HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wash-OTT-Anaheim

Old
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
TheFisherKing

vCash: 500
just a guess, but you're an anaheim fan right?

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Alex28*

Not bad but if we're taking Giguere Nylander also gets shipped out and we get 2 first round picks.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 03:35 PM
HarveySpecter

aweful, just aweful. Ottawa gives up a 50 goal scorer, a promising young goalie, their best penalty killer, and salary dump for an overpaid backup goalie!?!

HarveySpecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Bleak

I laughed at this to say the least xD
We need to get RID of salary for quality D-men. Our scoring, on an Anaheim perspective, is rather solid. Everyone on this offersheet got screwed. 7.1 million came from where?! Bobby Ryan wouldn't be signing next year, thats for sure. Lol.

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeHead View Post
just a guess, but you're an anaheim fan right?
An Anaheim fan would not propose a trade in which we trade Giguere and still end up adding $7 mio we don't have...

He's a Senators fan, btw... A weird one, I admit.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
SpezDispenser

I wouldn't trade you Elliott for that sack of ****, let alone anyone halfway decent.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
This

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
BigCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
To Washington
G Giguere (6.0)
note: Wash takes on 1.5 mill cap hit

To Ottawa
G Theodore (4.5)
C Ebbert (.487)
note: OTT unloads 8.6 mill cap hit

To Anaheim
LW Heatley (7.5)
G Elliott (1.0 est.)
D Smith (2.6)
C Kelly (2.5)
note: Anaheim takes on 7.1 mill cap hit

You have to be the worst SENS poster of all time. Why do you keep coming up with such terrible proposals for the Sens? Why would we want Theodore precisely when we just brought in Leclaire?

Why would we move Heatley and Elliott for Theodore and Ebbert? (Also you cap hit for Kelly is wrong as he is $2.125M, not $2.5M)

Perhaps if you had said what we would do with all the oh, so valuable cap savings you are giving us, and perhaps if we could rewind to June 30th...

Please stop with the terrible proposals. You are absolutely TERRIBLE!

BigCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Massena Sens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
An Anaheim fan would not propose a trade in which we trade Giguere and still end up adding $7 mio we don't have...

He's a Senators fan, btw... A weird one, I admit.
Most of the people replying to this post know their hockey players - I'll give them that. What virtually know one in HF Boards understands is the value of cap space. Having $8Million dollars to spend, if you can afford to spend it, and the Sens can, is equal in worth to getting an $8 million dollar player back in return (or two $ 4 million dollar players or four $2 miilion dollar players - if you get the picture). Hypothetically, if this trade went through it would be like the Sens getting Ebbett, Theodore and future considerations (the players they would later sign to contracts with that money). Or to think of it another way, it is the same as getting draft picks in terms of the players not being known; after all, does a team know in advance what players they will draft with the picks they get in trades. I would venture to say that some GMs understand this but realize that their simple-minded fan base would be incapable of comprehending this complexity and so, out of fear of being ripped for what would otherwise be perfectly logical trades don't entertain these types of trades. You will notice that salary dump trades are only executed and well received by the fans when there is a well-defined money issue. That is, team x needs to dump salary for whatever reason. It seems like only in those situations do fans understand. Well, in this proposal, salary is being dumped to go shopping. So what is wrong with that!

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Sulayman

Quote:
Most of the people replying to this post know their hockey players - I'll give them that. What virtually know one in HF Boards understands is the value of cap space. Having $8Million dollars to spend, if you can afford to spend it, and the Sens can, is equal in worth to getting an $8 million dollar player back in return (or two $ 4 million dollar players or four $2 miilion dollar players - if you get the picture). Hypothetically, if this trade went through it would be like the Sens getting Ebbett, Theodore and future considerations (the players they would later sign to contracts with that money). Or to think of it another way, it is the same as getting draft picks in terms of the players not being known; after all, does a team know in advance what players they will draft with the picks they get in trades. I would venture to say that some GMs understand this but realize that their simple-minded fan base would be incapable of comprehending this complexity and so, out of fear of being ripped for what would otherwise be perfectly logical trades don't entertain these types of trades. You will notice that salary dump trades are only executed and well received by the fans when there is a well-defined money issue. That is, team x needs to dump salary for whatever reason. It seems like only in those situations do fans understand. Well, in this proposal, salary is being dumped to go shopping. So what is wrong with that!
Why do you keep posting?

Sulayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Well, in this proposal, salary is being dumped to go shopping. So what is wrong with that!
Aside from how terrible everything else about it is, nothing.

