'm Dean, I consider moving Purcell to a(nother) rebuilding team who has a spot open on their top 2 lines for a player like Teddy in exchange for a winger with size and defensive responsibility for the 3rd line.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
regulate

Purcell is definitely a wild card, but to give up on him or trade him at this point I believe is a mistake. He is an excellent player on the power play, and probably is one of the top Kings as far as vision on the ice. He is also an excellent trump card in case someone get hurt, and with Williams and Smyth having a history of injuries, he is the best back up plan at this point.

I think we have short memories. Isn't this the team that was shut out 11 times last year. You should not give up on offensive talent.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:21 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
ok i would like to have the kings pick up a local boy ( ok local to me i live in thunder bay ) taylor pyatt He plays lw and i think would benefit with a change of scenery. For thoses not familar with taylor his finanace was murdered in a trip to jamica. I know he used to play alot of minutes on vancovers top lines with the sedins He would be a upgrade as the 3rd line lw giving us a person to move up when folov gets benched again also can be used in the second power play. He made 1.5 millon last year I think we could sign him for that or less. Ok I have my homer glasses on a little because he would have local reporters focus a bit more on la As they tend to ignore them unless they play a candiain team. They do follow the local boys stalls aulds sharpe etc so having local King would help me out lol
1. To others; Please do not infer that this bastardization of the English language is akin to others/all from Northern Ontario...

2. Carly was in no way murdered... Tread wisely here...

3. Tay has nice eyes... Other than that no....

4. What local reporters? What following?... Any "journalism" is a posting of clips from the Canadian Press a day after...

5. Taco Ground Beef

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:37 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
1. To others; Please do not infer that this bastardization of the English language is akin to others/all from Northern Ontario...

2. Carly was in no way murdered... Tread wisely here...

3. Tay has nice eyes... Other than that no....

4. What local reporters? What following?... Any "journalism" is a posting of clips from the Canadian Press a day after...

5. Taco Ground Beef
Frist off i would like to correct myself and applogize for saying the word murdered when i ment killed For that i was wrong but in no way deserved this attack on my region i live in. . As far as the bastardation of the english language this is the net and not a english class The local reporters i was refering to was the joke of a newspaper The Chronical Journel that really doesnt report on Los Angeles hockey but does folow the local nhl players. Which if Taylor was a King i would get more coverage from them . I have no idea what ur talking about in point 5 and i ll take ur word on the fact he has nice eyes even thou it has very little to do with the post or hockey in general

Old
07-08-2009, 11:50 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Frist off i would like to correct myself and applogize for saying the word murdered when i ment killed For that i was wrong but in no way deserved this attack on my region i live in. . As far as the bastardation of the english language this is the net and not a english class The local reporters i was refering to was the joke of a newspaper The Chronical Journel that really doesnt report on Los Angeles hockey but does folow the local nhl players. Which if Taylor was a King i would get more coverage from them . I have no idea what ur talking about in point 5 and i ll take ur word on the fact he has nice eyes even thou it has very little to do with the post or hockey in general
an attack on my hometown! bombs away... movin' this to pm..

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think the third line slot is reserved for youth. I highly doubt we go after anyone else. We have too many depth forwards as it is... A lot of people forget about players like Richardson as well.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2009, 11:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

new in here so im not sure how to pm but not a problem i ll figure it out im sure if not email me