HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Battle of the Boards

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2004, 02:53 PM
Perfect_Gravity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantas
Update: I'm still in discussion with our mods about how to get this started, that's why no thread has been created, in either NHL Talk or the Fantasy board.

So, I've been thinking about the rules and how this is going to be set up. I was thinking about only limiting it to the 16 boards representing teams in the playoffs, but that's no fun. However, having 30 boards in the pool is severly going to restrict the quality of players teams are going to get. For example, the very first board will get a great pick, but their second pick is going to be #60 (since we'd do a reverse order draft), which is really going to be something crappy. Just imagine what their 3 and 4th picks would look like.
So here's what I'm proposing (almost identical to our own internal pool).

1. All 30 boards are in, each board will elect one spokesperson (mods can be it if they're interested), for updating stats, spreading announcements and other miscellaneous stuff
2. It's a free-for-all (boards just submit their list)
2b. Lists can be submitted between Monday 12:00 AM EST and Wednesday 12:00 AM EST.
2c. All lists submitted are FINAL. No changes, no exceptions
3. 13 forwards, 6 defensemen, 1 goalie (not sure if there'll be any restrictions on the number of times a goalie can be picked).
4. 1 point each for a goal and an assist
5. Goalies: 1 point for win, 2 points for shutout, 3 points for goal, 2 points for assist

I'm open to ideas about OT goals, PP and SH points.

Does this work for people? Comments and criticisims are welcome.
How about in a power play points get an extra +1, so a powerplay goal/assist would be worth 2 points. Short handed, since it's rare in the playoffs, should be a +2, so 3 points.

Also you could give a +1 to game winning goal scorers.

Old
03-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Quantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
How about in a power play points get an extra +1, so a powerplay goal/assist would be worth 2 points. Short handed, since it's rare in the playoffs, should be a +2, so 3 points.

Also you could give a +1 to game winning goal scorers.
Interesting...not a bad idea, but with so many teams and so many players being selected, I rather not make the points system overly complicated. Imagine if a player got a short-handed OT goal .

I am open to awarding 2 points for every OT point...how does that sound?

Old
04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Quantas

Bad news folks, looks like the Battle of the Boards (BotB) won't be getting off the ground. Due to the amount of work involved, and a lack of time, I'm shelving the idea unless someone else wants to give it a go.

I've been speaking with our mods who've tried to get the word out to the other board mods (whose help would really be vital) but to be honest, it's a little late and everyone's quite busy. We all figured it would be best to focus on our own pool and if that goes well (and why wouldn't it) maybe give the BotB a try next year.

Old
04-02-2004, 12:38 PM
GD|eNSo

Alright ... How about just a N.W.D. one? I can talk to the mod at our place (Toronto). You can talk to Bos/Mon.

Old
04-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Quantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen|us
Alright ... How about just a N.W.D. one? I can talk to the mod at our place (Toronto). You can talk to Bos/Mon.
That would be easier to manage. It would definitely be doable if we could get someone from each board to "manage" their side. Why don't you check with the Leaf board and if there's enough interest, we can approach the rest of the NED.

Old
04-02-2004, 01:01 PM
GD|eNSo

Alright, ill start a thread over there. Probably should get a good response.

About the "N.W.D" I was visiting the Oils board, so .... :p

Old
04-02-2004, 01:08 PM
GD|eNSo

Alright Thread is up.

Closed Thread