3074326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 08:45 PM
DG

Quote:
Having $8Million dollars to spend, if you can afford to spend it, and the Sens can, is equal in worth to getting an $8 million dollar player back in return (or two $ 4 million dollar players or four $2 miilion dollar players - if you get the picture).
So having an 8M dollar player already signed is the same (or better, apparently) as having the cap space to go out and sign one?

I see...

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Wow This Deal Is Superbad.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I think by now every knowledgable fan has understood the importance of cap room and the benefits of salary dumps. However, it is just one variable in an equation that also - still - includes player's values to your team and other teams. There is a market out there. What you do is you absolutely single out one team (the Senators) from this market that includes 30 teams. For a player like Dany Heatley, there is a market out there. Granted, given the money he makes and the fact that many teams are up against the cap or their budget and therefore could not afford him, we are certainly not looking at a situation with about every GM interested, but there is a market and as a GM of your club it is your very responsibility to get the best market value you can get. Your offer - and I'm not a Heatley fan by any means - certainly does not meet that market value. Creating cap room is one thing about making trades, but it's not all of it.

Another thing that is wrong about this proposal is what I said - you can't just go around and pick a team to take ridiculous amounts of money back. Yes, Heatley is a good player, but right now, there probably is no team in this league that would make about any trade that would see them adding more than $7 mio. in a single deal. It's simply not happening under the cap.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Why don't we just give Heatley, Elliott and Kelly for FREE then? We'd have a lot of cap space...

You don't want to get assets back for them? Unless you call Theodore and his 1 year left at 4.5 an asset? I call that a salary dump. Heatley, Elliott and Kelly are not salary dumps...

Ebbett is nice but just another midget like Shannon. I would trade Kelly straight up for him maybe, i wouldn't give more, he's still a bit unproven just like Shannon. And not even sure i would do it to be honest. I would do it to clear cap space only

This is something some people don't understand on HF boards :

NHL players > cap space
NHL players > draft picks

Free agents market is never gonna work 100% of the time, you usually overpay and get stucked with a heavy contract, and that's not even considering if the player will fit in your system and if chemistry is gonna develop with other players... And a draft pick is never a sure thing, far from it actually.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Why don't we just give Heatley, Elliott and Kelly for FREE then? We'd have a lot of cap space...
I agree, in fact...

To waivers: Ottawa Senators players

To Senators: 56M in cap space!

Best team we've ever iced, inevitably.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 06:15 AM
BigCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I agree, in fact...

To waivers: Ottawa Senators players

To Senators: 56M in cap space!

Best team we've ever iced, inevitably.
Great plan, except the No Movement Clauses prevent a few players from getting waived. Dammit.

On the plus side, of those remaining, one would be Heatley, who certainly wouldn't be able to complain about his ice time then... or would he???

BigCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Da Kozak

no way that ottawa takes theodore. i mean 4.5 mill for a backup is obscene when ottawa has leclaire and a relatively inexpensive, young backup

Da Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Juice*

what an disgrace. how dumb do you have to be to even suggest a trade like this?

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
I would venture to say that some GMs understand this but realize that their simple-minded fan base would be incapable of comprehending this complexity and so, out of fear of being ripped for what would otherwise be perfectly logical trades don't entertain these types of trades.
ummm yeah...i think i see the problem.
you think you are a lot smarter than you are.

what you are suggesting is not complicated, just retarded.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
nilssont

epic proposal, lol

nilssont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:47 AM
BTD5504

you should be punched in the face. repeatedly.

BTD5504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Chrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
ummm yeah...i think i see the problem.
you think you are a lot smarter than you are.

what you are suggesting is not complicated, just retarded.
This and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTD5504 View Post
you should be punched in the face. repeatedly.
This.

Chrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
TMONT

Quote:
You give sens fans SUCH a bad name... Not only do you not take into account the needs/salaries of any of these teams, but you don't even know those of the team you cheer for! First of all, no team in the NHL has the room to simply take on 7+ million in cap hit without cripling themselves in the future. Next, what makes you think that cap space is just as valuable as losing signed, proven players? I understand cap space is valuable, but UFA players will generally want more than if they were already under contract, and how many UFA are left that could replace what you are giving up?? The worst part of the proposal is bringing in a 4+ million dollar goalie to backup Leclaire...I'm just going to assume you were trying the worst proposal possible in order to get a reaction. Nice work. Please HFboarders, do not think all sens fans are as idiotic and mentally unstable as this one...

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2009, 07:14 AM
um

seems like anaheims the winner and the only winner

um is offline   Reply With Quote