Notices

Colin Stuart?

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2004, 11:55 AM
CCTigers

vCash: 500
Colin Stuart?

Has there been any word on whether Colin will join Chicago this year? I sort of expected him to sign after CC was knocked out of the playoffs.

Given Colin's strong showings in previous years in rookie camp, does he have any remote chance of making the big club to start the season?

Any other information would be appreciated.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Holly Gunning

Have not heard a peep on that, but you never do on guys signing out of college. Given that the ECHL team will be in the playoffs at the same time as well, they could probably use a few extra bodies around, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Making the big club out of camp, no. I like the kid a lot, but I'm also realistic. It's a real tough jump straight to the NHL, and it's probably not even best development-wise.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Blatny Spears

I'd forgotten he was a senior ... was thinking he'd just finished his junior year. I'd love to see the Wolves sign him, as they did Jeff Dwyer. It's going to be crowded in the forward ranks though, by my guess. He could undoubtedly play in the ECHL, but I don't know how much of a challenge that would be for him.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatny Spears
He could undoubtedly play in the ECHL, but I don't know how much of a challenge that would be for him.
Just in case you thought so, that wasn't what I meant. I meant that the Wolves wouldn't have Kevin Doell and Anthony Aquino there to play if necessary, since they would be with the Gladiators. Therefore the Wolves could use more bodies. They won't be getting anyone back from the Thrashers except Santala.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCTigers
Has there been any word on whether Colin will join Chicago this year? I sort of expected him to sign after CC was knocked out of the playoffs.

Given Colin's strong showings in previous years in rookie camp, does he have any remote chance of making the big club to start the season?

Any other information would be appreciated.
Check out this
ARTICLE. (You'll need to scroll down to the very bottom of the page, to find your answer).

Closed Thread